BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Soon the State Dept. will announce that NO US citizen can leave the USA
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 12:44 PM
Soon the State Dept. will announce that NO US citizen can leave the USA

BREAKING NEWS
The death toll in Italy soared to 3,405, surpassing China’s total as Europe and the rest of the world braced for a surge of new cases.
Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:09 PM EST
Other developments today:

The State Department is planning to tell all Americans abroad to either come home soon or prepare to shelter in place, and to tell the ones already in the United States to avoid international travel of any kind.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 12:52 PM
Whatever it is .................

............. Fake News it isn't.

DCDT (responding to a Q this a.m.) said that he was about to meet with the Foggy Bottom Bozos (my characterization) to discuss the matter.

Word just out (1240 hr.) from Rupert land is ................ "GET HOME NOW" or "shelter in place" to an unknown date.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 01:17 PM

Yep, even the hippy libtard NYT is reporting it. And yes, I'm a hippy libtard as well!

Stock up on Tecate my Baja friends, because you can't come home! Just kidding. Wishing all of you well.

Jon

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 02:20 PM

Does anyone know if this latest warning applies only to airline travel, or both airline and by vehicle?

Does it mean if you try to come through the US border from Mexico that they will not permit you to enter the US?
I cannot seem to find a clear answer on the State Dept website.
Thanks to anyone who has some info.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 02:53 PM

from the NYTimes today:

The State Department recommended on Thursday that American citizens abroad either return home or stay in place as the new coronavirus pandemic grows.

The department raised its global travel advisory to level four, the top-tier warning, usually reserved for nations with war zones or beset by serious disruptions.

The announcement is a recommendation, not a requirement. Millions of Americans are still overseas, and many would likely choose to remain in place.

“If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite time frame,” the advisory said.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 02:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by azucena  
Does anyone know if this latest warning applies only to airline travel, or both airline and by vehicle?

Does it mean if you try to come through the US border from Mexico that they will not permit you to enter the US?

why are you even considering non-essential travel given the current news???????????????????????? :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

if you wanted to travel home, you should have started a week ago.

as it stands now, all bets are off, the rules could change at any time... dont dilly dally, get where you want to go, and plan on being there for the foreseeable future

[Edited on 3-19-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 03:02 PM

Or, if you cross from the south, I'm sure a citizen could talk their way in, will they let you come back south?

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 03:10 PM

Bajazly,
That is exactly my question. It appears they have not "set a date" when they no longer will permit people to cross into the US? So , if you show up in a vehicle will they prevent you from entering?
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 03:19 PM

I'm with the Goat on this one !

We are in uncharted waters, so things can change hourly.

I would think if and when they close the boarder a US citizen would need to be put in a two week isolation before being let in. BUT will they have the manpower and facilities for that ?????

Better to get to where you will be safest NOW and hunker down ..

Best to all of you, and good luck !

[Edited on 3-19-2020 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

why are you even considering non-essential travel given the current news???????????????????????? :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

if you wanted to travel home, you should have started a week ago.

as it stands now, all bets are off, the rules could change at any time... dont dilly dally, get where you want to go, and plan on being there for the foreseeable future

[Edited on 3-19-2020 by mtgoat666]

Lately, your posts have become indistinguishable from JJJ, in his "prime".

You've lost the last of your credibility with me, on this one. OF COURSE WE WILL BE ALLOWED IN! WHY WOULD THEY SAY RETURN TO THE US AND THEN STOP US AT THE BORDER?
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 03:43 PM

Just to be clear, I live in Baja part of the year. I had planned before this shte show happened to go back to the US in the next several weeks, then today I hear this State Dept warning and am just trying to get accurate info on what the rule means for travel from the south and what to expect at the Border.

Thank you.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 03:44 PM

Cant see them refusing entry to U.S. citizens... Not going to happen.
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 04:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Cant see them refusing entry to U.S. citizens... Not going to happen.

Probably make you wait so long you give up and go back for the long haul.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 04:27 PM

Lots of speculation here from folks who really don't know much aside from their guessing and newscasts out of date by the time they are referred to.

Don't believe everything you think....
Borregoman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 04:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
from the NYTimes today:

The State Department recommended on Thursday that American citizens abroad either return home or stay in place as the new coronavirus pandemic grows.

The department raised its global travel advisory to level four, the top-tier warning, usually reserved for nations with war zones or beset by serious disruptions.

The announcement is a recommendation, not a requirement. Millions of Americans are still overseas, and many would likely choose to remain in place.

“If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite time frame,” the advisory said.

Here is the link to the news from the State Dept. mtgoatt666 is referring to:
Level 4 Health Advisory- Do Not Travel
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 05:49 PM

Just to be clear, I live in Baja part of the year. I had planned before this shte show happened to go back to the US in the next several weeks, then today I hear this State Dept warning and am just trying to get accurate info on what the rule means for travel from the south and what to expect at the Border.

Thank you.

If you want to return to the US, go now, things are only going to get worse. You can always go back if Mexico if they don't. Why risk it????
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 06:35 PM
Back in the USA

Heading North and arriving at the enforcement kiosk, one is already a distance into the USA and a U.S. citizen cannot be forced to return to Mexico. They could be detained and be subject to any applicable Federal regulations, of course, but not deported.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 06:39 PM
U.S. Department of State announcement- Do Not Travel

Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/...

The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel. Many countries are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and implementing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines, closing borders, and prohibiting non-citizens from entry with little advance notice. Airlines have cancelled many international flights and several cruise operators have suspended operations or cancelled trips. If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe.

On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure of U.S. personnel and family members from any diplomatic or consular post in the world who have determined they are at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19 or who have requested departure based on a commensurate justification. These departures may limit the ability of U.S. Embassies and consulates to provide services to U.S. citizens.

For the latest information regarding COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) website.

You are encouraged to visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security. Please also visit the website of the relevant U.S. embassy or consulate to see information on entry restrictions, foreign quarantine policies, and urgent health information provided by local governments.

Travelers are urged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. The Department uses these Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc. In an emergency, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate or call the following numbers: 1(888) 407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada) or 1 (202) 501-4444 from other countries or jurisdictions.

If you decide to travel abroad or are already outside the United States:

Consider returning to your country of residence immediately using whatever commercial means are available.
Have a travel plan that does not rely on the U.S. Government for assistance.
Review and follow the CDC’s guidelines for the prevention of coronavirus.
Check with your airline, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
Visit our Embassy webpages on COVID-19 for information on conditions in each country or jurisdiction.
Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
Visit Keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 06:47 PM
Crap hits the California Fan

Governor issues state-wide "Stay at Home" order effective midnight tonight.

Having waited for the weather to clear, I told the wife about 15 minutes ago that I'd best chance tomorrow to head up and check on the travel trailer BEFORE such an order was issued in CA.

Shit !
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-19-2020 at 07:11 PM

California is the new Gulag. Just better weather.

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by Hook]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.