Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: AMLO continues to astound me
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 09:45 AM
AMLO continues to astound me

This is from today's New York Times....

Mr. López Obrador, a leftist, has continued to wade into crowds and kiss babies. Ruling out travel restrictions, business closings or quarantine orders, last week Mr. López Obrador suggested Mexico would be spared by divine intervention as he held up two amulets he called “my bodyguards.”

“Do not panic, and please do not stop going out,” he said in a video Sunday night. “If you have the economic capacity, keep taking your families to restaurants, because that means strengthening the family and popular economy.”

It was not until Tuesday that his government closed schools, prohibited gatherings of more than 100 people and told Mexicans to stay at home. By then, the Mexico City government had already moved to shut down much of public life.

Thinking that I will not be heading down to Guadalupe any time soon... sad to say
bezzelle
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 09:54 AM

apologies if this is a repeat. Quick video

https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/americas/100000007049738...
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 11:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bezzelle  

That guy is scary! What a jacka$$!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 11:23 AM

Poor people are immune to the virus...according to the governor of puebla. Furthermore he considers himself one of the poor and therefore immune.
Sadly many of the vulnerable poor will take this as fact.

[Edited on 3-27-2020 by pacificobob]
bezzelle
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 12:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaParrothead  

That guy is scary! What a jacka$$!

I believe what he's trying to say is ...

"jfc. get a grip" ;)

at least he hasn't recommended folks start stockpiling chloroqinine (sp) the malaria / lupus drug.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 01:06 PM

Mexico is truly blessed to have a leader with Devine immunity! It is touching to see him passing through the crowd, pausing to reach out and share this gift with his believers! :rolleyes:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 01:14 PM

Would Jesus quarantine himself or would he walk among his people? Asking for a friend..:)

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
bezzelle
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 02:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
Would Jesus quarantine himself or would he walk among his people? Asking for a friend..:)

jaja

up north, "a Reality TV Host President, and now our own episode of Survivor"
Kimpatsu_Hekigan
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 02:28 PM

The next Italy?

Mexico’s coronavirus-skeptical president is setting up his country for a health crisis

:(
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 02:58 PM
Jesus walked the walk and went boldly among the masses

Countless times he touched the lepers, those that were otherwise considered "unclean" and never once shied away from the sick.
The Bible does not ever indicate that He was sick, nor that it might be an issue. But Jesus constantly waded into the masses and went where His disciples and observers were totally afraid to venture.
bezzelle
Banned

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 03:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

Countless times he touched the lepers, those that were otherwise considered "unclean" and never once shied away from the sick.
The Bible does not ever indicate that He was sick, nor that it might be an issue. But Jesus constantly waded into the masses and went where His disciples and observers were totally afraid to venture.

you forgot the appropriate introduction ... 'The story goes ...'

let's stick to this reality we're in
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 03:41 PM

Um,... the story of Jesus is a fairy tale, the Bible is a collection of religious fictionalizations to teach people particular morals, the Bible is not fact, just a good fiction! Just so you know!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 07:16 PM

Jesus said "Do not cast your pearls before swine"
And so, I will leave you two to your mutual affirmation moments and ease out of this …..
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 3-27-2020 at 02:20 PM

It's like throwing a pork chop in the yard and watching the dogs fight over it....thanks for the entertainment :lol:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-27-2020 at 08:30 PM

3/2720 ..."you can call it a germ, you can call it the flu, you can call it a virus ... you can call it many things. I'm not even sure anyone knows what to call it ... "

I call it a cluster-flock ..................

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
chumlee57
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2020 at 09:14 PM

I've been waiting to chime in here... bottome line, this is an unknown issue, a 'black swan' situation. If we are honest here, we are all for the same thing, "figure it out" stuff that happens that blow your mind happens once every couple hundred years, bright people pay attention and ract accordingly. If you take a idiotic side in this debate on what to do, you are exposing yourself to being a complete a hole. Reality of what you don't know is watching what you can know, I love you guys for being good entertainment :) Blanca, you did the right thing, either way, think about it
chumlee57
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2020 at 09:53 PM

Not a good look, especially after taking a side, be bright, not confrontaional, you can always add and subtract from this forum. It's what its about. Believeable and honest people, have a balance that radiates intelligence.
bezzelle
Banned

[*] posted on 3-28-2020 at 11:54 AM

"you're FIRED!!" jaja

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e7e820fc5b6256a7a2ac61e
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2020 at 09:58 PM

This is from today's New York Times....

Mr. López Obrador, a leftist, has continued to wade into crowds and kiss babies. Ruling out travel restrictions, business closings or quarantine orders, last week Mr. López Obrador suggested Mexico would be spared by divine intervention as he held up two amulets he called “my bodyguards.”

“Do not panic, and please do not stop going out,” he said in a video Sunday night. “If you have the economic capacity, keep taking your families to restaurants, because that means strengthening the family and popular economy.”

It was not until Tuesday that his government closed schools, prohibited gatherings of more than 100 people and told Mexicans to stay at home. By then, the Mexico City government had already moved to shut down much of public life.

Thinking that I will not be heading down to Guadalupe any time soon... sad to say

Well, he finally woke up today. Said everyone needs to stay home and not go out unless it's essential. Mentioned possibly closing down the airports. I'd like to see him close the borders.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-28-2020 at 10:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Well, he finally woke up today. Said everyone needs to stay home and not go out unless it's essential. Mentioned possibly closing down the airports. I'd like to see him close the borders.

Have a link to the article? Are they shutting businesses down?

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.