Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8
Author: Subject: Coronavirus
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 03:39 PM

I got a pneumonia shot last year in Anchorage. I believe it is for a bacterial infection, and if that is correct, I don't think it will prevent "pneumonia like" symptoms from a virus.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 03:39 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/pneumococcal/vaccination.html

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I watched a Mexican channel yesterday that showed very ill folks being turned away from hospitals, somewhere on the mainland. They were not happy, not one little bit.

My Mom, who is in Brazil and in her 80's, was advised by her doc to get a pneumonia vaccine, which she did. Les says he got one last year and was told it was good for his lifetime. I don't remember getting mine.

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 03:57 PM

Saw this on Bloddydecks, some clown all in for going fishing in Cabo on the 25th, 'bout the same I'm seeing here in SF altho I haven't been out in a couple days now. Apparently 2 cases in Mexicali now, two women from Washington so the story goes.

Quote from BD.
"Getting back would be my concern. That option can can be off the table at a moments notice"

Getting across our border to US is easy .. LOL .. not an issue ... Just sayin... We are headed down there on the 25th ... gonna fish 3-4 days in CSL .... I spoke to my Capt Juanito and does not understand what all the pedo is up here .. he says nothing going on any different down there except for less tourist ... and my buddy at the Squid says " Crazy as always"and he was asking me why all the issues with going to Mexico ... so we are all in and hopefully it all works out as long as they dont shut us out of coming back to USA ... or .. I will just have to quarantine in CABO ... keep your fingers crossed ...

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 06:36 PM

US today has gone from 8th to 6th in the world in number of cases, 2980 new cases today, so far.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 06:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Firesign Theatre; Beat the Reaper!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3zZ_ih0Jpc

Thanks for the throw back to trippy memory lane and a good laugh - now is the time for a little levity.

Ever listen to Radio Free Vestibule? Here’s Zalgon 26 McGee for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mapN5ZsWdA

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 06:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Cloroquine- interesting notion

I have traveled a lot in malaria prone countries
Early on we always took this as a prophylactic
But some years back we were advised to refrain...
Seems that its main function was to mask symptoms which led to worse results when the disease manifested itself.

Not sure that I would want to try something that just hid the symptoms and delayed treatment for the real thing...

Manufactured in England, no longer being shipped, all of it is being saved for the UK.

Es Todo Bueno
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 04:48 AM

This is from yesterday's Gringo Gazette. While it acknowledges that the virus is being treated seriously from La Paz north, there seems to be an invisible line between La Paz and Todos Santos. To the south of the line, it's "eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 09:40 AM

Let's hear some Baja ingenuity about the homemade ventilators all of us will need to survive ???

avg. lung capacity 1.6 gallons of air
breath rate @ 20 per minute.

Ventilator tubes are being 3D printed in Italy by companies and being given to the public. The rest is up to your ingenuity to save your family or yourself.

CPAP machines are being modified too.

Hoping my big bottle of Amoxicillin, my homemade ventilator & Type A+ blood are good enough.

Es Todo Bueno
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 12:14 PM

I think Mexico will drive off the cliff rather than fess up and take precautions. They are terrified of loosing tourism, a critical component of the economy.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 01:28 PM

Mexico uses Chloroquine to treat Malaria and several other diseases currently. There are several lab studies and clinical trials that indicate that Chloroquine will both prevent and shorten the course of the Wuhan Virus! Speak with a local Doctor or Pharmacist to get their opinion! What do you have to loose? It’s cheap insurance!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 01:32 PM

More important than a ventilator is an Oxygen Concentrator! Available online!

News Flash!

As we speak! Tonight at Midnight all Non-essential border crossings to and from Mexico are banned!
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzelle  
Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Mexico uses Chloroquine to treat Malaria and several other diseases currently. There are several lab studies and clinical trials that indicate that Chloroquine will both prevent and shorten the course of the Wuhan Virus! Speak with a local Doctor or Pharmacist to get their opinion! What do you have to loose? It’s cheap insurance!

omg!!. you just repeated the most unbelievably reckless nonsense the prez has said to date. There is NO knowledge of what the potential side effects of this drug, in combination with this virus are.
Potentially incredibly dangerous, and NEVER recommended without trials. And for Trump to stand up there and say he hopes / or has a hunch. h.o.l.y. phuk.

you cultists are scaaary
a wartime president? yea, try a hoartime president!! c'mon peeps
this guy is tragically incompetent

(when did the dk start moderating this website??)

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by bezzelle]

Funny I was just thinking that if quinine works like it did for the brits (back in the day) everyone should be drinking gin and tonics:light:.

[Edited on 3-21-2020 by chippy]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2020 at 12:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I got a pneumonia shot last year in Anchorage. I believe it is for a bacterial infection, and if that is correct, I don't think it will prevent "pneumonia like" symptoms from a virus.

The serious cases of coronavirus eventually lead to pneumonia so I think it's a good idea to have that shot. When I had Valley Fever they gave me shots for pneumonia even though it was a fungus. Unfortunately the situation had gotten past the lungs and into organs. I wouldn't have survived without anti fungal meds though. This whole coronavirus thing sounds so familiar. Would not want to go through this again. It took years to fully recover and many have recurrences throughout their lives. Stay safe and healthy.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2020 at 05:50 AM

On Monday, March 16, 2020, President Donald Trump took to the podium in the White House pressroom and began to make the case to the American people that the underlying operations of the country must change to stop the growth of the Wuhan coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, in the United States.

The President wants Americans to end discretionary travel; shelter in place for 15 days; limit gatherings to no more than 10 people; avoid eating at restaurants and bars; and avoid gyms and other recreational spots if the virus is spreading in that community.

For several weeks, Democrats and the media blasted the President. At the end of January, the President imposed a travel ban on China. The very media now blasting the President for not taking the matter seriously began to attack the President. According to experts at the time, the President’s ban on travel with China would make fighting the virus more difficult. In hindsight, the experts now agree it was the right decision.

The media continues to attack the President and his administration for daring to use the phrases “Chinese virus” and “Wuhan virus” to describe COVID-19, because they are supposedly racist. The Zika and West Nile viruses come from regions in Africa. No one claimed those were racist. But the communist Chinese are screaming and in full denial that the virus originated in Wuhan. The American media and progressive activists are helpfully defending the communist Chinese, just as they did when the National Basketball Association refused to take a stand for human rights in Hong Kong.

To really get the proper context for what is going on, however, we need to step back. On Jan. 19, 2020, a 35-year-old man with a four-day-old cough went to an urgent care clinic in Snohomish County, Washington. He had traveled back from Wuhan, China and was the first diagnosed COVID-19 patient in the United States.
Chinese health authorities who now insist the Wuhan virus did not come from China were actually quite helpful on Dec. 31, 2019, when they reported a pneumonia outbreak at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan. On Jan. 7, 2020, the Chinese confirmed there was person-to-person spread of a novel coronavirus in Wuhan.

Meanwhile, in the United States, the Democrats were impeaching the President. Though the President had just allowed the American military to take out Qassem Soleimani, the major general overseeing Iran’s terrorist operations, and then witnessed media screams that he had triggered World War III, Democrats and their press allies plowed ahead foolishly with impeachment.

It became an existential threat to and distraction for the President. All the President’s attention turned to impeachment. The press turned to silliness with aggressively hostile and partisan coverage of the President. The republic had arrived at partisan warfare with the press taking the Democrats’ side. In fairness, however, the press had been on the Democrats’ side since the election.

Into this, the press and Democrats began screaming about a man in Washington state who had come back from China. But, when the President took direct action in the middle of his impeachment trial to stop travel with China, the press and Democrats attacked him for that, too.

There are reasons to be critical of some of the President’s statements and tweets regarding the virus. In seeking to avoid a panic and in seeking to calm people, he did, arguably, go too far to dismiss concerns. But a fair-minded person does need to read the President’s actions through the process of a distracting impeachment with a partisan press and Democrats coming up with every imaginable excuse to savage him.

The American press, humorously, spent that entire period referring to COVID-19 as the “Wuhan virus” or “Wuhan coronavirus.” While calling it that, they attacked the President for doing too much to stop the virus. Now they call the President a racist for using their own words and attack him for doing too little.

One can hardly blame the President for treating the worry over the spread of the Wuhan virus as a partisan tool of the Democrats. The press and Democrats treated it that way, too.

To find out more about Erick Erickson and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate website at www.creators.com.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2020 at 06:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

One can hardly blame the President for treating the worry over the spread of the Wuhan virus as a partisan tool of the Democrats. The press and Democrats treated it that way, too.

To find out more about Erick Erickson and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate website at www.creators.com.

”We have it under control.”

”This is their new hoax.”

”The country’s in great shape. The market’s in great shape.”

”I don’t take responsibility at all.”

“I’d rate it a 10. I think we’ve done a great job.”

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2020 at 10:45 AM

The US went from 6th to 4th in cases overnight. Rapidly closing in on Italy who is rapidly closing in on China.

Harald Pietschmann

Bajazly, August 2019
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2020 at 11:59 AM

Dear “Budding Epidemiologist”,

Here’s the link to the studies on Chloroquine!

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/French-researche...

Sorry to burst your “The Wuhan Virus will rid us of the Orange Monster bubble”!

Additionally there are a number of other anti-virals that are being tested and showing good results. The thing about Chloroquine is it has a 70 year history, is cheap, is plentiful and works! Also you can buy it in Mexico!

I hate to get political here but it occurred to me that if the Orange Monster gives away all the freebies before the election to help the country, what will Biden run on raising everyone’s taxes to get it back? Just wondering!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2020 at 01:50 PM

Dear Budding E,

What’s gone over your head is the fact that there is no safety downside to taking Chloroquine as a prophylaxis as it tests both as a preventative and a cure! It has fewer side effects than a serious case of the flu or the Wuhan Virus. Especially if you live in Mexico where they have poor healthcare unless you pay for it!

I read the first lab test results weeks before this became a hot news topic! Feel free to not believe or do anything you think the Orange Monster says! It’s your life!

If you base that life on the things Brennan and Clapper say, you’re going to be disappointed or perhaps dead!

Jesus cured the Lepers not Newsom or Cuomo stacking Homeless Drug Users around all the public buildings like Cordwood is a recipe for a disaster of Biblical Proportions ( Plague, Typhoid, Hepatitis, Wuhan Virus) Nature is not kind to Fools and Murphy is God’s Appointed Enforcer! Don’t know who Murphy is google him!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2020 at 02:56 PM

Dear Budding E,

Believing in God is optional! Believing in Murphy is not! All things which can go wrong will go wrong, no matter how pure your intentions! That’s Murphy’s place in the universe! If you were in any sort of Engineering, you’d already know that!
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2020 at 04:29 PM

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/is-a-canadian-e...

Es Todo Bueno
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.