Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8
Author: Subject: Coronavirus
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 10:20 AM

I believe this is a recording of the committee meeting that I referred to above, that recently adjourned at around 10am MST.

This is about as immediate an update on this situation as one is going to get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h34z6hS52YM
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 10:25 AM

What is impressive, if they are believable, are the "new case" numbers coming out of China. For a while now it has been low double digits.

Italy however, is on the opposite end of the scale.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 12:34 PM

Corona in the US:
1523 cases reported - 40 deaths
40 deaths mean that 18 days ago 4,000 people were infected (1% death rate)
the number of infected doubles every 6 days
so 4,000 infected from 18 days ago have ballooned to 32,000 infected today (and not 1523 as officially reported).

if we can not slow the infection rate that number will explode to 500,000 in one month

no need to panic, as most of us will not die. Many will though.
Stay away from others and wash your hands religiously

sorry for my previously bad math

[Edited on 3-13-2020 by 4x4abc]

Harald Pietschmann
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
I don't trust anything coming out of the White House. But the World Health Organization just declared COVID 19 a pandemic.

https://tinyurl.com/tpcszex

If Joy Behar hasn't said it, then it cannot be true.

The harder I work, the luckier I get
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 02:11 PM

Being that the majority of Nomads are on the wrong side of 60 , MOST here are screwed !!!:o:o

Including Moi ,,,,

Be safe my friends !:biggrin:

[Edited on 3-12-2020 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 02:12 PM

:rolleyes:.....she has, and it is.... :no:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 05:36 PM

Here in the USA the whole country is shutting. Commute traffic is disappearing. People are canceling travel. In some cities the populace is going into hibernation/quarantine. Ports like LA are almost ghost towns.

This will be very, very, very bad for the economy. People will stop spending on so many things, all businesses will see negative sales.

The economy is flocked!

I see recession coming,...

Wonder how long it will take to recover?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 05:50 PM

I've been buying the Sh*t out'a ammo, food stuffs and booze,,, so all is well !!!

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 08:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
I've been buying the Sh*t out'a ammo, food stuffs and booze,,, so all is well !!!

since you are over 65, there is 25% probability you will be hospitalized after you come down with corona virus :o:o After the ambulance takes you from your house, your neighbors will walk right in your house and take all that hoarded ammo, drink all your booze, and eat all your food :o:o

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 09:55 PM

Well, one thing's for sure, AMLO's gonna have to come up with a modified "hug" for the cartels. That simply can't be allowed now........or deaths might result. :smug:
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 10:07 AM

Went out to Yuma for a couple of days...probably ground central for the over 65 crowd anywhere. No one was hiding out from fear of the virus. Most seemed to be rolling their eyes at the mention of it. Pretty busy everywhere most would congregate.

The only concern for me (65) was that it didn't stop raining enough for the flooded dip at the Arieda gun range. Waited 2 days and gave up.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 02:00 PM
Baja protocol at home now!

I did not go shopping to hoard supplies, but I am almost out of TP. Every store I checked here in Grass Valley, the shelves are bare!

I heat with a wood stove, so a paper bag lined waste basket and paper towels will provide more fire starter. Tear a square will have the added benefit of reduced chance of breakthrough! :smug:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 03:13 PM

Observations Today at 11am, north San Diego County...
I went to Costco to buy gasoline... and the gas lines were normal (87 octane gas down to $2.99!)... but the store line to get into the parking lot went way down the street to Nordahl plus a line to get off the 78 freeway for Costco and Walmart in San Marcos.
I then went to WinCo to get cat sand and it was crazy full with nearly every register open and lines for each. It was crazy the people who had overloaded shopping carts.
Took my wife to lunch at Cocina del Charro (excellent fish tacos today) and all was normal there.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 03:48 PM

At happy hour I think i'll have a ''quarantini''. it's a regular martini, but I'll drink it at home, alone. :bounce:

Also, the reason for the runs (pun intended) on toilet paper; one person sneezes and ten more chit themselves. :O

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 03:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Went out to Yuma for a couple of days...probably ground central for the over 65 crowd anywhere. No one was hiding out from fear of the virus. Most seemed to be rolling their eyes at the mention of it. Pretty busy everywhere most would congregate.

The only concern for me (65) was that it didn't stop raining...

Statistics don’t lie. The rate of pneumonia and death in the 65+ population group is quite high, way worse than any flu in your lifetime.

This was in NYMag today:

In a study that has not yet been peer-reviewed, researchers at the University of Bern in Switzerland used data from the Chinese Center for Disease Control to determine that mortality rates among those infected in January and February in Hubei province shot up with each decade:

Age Group — Mortality Rate

0-9 — <.01 percent
10-19 — .02 percent
20-29 — .09 percent
30-39 — .18 percent
40-49 — .40 percent
50-59 — 1.3 percent
60-69 — 4.6 percent
70-79 — 9.8 percent
80 & up — 18 percent

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Paranewbi, mortality rate in your age group is 1 in 20 :o

Woke!

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 05:52 PM

Hmmm...Any reports in from Chuckie from the Kansas Prairies? I look forward to his interesting input on the current events.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 07:36 PM
March 12; first presumptive case discovered in Anchorage!

A foreign nation developed symptoms after arriving in Anchorage! Considering that Anchorage is a major air crossroad, I am surprised that is not wide spread there by now.

There are two passenger terminals there, one for travel to or from Alaska, and another international terminal for those on their way somewhere else. If you fly from Beijing to Mexico City, you would probably pass through Anchorage!

In addition to the passenger terminal, there is a duty free shop, maintenance and fueling facilities, crew changes and other services provided to aircraft from all over!

And then there is the air cargo hub that is second only to Atlanta in tonnage, and flights through a US airport. I am amazed that the virus did not get established there early in the process!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 07:38 PM

Hey DK,

Glad Cocina del Charro was good. I know a few servers there who were told to go home today due to no customers. And all their banquets were cancelled for the weekend.

My kids are out for three weeks. My wife is off for three weeks. We are all gonna wanna kill each other soon.

Just kidding about that! But serious about Cocina.

Hope all is well with you!

Jon

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 08:26 PM

Corona has arrived in BCS
2 suspects in Los Cabos
2 previous suspects have tested negative
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-peop...

Harald Pietschmann
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2020 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Corona in the US:
1523 cases reported - 40 deaths
40 deaths mean that 18 days ago 4,000 people were infected (1% death rate)
the number of infected doubles every 6 days
so 4,000 infected from 18 days ago have ballooned to 32,000 infected today (and not 1523 as officially reported).

if we can not slow the infection rate that number will explode to 500,000 in one month

no need to panic, as most of us will not die. Many will though.
Stay away from others and wash your hands religiously

sorry for my previously bad math

[Edited on 3-13-2020 by 4x4abc]

Almost 50% of the 40 deaths were from it hitting a single senior citizens center in Seattle.

[Edited on 3-14-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.