Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Corona virus? How are you dealing with it? San Ignacio
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 05:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

Both statements, a failure of self;

I look around me and I see a lot of people who spend their money on expensive stylish razor haircuts, six color tattoos, wireless earbuds, ipads, the smartest phones, idolized shoes, frequent out take foods, and a whole lot of other luxuries.

And some of them as adults cry for their parents, or elected leaders to provide care for their health, shelter, and transportation.

OR they have a handful of kids with the first arriving before they were adults.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lefty who figured out a governmental guaranteed months vacation in Cancun for everyone is a sure winner!

Wow, talk about passing judgment over others. What does any of that have to do with their humanity? No love for fellow man? You have no idea what is in these peoples hearts, nor their souls. Do you? Or, just your blind prejudices. What does hair color, skin color, or tattoos have to do with anything? It sounds like you detest anyone not exactly like you.

Take out foods? What is your problem with take out food? Biased against pizza? Chinese food?

BTW, how old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." Matthew 7:1-3 You're the self proclaimed Bible expert, perhaps you missed these verses and their meaning?

Perhaps the "failure of self" is yours? Seems quite a prideful statement, we know what the Bible says about pride as well. It's a sin, right?

John

P.S. I'm still looking for your answer to my questions about "jumping on stocks" for your financial wisdom. I guess it was just "smoke" after all. Perhaps a better forum name for you is "Molotov c-cktail" as you seem to toss out provocative statements and then run from them.

[Edited on 3-18-2020 by John Harper]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 06:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

I look around me and I see a lot of people who spend their money on expensive stylish razor haircuts, six color tattoos, wireless earbuds, ipads, the smartest phones, idolized shoes, frequent out take foods, and a whole lot of other luxuries.

And some of them as adults cry for their parents, or elected leaders to provide care for their health, shelter, and transportation.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lefty who figured out a governmental guaranteed months vacation in Cancun for everyone is a sure winner!

Wow, talk about passing judgment over others. What does any of that have to do with their humanity? No love for fellow man? You have no idea what is in these peoples hearts, nor their souls. Do you? Or, just your blind prejudices. What does hair color, skin color, or tattoos have to do with anything? It sounds like you detest anyone not exactly like you.

Take out foods? What is your problem with take out food? Biased against pizza? Chinese food?

BTW, how old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." Matthew 7:1-3 You're the self proclaimed Bible expert, perhaps you missed these verses and their meaning?

Perhaps the "failure of self" is yours? Seems quite a prideful statement, we know what the Bible says about pride as well. It's a sin, right?

John

P.S. I'm still looking for your answer to my questions about "jumping on stocks" for your financial wisdom. I guess it was just "smoke" after all. Perhaps a better forum name for you is "Molotov c-cktail" as you seem to toss out provocative statements and then run from them.

[Edited on 3-18-2020 by John Harper]

First let's review your last statement...sorry John, I missed your questions about stocks and taking advantage of buying in a down time. Not running from anything, just haven't found the time to meet your sensitivity.

Now onward.... The wealth in this country, even for the most 'needy' is readily obtainable. It's a testament to the strength of this nation and the opportunities available as in no other place or time. Yet, with that, there is a largess that entices SOME into complacency with the attraction of ease. ONE result is that when the 'ease' is strained, failure occurs.

I never said anything about hair color (you did), skin color (you did), and I did about tattoos; razor cut ($25+), tattoos ($100 + much more for color), Take out food for one ($10+), Cell phone, ipads, idolized shoes, all of these are obtainable for much less! or outweighed by the need to provide for ones self the BASICS of shelter, clothing, etc.

Your accusation of bias against pizza and Chinese food is infantile. It's called economics John. Soup lines were worthy of the time invested standing there, for those who needed it at one time. We don't need to deliver sushi take out to those living in tents in our local children's playgrounds...that's not an act of love, that's foolishness. But you appeal for that.

I submit to the idea that there are those the community should assist; Elderly, infirm, children, among them. But the luxuries that wealth brings should be striven for, not expected and surely not demanded.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 06:53 AM

"BTW, how old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?"

Not wanting to cause you offense in your expectation of being responded to John...

Life expectancy dictated early motherhood, as well as concerns of inheritance of wealth were primary concerns in the Mesopotamian times, certainly in the Levant where your question was born.

Not only was a child seen as another hand to take care of and perhaps increase wealth (livestock, crops, etc.). A male child guaranteed the mothers access to that accumulated wealth after her husbands passing. Those are just facts John...although you may accuse them of not adhering to today's standards.

Today, children outside of the joy they may bring by just existing...are a financial drain and there is a need to be able to provide for their well being. They neither provide, nor guarantee the financial security of the family, until they provide for themselves and perhaps contribute with that ability. Although they are able to inherit wealth they mostly had nothing to do with the accumulation of.

Contrasting the two as above; Mary's age at the birth of Jesus has no comparative value to the state of child rearing today, among those who are financially unable to provide for the children they birth, let alone themselves. Their CHOICES to do so are a failure of self. There use to be a stigma that followed those choices, yet such as you applaud them it seems.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 07:16 AM

Wow, talk about having a "holier than thou" attitude toward others.

John
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2020 at 07:49 AM

C'mon John...it sounds like you aren't one to run from learning new factual information. I only offer the evidence of contrast to a statement you made. You get upset at JJJ aka virus for calling you out...what is calling me 'holier than thou' as a response to stating that we all should hold some responsibilities for our decisions and take on the stress of making those...now it seems you don't address a statement when it's you who demands others do.
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 02:56 PM

Lanced and oozing like a good pimple
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 03:29 AM

BACK TO THE THREAD THEME

We have run out of TP here in La Bocana 3/19! Can you believe it? They are bringing some in from Vizcaino today, 3/20.

Not an issue for us since we have to have stock on hand for the bnb, but really? La Bocana out of toilet paper?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 05:33 AM

C'mon John...it sounds like you aren't one to run from learning new factual information.

No, when I see some facts, and not just opinion, I'm happy to learn.

Wealth is easily available. Your opinion. Have you seen wealth inequality stats for the US? Grim. How does coronavirus affect building wealth? Isn't that kind of out of anyone's control with as yet unknown long term consequences? How many will have credit ratings destroyed over the next few months? How many foreclosures? Many minorities (and whites) are saddled with felony convictions for petty drug offenses. How easy is it for ex-felons to build wealth in America? Not a lot of forgiveness in the job market.

Haircuts, tattoos, take out food are frivolous for poor people. Your opinion. Do you have the same rules for wealthy people? What about fur coats, Cuban cigars, diamond jewelry, Rolex watches, and country club memberships? Are they life's necessities? How many middle class people are over leveraged, with actual net worth a negative?

Too many people are freeloaders. Your opinion. No facts I've seen support this, just right wing demonizing of the poor. Would you rather have 1000 poor people cheat you out of $1000 each, or have one rich guy cheat on taxes to the tune of $10 million? Who's the freeloader? Why do SS taxes cut off at $132,000 making it a completely regressive tax on the lower/middle classes as percent of income? We all have the same risk of death, 100%. In temporal terms, of course.

Children should only come under "your" defined conditions. Another opinion. Perhaps if some major religions moved forward in time and supported responsible contraception, as you seem to have with the comparative age of childbirth 2000 years ago, we might not have an irresponsible birth problem. And less abortions too. Plus, less global population. With more chance to save DavidK's beloved palm tree. That's what I call a real Win-win-win-win!

John

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by John Harper]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 08:28 AM

Back on topic, it's interesting there are no test, no treatments, and no one to assist people who are sick with extreme fever, difficulty breathing, sever dry cough.

It doesn't help much to go a doctor in Baja since they can't do anything to help, they don't have. test, and even if they diagnose you there is no medicine to help a virus. So...

1. Drink home made soups and fresh juice often, 3 times a day
2. Take a hot shower often, 3 times a day
3. Stay warm, wear socks, cover up, do not expose yourself to cold nor drink anything cold
4. Take your temperature to track your progress, it seems to take about 7 days for the worst part of it, early on high temperatures 102, 103, 104 and difficultly breathing
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 08:43 AM

In a couple days we will be driving El Camino del Diablo in southern Arizona -- the thought being we should be COVID19-free in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. At least that's the theory.

Weather is supposed to be good, and DesertUSA says we should see some decent spring wildflowers.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 09:34 AM
Socially be Like Me !

About 30 years ago in Baja, a (relatively) new next-door neighbor came up to me and introduced himself saying "I heard that you were the most antisocial S.O.B. in camp". A comment that I considered possible although I noted that there were a few of us. All of those others did show up (for the food and booze) at the frequent parties which I usually avoided, so I may have been numero uno.

Avoidance (to the extent possible) of the gathered masses has been pretty much a lifelong pursuit since schooldays. Becoming more so as I've entered old age. Living in YV in the same location for (now) 42 years, I've had neighbors move in, reside for years and never known their names.

SO ................... Social distancing comes easily.

Assuming that the campground where my travel trailer is located is still open, I'm planning on making the 98-mile RT Hoy to check out the situation after this last storm. AND, feed the critters, of course. IF this trip works out the same as my last two, I will not have interacted with a single soul during the entire trip. I've even forsaken stopping at KFC out of distrust.

Be Like ME.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
In a couple days we will be driving El Camino del Diablo in southern Arizona -- the thought being we should be COVID19-free in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. At least that's the theory.

Weather is supposed to be good, and DesertUSA says we should see some decent spring wildflowers.

Newsome has commanded Californians to "stay at home" so watch out for state police clamping down!!! :O:rolleyes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 10:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Newsome has commanded Californians to "stay at home" so watch out for state police clamping down!!! :O:rolleyes:

I think's it's called the California Highway Patrol. Unless you're out there committing moving violations, you should be safe. OTOH, the California National Guard could be more intrusive.

John
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 10:40 AM

Yesterday, Food for Less had restocked everything except rice and egss. It was kind of shocking to see the store manager running the cash register, no gloves, no mask, handling thousands of items that had been touched by hundreds of people. Talk about asking for trouble. I put on latex gloves, took them off when I got in my vehicle, wiped everything down with 409 (this has an approved disinfectant in it).

Getting bored staying home watching the stock market gyrations. If this thing blows over before the economy enters a full blown recession / depression it is going to be the greatest rally ever. Trillions in cash on the sideline and interest rates at zero. Timing the bottom is the tricky part. Timing bottoms is my specialty, have not had much opportunity to practice the last decade of this long bull market.

I have noticed the absence of noise from airline jet traffic where I am, ten miles from the San Diego airport. Nice. One of the things I like best about Baja is getting off the grid and away from the lights and noise of the city. Was staying at La Bufadora a few months ago and the power went out, so refreshing, like the old days. I guess if you live there it is nice to have power and satellite TV and all that but I miss the peace and quit when I visit friends there now.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 12:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

If they stop you, open the window and start coughing. :P

brillant!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 12:57 PM

Paco

I just looked up the Los Lobos benefit concert, since I did not know about it. I sure hope they can come up with an alternative so that it can go on without a live audience....it is to help the homeless, help boys and girls clubs. Beautiful and they have done this for over 17 years.

As we watch more TV, as we hear about how devastated Italy is, where one of my best friends and many ex-students live, the Fear is Real.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 05:16 PM
A-OK on the Highway Today

Westbound this a.m. on I-10 for my short trip in average or less traffic, I figured that the CHP would have enough to keep them busy with the numerous eastbound RVs and Toy-Haulers who (apparently) took Newsom's "order" as only a bad suggestion.

Heading back home mid-afternoon and encountering one "Mother" of an eastbound traffic jam in Banning, there was a period of " W-T-F ? ", but it turned out to be just another CalTrans induced mess clearing at Cabazon. Which was the only place I saw a CHP unit the entire trip.

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 05:52 PM

[/rquote]

I'm surprised there hasn't been a lefty who figured out a governmental guaranteed months vacation in Cancun for everyone is a sure winner![/rquote]

Oh thank goodness no right wing evangelicals will be asking for a handout. no trump hotels asking for a handout, no multibilliuon dollar companies asking for a handout. The rich will get richer, they are first in line at the trough. leftovers and spillage for the common folk.

Get over it Para, left is not all evil , right isn't all good - except for your serial philandering lying tax cheating hero - he of course is all good -
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 05:54 PM

Well said caj
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 07:04 PM

We are hunkering down here in Oside. I have to work in LA per Homeland Security memo I received today. Fuel supply must be important. I will wear my PPE.

Just found out Starbucks is still open so I guess things aren't THAT bad here - YET.

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.