BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Stuff to do for 7-year old around Ensenada, Rosario, Tijuana or VdG?
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 2-15-2020 at 07:34 AM
Stuff to do for 7-year old around Ensenada, Rosario, Tijuana or VdG?

Does anyone have any suggestions for fun activities for kids from Ensenada to TJ?

I’ve thought of fishing. Maybe take him to a movie at the Rosarito theater. Sometimes I think they have English speaking movies. But, practicing his Spanish would be great.

Any other ideas?

Edit, found the La Cañadas zip line. He’s been to La Bufadora. Maybe take him back there also.

[Edited on 2-15-2020 by BigBearRider]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-15-2020 at 08:06 AM

Entertaining a 7 year old is easy. Make it active, things my 7 year olds liked:
Kayaking
Biking
Mtn biking
Hiking
Anything at the beach
Fishing
Scootering
Sailing
Playgrounds

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-15-2020 at 10:40 AM

Nothing better than playing in the sand on the beach!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2020 at 07:26 PM

A little good old beach combing and tidal pools, some of the things mentioned above. Ask around for some hiking trails, there is always something to find in Baja. Check some of the geocaching sights and see if there is anything in the area, or make your own for someone else to find!
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 08:04 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 09:05 AM

stop along the highway and go for a short hike...my kids love climbing around on all the rocks

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 10:01 AM

There are the San Carlos Hotsprings, stop at a view point and watch for whales (bring binoculars); from Hwy. 3 past the LA Cetto winery - 5 mi. at the end of the road, there is a hike to a waterfall and natural hotpsprings. Give the 7 yr old some Mexico money and let him/her buy a momento at Rosarito - help calculate pesos; let him/her take their own photos. Walk along the fish market pier in Ensenada - see all the different fish for sale.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 01:28 PM

not alot of attractions around here but what 7 year old boy wouldn't be impressed with Puerto Nuevo's boob lady?

[Edited on 2-16-2020 by Don Pisto]

[Edited on 2-16-2020 by Don Pisto]
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 02:12 PM

My kids still tell the story of when they went horseback riding @ Rosarito. Slow walk down the beach, dinnertime bell rang on the way back and we all got rides never to be forgotten, Kids need to get on a horse once in life just for a point of reference.

Es Todo Bueno
bigjohn
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2020 at 10:37 PM

Many fond memories of those wild horseback rides back to the "barn" on the beach in front of Cantamar Trailer Park back in the 60's!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 09:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bigjohn  
Many fond memories of those wild horseback rides back to the "barn" on the beach in front of Cantamar Trailer Park back in the 60's!

My 12 y/o daughter and I (2003) at K58 (Alsitos):

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 10:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
My kids still tell the story of when they went horseback riding @ Rosarito. Slow walk down the beach, dinnertime bell rang on the way back and we all got rides never to be forgotten, Kids need to get on a horse once in life just for a point of reference.

Many of those tourist horses on the beach are poorly cared for. Sad to see the horses with obvious health problems, obvious poor care,...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2020 at 07:50 PM

Thanks for all the additional suggestions. Will keep in mind for future trips.

We bought sleeping bags and some LEGO in Rosarito. We ate at El Flamazo, next to El Trailero and built some LEGO.

We slept in an automotel in Ensenada. The next day, we walked on the malecón, saw the fish market, ate ice cream. We walked along the beach in Ensenada, and saw the horses. He didn’t want to ride. Then, we went to the PaiPai zoo and saw the animals. After that, we went to see a movie. In Spanish. He didn’t complain, but I’m not sure how much he understood.

The next day we go up early and went fishing off a panga near Punta Banda. He caught his first fish, saw seals, sea lions, and dolphins.

I now have some ideas for the next trip. Thanks!!

[Edited on 2-20-2020 by BigBearRider]
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2020 at 07:56 PM

Another Baja junkie in the works!
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2020 at 08:19 PM

Glad you had a good time. You're always welcome to spend a weekend at our house. Hopefully everything is going well with you.

Best, Mark
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2020 at 09:00 PM

Thanks, Mark. Hope all is well with you guys, too!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
2-21-2020 at 08:50 PM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.