BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: MEXICO BORDER CLOSED NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL -- CLAMPDOWNS EVERYWHERE — DEPRESSION COMING!!!!!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

exclamation.gif posted on 3-19-2020 at 09:30 PM
MEXICO BORDER CLOSED NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL -- CLAMPDOWNS EVERYWHERE — DEPRESSION COMING!!!!!

Californians (half of nomads) told to stay home until further notice!
New Yorkers too!
State dept declared All countries level 4 travel risk, all Americans warned to not travel.
USA senators sold their stock 1 month ago right after confidential covid-19 briefing (they knew of disaster looming, acted on inside info).
Trump admin chitting bricks that unemployment to climb uber 20%.
Your 401k just lost big time.
Amazon is curtailing home deliveries!
Mex-USA and Can-USA borders closed to non-essential travel!

‘Hunters” released on amazon, watch it!

I am trying some new recipes!

Life goes on!

Stay healthy!

Stay home!

p.s. In times like these I wish we had a competent president and not the foolish, selfish loudmouth we got now!

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by mtgoat666]

[Edited on 3-23-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 02:29 AM

Sorta what Goatley said...
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 08:47 AM

1. Governor Newsome is an idiot. Says over 50% of Californians will get COVID - with no basis whatsoever. Very irresponsible. No thought given to an order to stay home - no fallout plan, no support. He's panicking and that is not sound leadership.
2. Of course air travel all over the world has been curtailed - common sense.
3. Hedge fund managers started and maintained the turmoil - not senators - they massive amounts on margin that will affect the market as they manipulate trades and offer a skewed view to the rest of us.
4. Trump admin. has infused over a trillion dollars into the economy to help employees and employers and the unemployed and the economy in general. He's doing more than any other country has done for their citizens. Unemployment is a byproduct - certainly not a surprise.
5. 401 K "just" lost big time? Where have you been - it lost over 25% two weeks ago and continued to slide.
Because of unemployment and actual business recovery, we'll be in a recession for two quarters at least.
A year from now, your 401K will likely be where it was last month. Buy low, sell high. Learn from this situation as it pertains to you personally (doomsday mentality, hoarding toilet paper not the way to go). And the unceasing Trump bashing is not appreciated. There are local and state leaders who need to step up. Each county has medical and health advisors, each town has a mayor - they aren't sitting back waiting for Trump Admin. directives. And then there's personal responsibility. College kids partying in Florida saying, "if I get it, so what" is not socially responsible behavior.
What I want to know is why Tom Brady will be playing for the Buccaneers. WTF Real life.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  

A year from now, your 401K will likely be where it was last month. Buy low, sell high.

Can we hold you to that prediction? Just for academic purposes, of course.

What I want to know is why Tom Brady will be playing for the Buccaneers.

His wife and kids are probably asking the same question.

John

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by John Harper]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 08:53 AM

What I want to know is why Tom Brady will be playing for the Buccaneers. WTF Real life.

Between Brady's defection and the decision to close bars in Boston on 3/16 - one day before St. Patrick's Day - it's a scary time to be in New England. At least local brewpubs are allowed to sell cans and growlers to go.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 09:28 AM

1. Governor Newsome is an idiot. Says over 50% of Californians will get COVID - with no basis whatsoever. Very irresponsible. No thought given to an order to stay home - no fallout plan, no support. He's panicking and that is not sound leadership.

I totally agree. Newsome epitomizes the smug, power hungry we know what is best for you, big government control approach. So now tens of millions of people are not supposed to go in to work, the overwhelming majority of whom would recover from the infection if they even catch it. 19 deaths and counting, panic! When everyone is on the dole he can raise taxes and build a bigger government empire.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 09:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  

I totally agree. Newsome epitomizes the smug, power hungry we know what is best for you, big government control approach. So now tens of millions of people are not supposed to go in to work, the overwhelming majority of whom would recover from the infection if they even catch it. 19 deaths and counting, panic! When everyone is on the dole he can raise taxes and build a bigger government empire.

comparison of seasonal flu and covid-19 -- read it and chit your pants!

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/18/21184992/co...

[Edited on 3-20-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 09:36 AM

:o
fatality rate of covid-19 is 10X to 30X greater than that for seasonal flu
:o

Woke!

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 09:38 AM

1. Governor Newsome is an idiot. Says over 50% of Californians will get COVID - with no basis whatsoever. Very irresponsible.

factually incorrect,
those numbers come from a very sophisticated model that has proven accurate in the past.
And the projections were for if California took no action. please be informed before you launch off on a political tirade designed to support your personal beliefs instead of diseminating accurate information. so far all I have seen from you post is - if you excuse the expression - FAKE NEWS!

No thought given to an order to stay home - no fallout plan, no support.

Ok so by no action you mean shelter in place for the whole state is no action? Once again you appear to be the purveyor of Bias laden FAKE NEWS

3. Hedge fund managers started and maintained the turmoil - not senators - they massive amounts on margin that will affect the market as they manipulate trades and offer a skewed view to the rest of us.

so Hedge fund managers are not supposed to do their job? I thought it was incumbent on them to operate in the best interests of their clients. I didn't realize they also had a responsibility to support a specific political agenda - wow!

and I sympathize with you, this is a tough one, because Feinstein did this - and you would love to lead the slander party against her, but you can't figure out how to protect Burr from collateral damage - that's a tough one - good luck with that!

4. Trump admin. has infused over a trillion dollars into the economy to help employees and employers and the unemployed and the economy in general. He's doing more than any other country has done for their citizens. Unemployment is a byproduct - certainly not a surprise.

funny how for years its been OBAMA mortgaged the future of the USA by bailing out the economy, and upping the federal deficit. But now - it's a great idea? whats the difference here?

To be clear, I belief it's absolutely the right thing to do, unless it turns into a hand out to Trump Hotels and big backers, and it does work! we know that because we saw it work during the financial crisis. the one time government should be overspending is in times like this, and the previous financial crisis. Not sure how so many of you were so against it when it came from one side of the aisle, but now it is great? I guess consistency of ideological sputum isn't a strong point - eh!
5. . And the unceasing Trump bashing is not appreciated. There are local and state leaders who need to step up. Each county has medical and health advisors, each town has a mayor - they aren't sitting back waiting for Trump Admin. directives. And then there's personal responsibility. College kids partying in Florida saying, "if I get it, so what" is not socially responsible behavior.
Buccaneers. WTF Real life.

so you correctly point out that states and local governments are stepping up, but earlier you said Gov. Newsome was not doing anything? can I get a clarification here? which is it?

as for Trump Bashing - the record is clear - the public statements and ignoring of the science until it finally became clear he couldn't wish this away. He owns those statements, he owns the lack of early action, he owns the dissolving of the pandemic response team, he owns the ignoring of briefings and preparation and simulation scenarios that correctly predicted this exact scenario, including high infection rates, shortages of PPG, economic downturn, high unemployment - all of that was presented to him last august - "here's what happens if we don't prepare now". and no actions were taken! The lack of early recognition and action belong to him! Those lack of actions allowed this thing to become much bigger. But I get it, facts and information are really troubling when one is trying to fabricate cover for their overlord and political biases!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 09:41 AM

Feinstein's and Johnson's assets are in blind trusts, they have no control over trading those assets. Feinstein sold at a loss, and Johnson was continuing to sell interest in a family plastics company. Burr is the really odious character in this travesty.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 10:04 AM

97 Days since Coronavirus:
Hubei (where the outbreak began) has still kept its provincial borders closed although some travel restrictions have loosened locally. According to authorities the quarantine will be lifted only if the region goes 14 days with no new cases.
March 20 China reports no local community transmission for a second consecutive day all 39 new confirmed cases recorded on Thursday were imported, according to the National Health Commission. The new cases were recorded in Guangdong (14), Shanghai (8), Beijing (6), Fujian (3), and one each in Tianjin, Liaoning, Heilongjiang, Zhejiang, Shandong, Guangxi, Sichuan, and Gansu.

And 90% of the Starbucks in China are now back open with their employees. The USA has better medical care, more supplies, more of everything, and will probably see its peak in cases (numbers will rise with huge increase in testing), but will eventually fall off, and it will pass - same as SARS, MERS, SWINE FLU, EBOLA, H1N1. Vulerable people are dying - there is no vaccine. People die from the flu, from heart disease. Local mandate is no gatherings of more than 10 people - restaurants are closed - only take out. Wash your hands, wash your hands, stay 6 ft away from people. C'est la vie. At some point, it will pass - if similar timeframe as China, possibly 3 months; there will be lessons learned and probably a better world for it. For one thing, the Wld Hlth Org should confront China in a big way.

Each of your are entitled to your opinions - I don't care what they are. When it's over, let's revisit this thread and see if 50% of Californians were infected. In San Diego - a city of 3,000,000, there are 105 cases. There are 548,000 people in Stanislaus County, and 5 corona cases. I am at a loss how you people think with all the precautions in place right now that there will be more and more and more cases, with people flowing into hospitals. 80% of corona people get over it in a couple weeks without hospital care FACT. Go ahead wring your hands, blame Trump. Pitiful.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 10:30 AM

"the models" so, you don't know if it's actually tied to demographics, real people, real factors, such as local governance or behaviors. You have absolutely no - none, nunca - clue or fact as to what that "model" consisted of, who prepared it and whether it was subjected to CDC analysis or any other scrutiny. Or what "up to" means. Do you? Please enlighten us.
Please read Gavin Newsome's statement on the California-wide voting ballot. And then listen to his state of the union address.
He's a clueless idiot.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 10:52 AM

I think the real danger is overwhelming the healthcare system. At that point, run of the mill issues, like heart attacks, strokes, automobile accidents, severe trauma, and gunshot wounds may not get treated as promptly and effectively as they normally would, or should.

You might think twice about that third cheeseburger, or not using your seat belt when you drive.

John

bezzelle
Banned

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 10:54 AM

"the models" so, you don't know if it's actually tied to demographics, real people, real factors, such as local governance or behaviors. You have absolutely no - none, nunca - clue or fact as to what that "model" consisted of, who prepared it and whether it was subjected to CDC analysis or any other scrutiny. Or what "up to" means. Do you? Please enlighten us.
Please read Gavin Newsome's statement on the California-wide voting ballot. And then listen to his state of the union address.
He's a clueless idiot.

fair enough. see you in 8 -12 weeks
(for future ref: you may wanna start practising pronouncing President Newsome)

Dr Fauci (sp) is 100% correct. 'The best reaction in these instances is over reaction'

Hey, if there turned out to be a 25% infection rate ... would that mean Newsome is still an idiot? What % would be necessary for you to rethink the idiot claim. Just curious.
stay safe and hunker down
bezzelle
Banned

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 12:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzelle  
He's a clueless idiot.

fair enough. see you in 8 -12 weeks
(for future ref: you may wanna start practising pronouncing President Newsome)

Dr Fauci (sp) is 100% correct. 'The best reaction in these instances is over reaction'

Hey, if there turned out to be a 25% infection rate ... would that mean Newsome is still an idiot? What % would be necessary for you to rethink the idiot claim. Just curious.
stay safe and hunker down

edit: I just realised that you prolly did not grasp, that the numbers the models come up with is with zero mitigation, right?
And hence the actions being put in place.

As to model inputs: are you friggin' serious?
Maybe you're right ... it was a dart board with 1-100 and one of Newsome's kids got to throw the dart!!
oii vey
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 12:47 PM
Why would Brady play for Tampa??

1. no state income tax (Thanks to Brown/Newsom for 13% penalty on working in California)
2. better weather? (Massachusetts vs. Florida beaches??)
3. see #1
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
1. no state income tax (Thanks to Brown/Newsom for 13% penalty on working in California)
3. see #1

4. it was them or the Chargers
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 01:07 PM

Does anyone actually know what the Mexicans are doing at the border? Are Ca and Az doing the same things?

The biggest issue in CA are the several hundred thousand homeless drug users that the Dems have stacked around all the public buildings like dry kindling wood! It’s been raining for days there! Imagine the Drug Users maintaining a “safe distance” while passing around the needle! Imagine a Zombie Apocalypse when they start coming down with the Wuhan Virus!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 01:17 PM
Playing for Chargers would still have the 13% hammer

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
3. see #1

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-20-2020 at 02:40 PM
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2020 at 03:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
3. see #1

We all know what a cheap bastard (and golf cheat) Dean Spanos is. Tom isn't stupid. No one wants to be a Charger.

And Giselle will look as good on a Florida beach as she would on a California beach.

Restoring the SALT deduction might be a good idea. That would certainly help homeowners in CA with such high housing prices (and taxes). Right now would be a good time since they extended the tax deadline until July, and people can recalculate their fed tax. That frees up (and eliminates) some future taxpayer obligation right now. We're already going to have to spend massive amounts of money before this is over, might as well leave some of it in the hands of taxpayers with the stroke of a pen.

I'm sure there are lots of folks (way too many) over leveraged (low mortgage rates) with pricey homes that could desperately use a tax break right now.

John

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.