Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  8
Author: Subject: Coronavirus
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 03:53 PM

So...who do you test?
We all get in line and get tested, then what? go to the end of the line and get tested again and again because you may have contracted it in the interim?
So what if we could test everyone in the country? That's a point in time analysis.
Do you test those with a fever only? A sore throat? or maybe the sniffles (allergy season...great!).
And it is not killing the overwhelming number of infected! It is pretty much those with an underlying condition. So maybe this is only going to wipe out the old and infirm. Kids will rule the day and Sanders will get elected...if he survives. Poor Joe is going down.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 04:38 PM

alright this chit is starting to really pizz me off.......F1 racing cancelled, moto GP cancelled, now Seattle SX cancelled! what next, SF250!
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 05:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
alright this chit is starting to really pizz me off.......F1 racing cancelled, moto GP cancelled, now Seattle SX cancelled! what next, SF250!

Imagine if it were baseball or football season! guess they'd play in empty stadiums?
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 05:15 PM

If I can't get F1 and Moto GP I don't need cable tv. May as well go back to Baja
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 05:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Harald, what are you seeing in La Paz in the way of community concern? I see little to none here in SF and Mexicali.

folks here are clueless
they sneeze in any direction they feel like
I am skipping lunch now that I saw that in the kitchen of a favorite place

if the virus should hit here (and there is no reason why it shouldn't) the system will collapse

Harald Pietschmann
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 05:28 PM

My 'little town of 6,000' just notified that a high school student fresh back from Italy is now with his family on voluntary quarantine.

There are local and State gov'ts doing things pro-actively; then there's IMPOTUS, and CULT 45*.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 06:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

Harald, what are you seeing in La Paz in the way of community concern? I see little to none here in SF and Mexicali.

folks here are clueless
they sneeze in any direction they feel like
I am skipping lunch now that I saw that in the kitchen of a favorite place

if the virus should hit here (and there is no reason why it shouldn't) the system will collapse

I don't watch TV here so not sure how they are getting the word out if in fact they are even making an effort. I've wondered what the real numbers are here and if they would even know what they were looking at if they were confronted with cases. Can't see a bunch of tests being made and distributed.

Given the low death numbers in some places, not rate but physical numbers outside of China, I think it's going to have to get pretty bad down here before something is done. It will be hot here soon so let's hope there is something to the heat having a positive effect on the virus.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 06:14 PM

Lectron-Carbs-Coronavirus-COVID-19-prevention-tactics3.jpg - 76kB
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
BobbyC
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 07:09 PM

The NBA just suspended their season as well. Doesn't look like a hoax now, does it?
chumlee57
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 08:55 PM

WOW, I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT BAJA PEOPLE HAD A PRETTY GOOD GRASP OF INTELLIGENT COMPREHENSION. Sorry to inform the many good people that frequent this board, that the juries out on this, even if you get it, you'll probably be fine ( we'll have a very public review of this virus, as two of Hollywoods finest have contracted it in Australia ) Always be cautious and err on the side of caution, but keep things real... if i'm wrong on this I will stand front and center and broadcast ( if I'm alive ) that being anxious, crazy nervous and recreating Mel Brooks 'High Anxiety' was a great move
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 11:29 PM

Tom Hanks??!!??

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-11-2020 at 11:37 PM

March Madness to be played without fans. Incredible!!!!

From the US State Department:

"The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19. Many areas throughout the world are now experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and taking action that may limit traveler mobility, including quarantines and border restrictions,"

Oh yeah, and official internal discussions within the Trump Administration about corona virus are now CLASSIFIED INFORMATION!

Can you believe this?

[Edited on 3-12-2020 by Hook]
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 03:35 AM

All I can say is that THERE IS MORE TO THIS than what they are telling us..
The the shutting downs of events and the 30 day ban on Europe travel ban isn't any small thing ! This is HUGE !

Prepare people NOW !

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 06:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Administration about corona virus are now CLASSIFIED INFORMATION!

Can you believe this?

Oh, nothing is unbelievable with trumpsters. :(

They are idiots to classify the discussions about public health policy. The political PR spin machine of trump is out of control.

Listen to your state and local experts.

The administration cannot be trusted, the administration is lieing about life and death matters to protect their tenuous grasp of power.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 07:42 AM

EVERY country has a motivation to conceal the real numbers. Facts and truth are the first casualties of outbreaks. IQ45 thinks the numbers are equivalent to reality TV ratings.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 08:40 AM

"There will always be a thin veneer between our society and chaos." T. Hobbs

We are all individuals, but the security blanket of the social contract we each made is now being disrupted.
Our capitalistic/democratic society depends on leadership to stay intact.
Not complicated stuff, philosophy 101 & history 101
Your own personal opportunity to be a leader is near.....

Es Todo Bueno
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 09:33 AM

I'm not sure how this "classified information" ban is going down. I am watching a live feed on You tube of a House Oversight committee hearing.

It involves National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr Anthony Fauci and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield, along with other HHS, DOD and GAO officials testify again before the House oversight and government reform committee.

At least a nuts and bolts hearing like this is not being affected by this "classified" status.

Unfortunately, the persons questioning these individuals are highly politicizing the hearing. Big surprise, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO-_aV-v7IA
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 09:51 AM

I've wondered what the real numbers are here and if they would even know what they were looking at if they were confronted with cases. Can't see a bunch of tests being made and distributed.

here is a way to look at it:
lets say the official numbers are (hypothetically) 120 infected - 1 death
the numbers are likely wrong (not intentionally - just what is known)

from infection to death it is on average 18 days
death rate is around 1%

so, if you have one death it means that there must have been 100 infections 18 days before
infection rate doubles every 6 days at the moment
so, by the time you have one official death, the group of 100 infections has ballooned to to 800

meaning the real number vs the published number is "800 infected - 1 death" vs "120 infected - 1 death"
meaning also that 680 are either without symptoms (but infecting others nonetheless) or undetected (diagnosed with the flu and also infecting others)

the main job therefore right now is to slow down the number of new infections
that can only be achieved by social isolation
closing selected areas - even countries
no more travel
no more gathering with many others
no hugging
no hand shakes
especially isolate the elderly - they are especially vulnerable (children are not)

everyone claiming all this to be hysteria, and thus maintaing their previous social pattern (hugging, kissing, partying), might be spreading death to people around them
remember that stubborn lady in South Korea? Insisting to go to church even with a possible infection? She is known to have infected thousands and killed a good number of fellow citizens.

Harald Pietschmann
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 10:03 AM

so Mexico specific - 12 known cases, one near death

lets assume that poor fellow dies tomorrow
that would mean the true number of infections in Mexico is not 12 but 800

it does not look good

wash your hands anyway - 30 seconds minimum
images below show why (bacteria and virusses made visible with special light)
any soap works

hand hygene 30 seconds.jpg - 63kB

Harald Pietschmann
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2020 at 10:13 AM

Hearing adjourned at 10am MST.

About the only thing of significance I heard was one committee member basically forcing the head of the CDC to agree to allow ANY American, regardless of whether they have insurance or not, to get a FREE corona virus test. She was insistent that by virtue of some Federal law, he had the authority to authorize this. He seemed to agree to do it. Let's see if there is any walking back from this.

After the adjournment, the chairwoman of this committe greeted one of the testifying doctors with an elbow bump.

Man, I guess we all need to take this a little more seriously...... :o
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.