Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Casa Cardonal now for sale in Punta Chivato
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2020 at 02:54 PM
Casa Cardonal now for sale in Punta Chivato

Hello Nomads,

Casa Cardonal, the gem of our property in the Costa Cardonal community of Punta Chivato, is now offered for sale.

If you know Punta Chivato, you likely know the Costa Cardonal community, and you may know that we have offered ALL our holdings there in a package sale. We have recently decided to change our sale direction by offering our beachfront home separately.

Casa Cardonal is a pretty, well-designed small home on a very large lot with 130+ feet of beachfront and next to a protected natural arroyo. The 1-BR, 1-BA home has 1600 sf under roof, with a large open-plan living/kitchen area and wrap-around veranda. The home is situated to allow for the addition of bedrooms, 2nd bath and garage (ask to see our suggested plan).

The property is within the low-density owner-controlled Costa Cardonal community and offers full environmental permitting, Zona Federal concession and title insurance. The community association owns around 5 acres of natural open space, roads, water lines and a community lot to be developed as the community sees fit. This is a worry-free sale, leading to a worry-free life!

We are offering Casa Cardonal, on its huge lot with addition plans, for $230,000 USD. We will consider serious offers in that vicinity, and we are prepared to offer financing terms to a qualified buyer.

Please reply with your questions. There are renters in the casa at the moment, but a visit can be arranged with 24 hours notice.

By selling Casa Cardonal while keeping the rest, we are happy to be sticking around in Punta Chivato for awhile longer. Hope to meet you there sometime!

Ruth Bennett
Costa Cardonal

[file]41026[/file] [file]41028[/file]

[file]41029[/file] [file]41030[/file]

[file]41031[/file]
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2020 at 08:48 PM

So is there a lease on the property It would seem it's in the Federal zone so I would think so? Sorry for the dumb questions, still trying to learn how Baja real-estate works. Place looks amazing by the way..
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2020 at 11:14 PM

Hi there -

Sorry - my mention of the Zona Federal was confusing. Our property is not a lease and is not in the Federal Zone. We hold clear title to the land and can pass the title to a foreign owner via a bank trust (fideicomiso) or other legal entity. And a Mexican citizen may own the property directly.

Casa Cardonal's lot adjoins the Federal Zone (the beach) which is the property of Mexico. In order to have some control over the activities on the beach in front of our community, we have acquired a "concession" from the Mexican government which gives us that authority.

I welcome your questions and your interest!

Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2020 at 09:48 PM

How far from the airstrip is the house and is the airstrip still usable?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 03:25 AM

Looks like a lovely home and I bet it sells lickety-split!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 05:08 AM

Maybe 2miles from the runway. This is in the best designed Parcel here. My Photobucket isn't working or I'd post a photo of the area.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 09:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Maybe 2miles from the runway. This is in the best designed Parcel here. My Photobucket isn't working or I'd post a photo of the area.

Is it to the east of the runway, past the old hotel, or west, towards Mulegé?

(sent you a u2u regarding Photobucket)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 11:08 AM

Hi Stickers,

The home is about 2 miles down the beach (towards Mulege) from the airstrip, and yes! It is open and usable, kept in shape by flying residents in Punta Chivato.

I'm not a pilot and would refer your questions to others who know the Punta Chivato airstrip personally. There are regular flyers who live beyond Casa Cardonal who radio friends on the ground as they fly in.

Thanks for your interest!!

Ruth
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 11:13 AM

Thank you Blanca and Russ!

We've loved this parcel and taken pride in the community we formed there. Gotta move on sometime, though. Maybe just back from the beach where the desert is magical.

Ruth
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cardonal  
....we have offered ALL our holdings there in a package sale. We have recently decided to change our sale direction by offering our beachfront home separately.

By selling Casa Cardonal while keeping the rest, we are happy to be sticking around in Punta Chivato for awhile longer. Hope to meet you there sometime!

Ruth Bennett
Costa Cardonal

What holdings? ''Keeping the rest'' of what ?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 11:23 AM

Here's a satellite view of the parcel in relation to Punta Chivato, the old hotel and the airstrip.

By the way, we continue to offer the entire package (2 homes, 4 lots within the Costa Cardonal community and 33 acres of undeveloped land with views of the entire bay) for sale.

Ruth

[file]41045[/file]
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 11:33 AM

Hi Lee,

I think I answered somewhat in the last post I made, but to be clear, if we sold our beachfront house, we would keep a second home, 4 large lots we still own within the Costa Cardonal community (the area closest to the beach), and the undeveloped acres back and over the top of the ridge.

Or we would sell everything we own at once. You'll find an ad for the full sale in the Classified "Baja Real Estate Available". Look for "Punta Chivato's Costa Cardonal..."

We'd be happy to talk about various ways of passing our property on to others.

Thanks for your question!
Ruth

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 11:35 AM

Beautiful house!
Great location!
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 11:46 AM

Thank you, Tioloco

We have loved it and put love into it for years.

Ruth
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 12:29 PM

What a Gem
Lionel :cool:
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 12:42 PM

Thank you, Lionel..

Whenever I'm there, sitting on the veranda looking at that view, I say to myself, "I'll never, in the rest of my life, call anything so beautiful MY HOME!" And my other home is a farm in Hawai'i!
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 03:09 PM

Was an Environmental Impact Review done and signed off by SEMARNAT since this is in the Biosphere? I read where SEMERNAT is reviewing and in some cases proposing fines for people in this area and Loreto who did not know they needed one.
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 03:23 PM

Thank you so much for that question, Norte!

Our community and all lot owners within the community went through the process of acquiring the Environmental Impact Review and have in hand the SEMARNAT "Cambio de Uso del Suelo" which allows our community and owners within it to make changes to our land - to the extent that we WANT to! We are very sensitive to our landscape, its native areas and habitats.

The SEMARNAT permit was issued in May, 2009, and covers all land and property, buffer zones, native areas, roads and structures within the community. We are under guidance within the terms of the permit to undertake certain practices to preserve endangered plants which may be in the path of constructions. All of our owners are protected under the terms of the permit.

I don't know of any other community in Punta Chivato that addressed this issue so thoroughly, and with the cooperative spirit that our community did. We're really proud of that!!

Ruth
submarine_dbk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 05:09 PM

As a neighbor of Ruth's in Costa Cardonal for 13 years now, we can attest that Casa Cardonal is a lovely, well-cared for and tranquil home on a beautifully landscaped lot in a wonderfully and thoughtfully laid out community. Having spent significant time on Ruth's porch overlooking the sea, whether it be with a morning coffee or an evening beer - we can say with confidence it's really an enchanting place to be.
Cardonal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 05:18 PM

Thank you, submarine! I have been blessed with friends and neighbors like you for these many years. I'll never leave Costa Cardonal, even when I move aside for your new good neighbor.

Folks out there who might be interested in buying our Casa Cardonal, you will love the tranquil beauty - and you'll love your neighbors!

Ruth
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.