Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rincón de Guayabitos
bobrehfuss
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2020 at 02:15 PM
Rincón de Guayabitos

Not Baja, it’s about an hour and a half north of Puerto Vallarta. I’m going there next week and wondered if anyone has been there?
Suntan

[*] posted on 2-2-2020 at 03:46 PM

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Rincon many years ago. It reminded me of miniature Waikiki without all the Japanese tourists. Check out the happy hours with the tubs of iced beer. It can be a fun place.
KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2020 at 09:06 PM

My brother moved there, built a house, married a local lady and has never regretted it. Lots of gringos there and a fun place to hang out. The next town to the north (like a mile away) is La Peñita de Jaltemba or just La Peñita. Also a fun little town, great restaurants and bars.

We enjoy my time there each time my wife and I visit.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2020 at 07:52 AM

Not a bad spot. It will be over run with snowbirds right now. Be aware the traffic between Punta Mita and R de G can be horrific any time of year.
bobrehfuss
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2020 at 09:53 PM

Well, that all sounds just about like what I am looking for. Can’t fish from a boat cause still recovering from surgery so wanted to chill somewhere warm with lots of places to eat and drink on the beach. Might try to wet a line from the beach in front of the house.

Thanks all for the info :)
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 2-3-2020 at 10:11 PM

Last time there was 1992. I sailed my boat, Windstalker, a Tayana 52 from La Paz to Puerto Vallarta via Rincon. Navigation was by dead reckoning with hourly checks on the old Satnav system with only 3 birds which were visable only once per hour. It was beautiful to see the rock on the bow as the sun came up. After 24 hours on the wheel, I was ready for a breakfast margarita. We looked up old friends that we knew wintered there and had a great day and night before heading down to PV to do some day charters. I'm sure that it has changed a lot but hope to see it again.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
2-5-2020 at 09:49 PM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.