Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege
wandamott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 12:00 PM
Mulege

Just wanted to say how much my wife and I miss Mulege and the people there. We spent 6 months every winter in the Oasis Rio Mulege Park from 1991 for 23 years. Still correspond with a few old friends from time to time, but there is nothing like actually being there. Hope that anyone that is there now really likes it too. One last note,,,,So very sad to hear of Leon Nolet passing.

wrmott
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 03:21 PM

Very kind thots and words, Amigo. Mulege is loved by many. It seems there is a Renassance of sorts happening these days. The locals deserve to benefit from Baja's popularity. Arriba Heroica Mulege!
Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 07:49 PM

I have owned an underwater home here for 7 years. I love our home and Mulege.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 3-15-2020 at 09:51 PM

I was not aware of Leon's passing. I met him in 1975 when he was building the Oasis and enjoyed chatting with him over the years. Always thought he was a very good man.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 07:48 PM

Hi W. and A.
W. with the white hat when walking around the Oasis! And A. always at his side. Making long walks these two. Living @ across the office when in the Oasis. Rented that house from Tussy.
Yep and we went with you guys - sometimes. We had contact some years ago. Last time we met, you guys came with a little blue car to visit us!! About 4 or 5 years ago. But we lost your email as we got a new computer.
Leon has passed??? Damn, the jungle drums are faster travelling to CDN as around here in Mulege. Well, no wonder. Corona makes ist possible. Traffic only by internet. We have no Corona case in Mulege yet. (well, one examption: We do have the Corona Virus!! WE DO NOT DRINK TECATE - ONLY CORONA EXTRA. And Mulege is open as usual. Everything else posted in the Internet is BS. We just drove to Ayleth and Pinguino this morning to do our groceries - not a problem. Some stores have shut down. But in general life goes on in Mulege. Busines as usual.:bounce:

[Edited on 4-12-2020 by JC43]
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 04:57 AM

nope NOT BUSINESS AS USUAL

most stores that are NOT essential are closed

there is a "stay at home order" until April 30

one person in the family should go out as required

ALL beaches are closed until April 30

Eating places are supposed to be take out ONLY

BARS are closed

[Edited on 4-11-2020 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 05:21 AM

Beautiful post about a beautiful place. We used to visit Tony Hardwick (RIP) at the Oasis. He so loved his gorgeous home.

Too hot for me in the summer, so we have opted for the Pacific side (La Bocana).

What I like about Mulege is that the locals have really created a community - arts, food and taking care of animals come to mind.

23 years is indeed a long time! Maybe you can post some photos of back in the day?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 08:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Beautiful post about a beautiful place. We used to visit Tony Hardwick (RIP) at the Oasis. He so loved his gorgeous home.

Too hot for me in the summer, so we have opted for the Pacific side (La Bocana).

What I like about Mulege is that the locals have really created a community - arts, food and taking care of animals come to mind.

23 years is indeed a long time! Maybe you can post some photos of back in the day?

The best photos and accounts of life in Baja on this forum by far, of back in the day, were posted by Pompano (Roger Pramhus) who spent forty years there during the golden years of Baja. He was an excellent writer as well as photographer and posted many story’s and pictures for years. One lengthy post covered much of that time and was almost a book complete with photos and was much enjoyed by all and was pulled up on the forum quite frequently. Unfortunately the pictures were all swallowed up by the photo storing site (photo bucket ?)when they decided to pull the plug on free storage and many people lost their photos. Last time I looked the post was missing most of the photos. Myself and many others were hoping Roger would come out with a book detailing his extensive knowledge and experiences time in Baja around Conception bay. Maybe we will yet see that happen. I understand he spends his time as he always said “up north” and hope he is enjoying himself.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 08:30 AM

I remember Tony. Stopped by to visit a while back but he was not home. Learned later he passed.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  

I remember Tony. Stopped by to visit a while back but he was not home. Learned later he passed.

Are you talking about Nomad "toneart"? If so, I never met him, but we did exchange U2U messages a few times.

He lived here in Grass Valley while Anchorage was still my primary residence. We intended to meet up when we were both in G.V. at the same time, or in Mulege.

It never happened because he went from discovering he had lymphoma, to gone, in what I thought was a pretty short time!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 09:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by Marc  

Are you talking about Nomad "toneart"? If so, I never met him, but we did exchange U2U messages a few times.

He lived here in Grass Valley while Anchorage was still my primary residence. We intended to meet up when we were both in G.V. at the same time, or in Mulege.

It never happened because he went from discovering he had lymphoma, to gone, in what I thought was a pretty short time!

That's him.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 07:21 PM

[/rquote]
It never happened because he went from discovering he had lymphoma, to gone, in what I thought was a pretty short time![/rquote]

"toneart" was one of the finest man one could ever meet. Always polite. Never rude. Best manners you might imagine. He was certainly a gain for this board! So many good guys we met in former days have left Mulege.
Unfortunately, that`s life. About `stay at home order`: Not so like it was posted here. We went to Ayleth, to Pinguino. Well, the order is posted on a little tiny sheet of paper outside the store,(only @ Ayleth, not so @ Pinguino) but nobody cares. As long as the store is not overcrowded.
Somethinmg is true: Semana Santa creates low traffic on the highway. But inside the community? No problem at all. We recently returned from CSL and had no problem coming into Mulege. The Oasis is more or less crowded. Many folks/home owners are there. But nearly every home is for sale. Some building activities.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 07:38 PM

I communicated with toneart while he was fighting cancer. He always seemed so positive and upbeat that I got the impression it was going to be a piece of cake, a slam dunk. Then I find out he passed away. It was all surprising and unbelievable. In retrospect I wished I could have helped. He did tell me that he was seeing the finest doctors at UCSF.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 07:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

The best photos and accounts of life in Baja on this forum by far, of back in the day, were posted by Pompano (Roger Pramhus) who spent forty years there during the golden years of Baja. He was an excellent writer as well as photographer and posted many story’s and pictures for years. One lengthy post covered much of that time and was almost a book complete with photos and was much enjoyed by all and was pulled up on the forum quite frequently. Unfortunately the pictures were all swallowed up by the photo storing site (photo bucket ?)when they decided to pull the plug on free storage and many people lost their photos. Last time I looked the post was missing most of the photos. Myself and many others were hoping Roger would come out with a book detailing his extensive knowledge and experiences time in Baja around Conception bay. Maybe we will yet see that happen. I understand he spends his time as he always said “up north” and hope he is enjoying himself.
Yes!! Loved Roger's "Mulege Mirror" especially his creative, witty commentary that accompanied each photo. Sure miss his input here!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.