BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Blanca gets in trouble!
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2020 at 09:09 PM

Social media is like drinking,eating, and well you know ;D. In moderation.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 04:52 AM

No internet at our house yesterday all day long!

I meant that the college students should not return to La Bocana/Punta Abreojos from TJ, Ensenada, Santa Rosalia or La Paz. I guess some of them see this as a vacation but classes continue online. If they come back to mom and dad's, there is no way they will be able to keep up schoolwork.

Most parents have asked their kids to come home...I tried to explain to one via phone why this was not a good idea but they really cannot fathom why. Honestly, they think I am overreacting.

Thanks all for writing, hang in there, stay home and stay safe.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 06:42 AM

Fighting an invisible foe is hard to wrap your head around as is how quickly this virus spreads.

It seems to take a certain level of infection and yes death before people move to action.

But it appears that eventually they do.

Here’s hoping the sun and heat will reduce the spread in Baja.

Take care
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 07:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Rule number one: Shut down Facebook. It's an immoral company that is dividing people and screwing our political elections.

I know, it's so fun to be "in touch" with long lost friends and relatives though.

I'm kinda just joking here but also serious.

=)

Shut down FB??? How else would I know what someone i don't remember from high school had for lunch? Btw....i totally agree with you.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 07:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Purdyd  
Fighting an invisible foe is hard to wrap your head around as is how quickly this virus spreads.

It seems to take a certain level of infection and yes death before people move to action.

Take care

That's pretty selfish. They have to eat too, you know.
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Take care

I’m not sure I understand your comment? Perhaps you can explain why it is selfish and what food has to do with my what I wrote?
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 12:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Take care

I’m not sure I understand your comment? Perhaps you can explain why it is selfish and what food has to do with my what I wrote?

I'm thinking Igor was referring to Pacificobob's comment above yours.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 01:47 PM

“The single biggest threat to man’s continued dominance on the planet is the virus.” -Joshua Lederberg, Nobel laureate in Physiology and Medicine”
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 02:23 PM
Que Sera Sera

Best of whatever result (good or bad) each deserves.

When you've arrived at our end of the cycle, each a.m. comes as a (sometimes disappointing) surprise.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 04:17 PM

Some are saying that the federal and state borders should be sealed off. Others, like you, even go further saying each town should be sealed off, Blanca. If there is that much sealing going on, how do people get necessary supplies?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 08:03 PM

Well Blanca, you got your wish. The hwy is being sealed off at Campo Fisher. We were advised by the Delegado today.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 10:23 PM
We Shall Overcome Someday !

Well, not WE as in me or many others, but mankind won't be wiped out by this (or any) plague.

The Black Death was said to have killed off sixty percent of Europe's population in the 14th century and things worked out OK.

If there was an astronomical 60 percent world mortality rate this time around, the overall effect on mankind would (eventually) be a plus for those surviving and producing future generations.

Think positive.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 06:10 AM

Ralph....really? I had not heard. But we are on the edge of town and don't hear the loudspeakers, if it was announced. This is the only way we are going to survive this nightmare.

Our local grocery store has changed the rules so that ONLY La Bocana residents can shop there.

Punta Abreojos grocery store is only allowing fishing cooperative members to shop there. It is a much smaller store than ours but really? What do you think rts551?

In Rio de Janeiro, where the poorer neighborhoods are being hit hard, grocery stores are being raided.

The Spanish flu!!!! It killed 700,000 in the U.S. I had not heard of it before. From Wiki-

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people—about a quarter of the world's population at the time. The death toll is estimated to have been anywhere from 17 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.

Yesterday, I had the very sad news that a high school friend's older brother died of this most horrid Corona Virus in the States. Sadder than sad.

Stay healthy amigos!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 06:12 AM

Perhaps you were thoughtful Blanca...

“If I do have COVID19, it is for the very reasons I have been writing about since before the pandemic reached our shores: lack of advance preparation, lack of risk stratification, and lack of policies predicated on risk differentials,” he writes. “What I mean is this: my most likely exposure is from my adult children sent back to the family home when (A) universities closed down, and (B) businesses closed down and laid people off.”

“I am not saying these things didn’t need to happen — but they needed to happen with some careful consideration of risk tiers,” he adds.

Dr. David L. Katz, a disease prevention research scientist and founding director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center
bezzelle
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 06:43 AM

190 out of 195 countries
'gets around'

Africa breakdown has been added.

https://ncov2019.live/data
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 08:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzelle  
190 out of 195 countries
'gets around'

Africa breakdown has been added.

https://ncov2019.live/data

Thanks for the link
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 08:43 AM

lencho - do not have details. Very sad. Thanks for the pesames.

Come visit La Bocana

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 09:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Ralph....really? I had not heard. But we are on the edge of town and don't hear the loudspeakers, if it was announced. This is the only way we are going to survive this nightmare.

Our local grocery store has changed the rules so that ONLY La Bocana residents can shop there.

Punta Abreojos grocery store is only allowing fishing cooperative members to shop there. It is a much smaller store than ours but really? What do you think rts551?

In Rio de Janeiro, where the poorer neighborhoods are being hit hard, grocery stores are being raided.

The Spanish flu!!!! It killed 700,000 in the U.S. I had not heard of it before. From Wiki-

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people—about a quarter of the world's population at the time. The death toll is estimated to have been anywhere from 17 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.

Yesterday, I had the very sad news that a high school friend's older brother died of this most horrid Corona Virus in the States. Sadder than sad.

Stay healthy amigos!

What do I think? Even though I have lived here for years I am still an outsider and am careful about criticizing the powers in town. I will say this...Many people that can no longer buy at the store - police, teachers, doctors/nurses etc- are very upset. As a resident I have no problem with the blocking of the highway, but I bet the virus is already here.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 10:02 AM
It's a PASSING Problem

Millions may Pass before it's over.

Including we two. And many of our aged family, friends and acquaintances. If COVID-19 don't do us, we'll still be gone before the virus will have ended its run.

Speaking of which, with all of the brouhaha over the current and future lack of Ventilators generating calls for ramped-up emergency production, the question arises ................... are there any survival/mortality statistics (anywhere ?) regarding said devices ?

Given the virulence with which the virus attacks the lungs and the (almost ?) complete lack of therapeutic drugs, it would seem that once a person reaches the state where a ventilator is required, they are mostly unlikely to survive.

Are the ventilators mostly an exercise in futility ? A false hope ? Is an astronomical emergency production push really a best priority ?

Register me as skeptical.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 11:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
The hwy is being sealed off at Campo Fisher. We were advised by the Delegado today.

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

Punta Abreojos grocery store is only allowing fishing cooperative members to shop there.

Sounds like rural baja society is traveling down the road to tribalism, and Conrad's Heart of Darkness...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.