BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: TV/netflix series suggestions?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 04:28 AM
TV/netflix series suggestions?

Since we are all spending so much time indoors, now is a good time to catch up on series, especially as a family.

Les and I have a couple suggestions.

If you speak Spanish, I watched LUIS MIGUEL (he is a famous Mexican singer). Perhaps it is available with subtitles? Mindboggling true story. He is still alive which makes it all the more bizarre.

If you haven't seen Downton Abbey, it was quite a long series. Dramatic, romantic and a bit historical. Because it took place in England, we loved it.

When Les was younger, he watched a British series called Poldark which has been redone. It is what we are currently watching on BBC.

Most Americans I think, are not familiar with the Graham Norton Show. He is an Irish presenter who interviews celebrities. His questions to them are sometimes irreverent and obviously, not all shows are great but when they ARE great, they are very funny and fun. Tom Cruise clip below to give you a taste. Matt Damon laughed so much the first time he was on and at the end he commented "This is the most fun I have ever had on a talk show". The show has won numerous awards and has been on for more than 26 seasons. The end of the show always has music, someone up and coming. There is a famous red chair where ordinary folks tell a story - can be fun or quite dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8HnKN8HS48

Please give suggestions! Since we live in Baja full time, we don't always know what is new and entertaining in the U.S.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 07:06 AM

Graham Norton show is a hoot. Always good for some laughs and surprises. He showcases music acts that you would never see on US TV and that's always fun.Other BBC worth watching is Planet Earth / Blue Planet series and Oceans. Our good friend was involved with all the Blue Whale parts that were filmed in the Sea of Cortez. Any of the nature shows on BBC are worth the time. I don't get to watch much TV (although that could change) but a show my wife enjoys, and I do when I see it, is Midsomer Murders. Doc Martin is another quirky show.

Be safe!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 07:24 AM

On Amazon TV, we are watching 'Suits'. It is the series about a Manhattan law firm. It is quite funny and good characters. This is the series with Megan Markle, before she married Prince Harry. We are on Season 8 of 9.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 07:33 AM

I enjoyed a 2015 movie, "Remember." Quite suspenseful with a big twist at the end.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

bent-rim
Nomad

Mood: Living la vida mota

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 07:35 AM

Peaky Blinders
It's Goodfellas set in England post WWI with gypsies. Watch with the subtitles.
BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 07:36 AM

Three of our favorite Netfix shows that make you go WTF.

The OA
The Returned
Ozark

All 3 are series with multiple seasons so they are great time wasters

Andy
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 07:51 AM

I really liked The Stranger, Grace & Frankie, Mind Hunter (fabulous) The Crown, Stranger Things, Dave Chapelle Sticks and Stones (hilarious), Don't flock with Cats (different but really entertaining), Schitt' Creek is pretty funny, and OMG, watch Dead to Me if you haven't already.

[Edited on 3-19-2020 by BajaMama]
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 07:56 AM

Ha ha - apparently I can't type using asterisks the correct name of the cats show - so in the title, if you want to watch it is F asterisk asterisk K is the correct spelling to look it up. It is a group of internet nerds who get peeed about a guy who posted a kill the kitty video. It is a TRUE story and very interesting. My twenty something kids told me about it.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 08:14 AM

OMGosh

Thank you all! What a great list.

EDIT TO ADD: I just saw the 2 minute trailer for DON'T **** WITH CATS and I am hooked already.

[Edited on 3-19-2020 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 08:15 AM

If you liked Narcos/Ozark, I highly recommend Zero Zero Zero on Amazon Prime.

Also just started watching Gentrified on Netflix...so far so good.

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 08:20 AM

I'm not into series much, movie guy, that said "Warehoused" is outstanding ! Also "Her" was quite thought provoking..

"Super Lopez" was funny. "4L" was quite good.
( yes 4"4L" is the title of a movie) Don't miss "Toc Toc"

"Captain Fantastic" was great also (but off Netflix at this time)

These are all on Netflix

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 08:23 AM

I presume most know of or watched Breaking Bad and then Better Call Saul. Fun stuff!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 08:38 AM

I really liked Godless, Narcos and Narcos Mexico,Vikings,Ozark and Stranger Things. You can do some major binge watching with those:biggrin:.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 09:13 AM

The Umbrella Academy (Netflix) was well received last year and they filmed Season 2. My nephew plays the character Number 5 (Aiden Gallagher).

Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 10:22 AM

My wife is crazy about The Great British Baking Show which is on a cable channel and Netflix (I think). Says it is much more than baking and very entertaining.
I looked in at an episode and only the Brits can make so much fun out of a baking competition.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 10:29 AM

There are 5 complete episodes of Columbo on YouTube!!!

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 10:31 AM

Mocha Joe and Latte Larry!:lol:
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 10:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
Mocha Joe and Latte Larry!:lol:

Please - Curb Your Enthusiasm
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 11:27 AM

I've been watching "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" on Netflix. A great comedian interviews other comedians during a time when it's hard to buy a laugh.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 11:30 AM

Netflix- Locked up. Highly recommend this womens prison movie. Phenomenal character casting.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.