BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: California announcing its first death, which it linked to a cruise ship
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2020 at 03:13 PM
California announcing its first death, which it linked to a cruise ship

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/health/us-coronavirus-update-...

Another case related to cruise ship, this time sailing between SF and Ensenada. Not clear whether Ensenada had anything to do with this.

WA remains a hot spot. Incidentally, there is a huge Chinese population there, as well as in the adjacent British Columbia.

[Edited on 3-4-2020 by Alm]
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-4-2020 at 05:51 PM

The article said SF and Mexico, didn't see where it said anything about Ensenada although that is a popular port but a 10 day may skip over Ensenada to get further south quicker.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2020 at 06:51 PM

The article that mentioned sailing to Ensenada was on secure page of my bank, pasting the link didn't work. The latest sailing of that ship was supposed to be SF-Hawaii with Ensendada call on the return leg, by that time the passenger from the previous voyage died and they cancelled stop in Ensenada: https://nypost.com/2020/03/04/grand-princess-cruise-cancels-...

[Edited on 3-5-2020 by Alm]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-4-2020 at 08:16 PM

That cruise ship reports 20+ people with flu-like symptoms, so it has been denied entry to San Fran,... I suppose it will float off nor cal coast until clear,... but winds are on shore, so you coastal NorCal people best put on your masks!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 01:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

WA remains a hot spot. Incidentally, there is a huge Chinese population there, as well as in the adjacent British Columbia.

And what does resident Chinese populations have to do with it? It's a contagious virus, not something one manifests simply because they happen to be of Chinese heritage.
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 04:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

And what does resident Chinese populations have to do with it? It's a contagious virus, not something one manifests simply because they happen to be of Chinese heritage.

Haha. People have also stopped eating Chinese food and going to Chinatown.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 06:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
,... but winds are on shore, so you coastal NorCal people best put on your masks!

Goathead, masks are for sick people to keep the virus from spreading. The 'mask pandemic' of everyone buying them up is shorting medical pro's who rely on 'em.

Get yer facts straight and quit eating beer cans.:P

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 07:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
,... but winds are on shore, so you coastal NorCal people best put on your masks!

Goathead, masks are for sick people to keep the virus from spreading. The 'mask pandemic' of everyone buying them up is shorting medical pro's who rely on 'em.

I guess it appears a bit hypocritical when the doctors scold the public and say masks are only for sick people, then the doctors all wear masks so they don’t get sick...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 08:15 AM

Another case related to cruise ship, this time sailing between SF and Ensenada. Not clear whether Ensenada had anything to do with this.

Alm,
The “Chinese” in WA are primarily US Citizens, or “Americans.”

God bless America!

Woke!

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 09:54 AM

I guess it appears a bit hypocritical when the doctors scold the public and say masks are only for sick people, then the doctors all wear masks so they don’t get sick...

Actually Goat - medical professionals wear specific spec masks in conjunction with gloves, and sanitization protocols and training to not touch the mask or face, and they actually have to get mask fit tests every year. That's a bit different than going out and buying a mask of unknown quality and using it without proper training, or any protocols.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 10:22 AM
The Chinese Menace

Arriving home ayer en la tarde, my wife retrieves the mail and I find that my latest EBay order arrived from CHINA.

I considered whether or not to simply burn it, but since she (and I) had already handled it .............. Oh Well. Cacamas Occurs !

Que Sera Sera.

Given the FACT that the most-affected group (fatalities-wise) is US and (short of hiding in the house for months) the impossibility of avoiding daily contact, I figure that we're probably screwed, anyway. Having arrived at the worn-out aged stage, I wouldn't mind so much, but I imagine that it's a fairly miserable way to go.

We're hoping for something of a delay. Hate to miss one last St. Pat's Day.

I'd like to see Uncle Joe beat the Putz, too, but that seems to be too far down the road.

Concerned over probable panic-buying, we're heading out for necessary supplies. Stella Artois, Guinness, Jameson's and a few canned goods.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Actually Goat - medical professionals wear specific spec masks in conjunction with gloves, and sanitization protocols and training to not touch the mask or face, and they actually have to get mask fit tests every year. That's a bit different than going out and buying a mask of unknown quality and using it without proper training, or any protocols.

Actually...they wear masks where pertinent to keep the patient from getting exposed to whatever those providing medical care MIGHT have due to the expected weakened state of the Patient. The patient is the one at risk in a hospital environment.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 11:44 AM

This is all fake news...Prez Trump says so...nothing to see here...now how about that stock market and the great economy;)

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 11:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
This is all fake news...Prez Trump says so...nothing to see here...now how about that stock market and the great economy;)

Right. Market drops 1k points in last 30 minutes. Mass confusion and WH is adding to that. Way to go.

It would be credible for anyone posting about the virus to post facts rather than what they read one time on facebook, or Cosmo.

Believe everything you read and pass it off as facts if you want -- humor is always appreciated in the Land of Confusion.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 02:25 PM
Looking for FACTS ?

Nobody in their right mind would listen to the White House occupant.

Whose latest is to blame (who else but ?) Obama for problems in rolling out testing.

Citing an Obama FDA rule that he (Trump) claims to have reversed.

The slight problem there is that the "proposed" rule under B.O. was discussed, weighed, discounted and NEVER adopted.

The Buck NEVER stops in this administration. Regardless of inconvenient FACTS.

The developing panic may be justified.

Speaking of which, in the Market free-fall this afternoon, there were bright spots. Mainly, suppliers of provisions such as Campbell (canned soups), Hunt (canned goods), Kroger (groceries), etc.

Incidentally, while Stater Bros. was busy earlier, it seemed relatively normal AND we saw only (1) person wearing a mask. Male, OLD, 300+ lbs., riding a cart.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 03:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

Incidentally, while Stater Bros. was busy earlier, it seemed relatively normal AND we saw only (1) person wearing a mask. Male, OLD, 300+ lbs., riding a cart.

And he's worried about coronavirus. Hilarious. Diabetes and heart failure are far more likely causes of death.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 04:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

And he's worried about coronavirus. Hilarious. Diabetes and heart failure are far more likely causes of death.

John

Diabetes and heart disease are manageable conditions, well, manageable to a degree. Corona virus is serious for obese/elderly, so mask seems wise.

I know many people that smoke, and also wear seat belts when driving.
Their wearing seat belts and smoking is not hilarious (unless they are telling funny jokes).
Just managing each unique risk individually.

Different strokes for different folks, eh?

Woke!

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 04:43 PM

The US is at #10 in the world on infections and #5 in deaths now, 55 new cases and 1 new fatality today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 05:01 PM

Diabetes and heart disease are manageable conditions, well, manageable to a degree. Corona virus is serious for obese/elderly, so mask seems wise.
Different strokes for different folks, eh?

If he wasn't 300 pounds in the first place, both those issues may not even exist. Goatster, aren't you the first one to criticize people's lifestyles?

And, it's most likely his stroke, not mine. My BMI is 23, how about you?

John

[Edited on 3-6-2020 by John Harper]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 07:06 PM

I believe this ship went to Manzanillo, Mazatlan, and Cabo - NOT Ensenada.

[Edited on 3-6-2020 by Ateo]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.