Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: RV Caravan Wagon Masters wanted
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 03:13 PM

What a bunch of whiners this place has turned into!

I've driven over 100,000 miles in Central America and Mexico, not to mention maybe 20,000 in Baja. My experience with caravans has always been pleasant, even when behind the line.

If your in such a rush that you can't relax and wait for an opportune time to pass then pull over and take a walk! Even if these are 'geriatrics' then their someone's G-pa's and G-ma's or at least mom's and dad's. Maybe one day I'll run into yours and do my best to make sure the days of enjoyment they have worked so hard for all their lives are mellow...

Sounds like since their whiner kids are gone they deserve a break!
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 03:24 PM

A large group of RVers come to the area where I live once a year and typically donate to food banks, have auctions for charitable groups, pay for numerous student scholarships through local organizations and much more. And they try hard to be good citizens. To me, they are very welcome.

Not everyone is confident and knows everything the first time they come here. This is a good way for people to get to the know the area and get started as a Baja fan. Some even end up living in the area. Realize they are usually newbies or just enjoy doing it the way they do it. Be a friend and help them enjoy.

We are all here to slow down a bit and to de-stress. Allow them to do it and allow yourself the luxury of doing it yourself as well.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 04:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RocketJSquirrel  
A large group of RVers come to the area where I live once a year and typically donate to food banks, have auctions for charitable groups, pay for numerous student scholarships through local organizations and much more. And they try hard to be good citizens. To me, they are very welcome.

Not everyone is confident and knows everything the first time they come here. This is a good way for people to get to the know the area and get started as a Baja fan. Some even end up living in the area. Realize they are usually newbies or just enjoy doing it the way they do it. Be a friend and help them enjoy.

We are all here to slow down a bit and to de-stress. Allow them to do it and allow yourself the luxury of doing it yourself as well.

Twaddle.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 05:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Oh, I agree, they are difficult to pass when bunched up. So, are very annoying. The nightmare is only when you try to pass in inappropriate spot. It is your own fault if you let your annoyance turn into rage or a nightmare :light:

You've never passed a caravan Tom so passing nonsense off as intelligent discourse, here, reflects badly on you.

Pass when appropriate? Written like a tourist.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 05:55 PM

I've run into good caravans who space accordingly and have been schooled in Baja ''turn-signal etiquette'', running CB's and notifying other caravaners a passer is coming up... and I've run into horrible ones with 'trail bosses' who are obnoxious and surly towards those not in their charge. Sounds like Beddows' company have their chit together (as much as can be). I applaud the effort.

My first night at Rancho Sta. Inez in '95 was there fairly early, got a good spot under the north tree, and lo! and behold in comes a caravan, and one of the party figgered I was a member, and pulled in so close I could hear their toilet flush. I moved my rig. By the time the whole bunch was there, holy Charlie Foxtrot formation..... one idjit left his porchlight on all friggin night to ward off evil spirits (big land yacht motorhome).

Never cared for 'em since, but cada loco con su tema, que no? Best way to deal with a chit-fer-brains caravan is take half a day off from your journey, find a chill spot, have some beers and hit it again in the morning. Since the big insurgence of crimes they're much fewer and farther between than they were 25 years ago.

[Edited on 2-24-2020 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
2-23-2020 at 07:48 PM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.