Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Prairie update
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 04:11 PM
Prairie update

Things change quickly. Kansas now has (last count) eight cases one death. Mostly clustered around a campus in Topeka. More in Nebraska as well No stats. Note from my son, long haul trucker who is coming off the road Monday with many other drivers. When/if that supply link shuts down the chit will fly. MANY big stores have no stock as is...Things,even here are shutting down. Aint funny no more.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 04:28 PM

Dang! He doesn`t drive a beer truck, does he? Or an Amazon van (my TP delivery is due tomorrow) ?

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 04:39 PM

The one confirmed case in Alaska is now reported to be a foreign pilot for an un-named cargo carrier. He stayed an Anchorage hotel while the plane and crew departed!

Out of 143 people tested, he is the only positive result, and is in isolation at the hospital.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 04:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Out of 143 people tested, he is the only positive result,

Wow, that is encouraging. Why were all those people tested?

The article did not say if the testing was in connection with people who had contact with the pilot, or if it included other people with symptoms, but no connection. It appears that the crew that flew in with him were not tested before they continued their route.

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 06:58 PM

There is zero chance the truckers stop driving... ZERO.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 07:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
There is zero chance the truckers stop driving... ZERO.

Yep!

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 08:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  

Yep!

There would be a million ppl willing to step up and take their jobs in a heart beat.

Tell your son to stop being a pusy Op.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 08:30 PM
Ski areas too?

Two days ago my regular ski area, (Sugar Bowl at Donner Summit) sent me a notice that I could buy a season pass for next year and use it for the rest of this season.

Today they sent a notice that they will be closed due to corona virus concerns until further notice!

As I write this, we are getting the first good powder dump since December, and they are going to turn away their best customers who have stuck by them during a meager snowpack this year?

They are not the only resort in the area to do this, there are several others closing down as well.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 08:40 PM

Panic is occurring because trump puts his foot in his mouth every time he talks about virus, and he put that weirdo pence in charge instead of someone normal and competent.

The economy is coming to a halt.

I am figuring that the productivity right now is 50% of normal. Each week of economic disruption is a 1 percent hit to the GDP. I see my locals schools and businesses starting a 5 week hiatus. That alone is 5% off the GDP by my estimates, not counting the prior 1.5 months of trade disruption.
The recession is here.

This disease and economic impact disruptionlinger into 2021 or longer. Trump is toast, he won’t be re-elected with recession going on...
Always look on the bright side of life :bounce: every cloud has a silver lining :bounce:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 08:49 PM

Two days ago my regular ski area, (Sugar Bowl at Donner Summit) sent me a notice that I could buy a season pass for next year and use it for the rest of this season.

Today they sent a notice that they will be closed due to corona virus concerns until further notice!

As I write this, we are getting the first good powder dump since December, and they are going to turn away their best customers who have stuck by them during a meager snowpack this year?

They are not the only resort in the area to do this, there are several others closing down as well.

Kids' school is shut down. I've been watching the weather and a major dump is coming. I texted my oldest about 5pm today to see if he wanted to drive up to Mammoth on Tuesday. He texted me back 30 mins later saying they had suspended operations.

WTF. I'm still going to drive up to the village and let the dog play in the snow.

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 08:53 PM

I have said this before - life as we knew it has ended

Corona is not just visiting for a couple of months - it is here to stay.

Harald Pietschmann
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 09:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
I have said this before - life as we knew it has ended

Corona is not just visiting for a couple of months - it is here to stay.

Are you talking about the virus, or the beer?

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2020 at 09:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  

Yep!

There would be a million ppl willing to step up and take their jobs in a heart beat.

Tell your son to stop being a pusy Op.

The truckers are not pulling off the road because they want to. The trucking company’s have a serious lack of freight to haul now and they won’t run their trucks cross country empty. My company was scheduled to ship a high dollar load with our regular major truck hauler to the east coast next week and we were told they would keep in touch and schedule when they had a load. They can’t afford to run empty and the drivers need to make a living and drive.Some trucks that have enough regular freight to haul will go until that drys up.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 02:59 AM

JZ is a loudmouth pussy who knows nothing about much. Afraid to go anywhere in Baja without guards, asks help questions about the basics "How do I wipe my ass". Useless.....Believe nothing he says....His mouth is bigger than his ego....
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 05:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Panic is occurring because trump puts his foot in his mouth every time he talks about virus, and he put that weirdo pence in charge instead of someone normal and competent.

The economy is coming to a halt.

I am figuring that the productivity right now is 50% of normal. Each week of economic disruption is a 1 percent hit to the GDP. I see my locals schools and businesses starting a 5 week hiatus. That alone is 5% off the GDP by my estimates, not counting the prior 1.5 months of trade disruption.
The recession is here.

This disease and economic impact disruptionlinger into 2021 or longer. Trump is toast, he won’t be re-elected with recession going on...
Always look on the bright side of life :bounce: every cloud has a silver lining :bounce:

Definition of Chicken Little: one who warns of or predicts calamity especially without justification.

Definition of Goat: And thus it becomes justification
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 05:20 AM

Kids' school is shut down. I've been watching the weather and a major dump is coming. I texted my oldest about 5pm today to see if he wanted to drive up to Mammoth on Tuesday. He texted me back 30 mins later saying they had suspended operations.

WTF. I'm still going to drive up to the village and let the dog play in the snow.

Get out of the 'created for my pleasure' mentality and follow your dog into the woods with your ski's. They call it cross country. People have been doing it for ages not needing and invitation or a ticket.

If you run out of toilet paper while out there JZ, rip the lining of you pants pocket out and use both sides...and please carry it out with you. :lol:
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 08:57 AM

JZ, put a harness on that big dog and have him pull you, You will both have a good time! A working dog is a happy dog.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 11:20 AM

King Soopers distribution centers are not accepting loads with product originating overseas. Drivers are headed home. If it cant be delivered,why truck it? Applebees in North Platte Ne.confirmed case of an employee..Closed Make some more jokes, buttcracks..
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 11:27 AM

Ah the generous serving of kumbaya one comes to expect on the peace,love and fish taco site.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 11:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
King Soopers distribution centers are not accepting loads with product originating overseas

Overseas shipping ground to a halt several week ago. Is overseas stuff still being shipped anywhere in USA? I figure the inventory of foreign goods is about exhausted...

Walmart sells only made in China stuff (is Walmart family Chinese? :lol:). Once the shelves are empty, will be long time before they get restock from China :o

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.