[*] posted on 3-30-2020 at 05:06 AM
All BCS Beaches Closed

From today's Gringo Gazette:

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2020 at 05:18 AM

Wow. Will wonders never cease. This is very good news but if 3,000 people went, what a zoo Balandra must have been.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Warf
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2020 at 06:56 AM

We took a drive yesterday to get out of the house. Thought we'd check out Tecolote...nope! Police have the road closed where it forks to Balandra. The officer said it would probably be 3 weeks before the beaches open. Oh well...it was a nice drive.

La Pazadise
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2020 at 02:42 PM

Does anybody have more authoritative info, specifically the beaches on Bahia Concepcion?

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2020 at 07:02 PM

Semana Santa will be a big test. I sure hope that people will take this seriously, but I fear that is unlikely.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2020 at 07:47 PM

Among my local friends and neighbors there seems to be a noticeable increase in concern.
Cappy
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2020 at 05:59 AM

Cerritos beach shut down Sunday afternoon for next two weeks
brucedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2020 at 09:48 AM

I went back to USA but I hear that in La Ventana they are going to physically block all the accesos with cars during Semana Santa
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2020 at 12:14 PM

Civil Protection just arrived at Los Frailes beach here on the East Cape and are making everyone leave, including local fishermen and anyone with a boat there.
It looks like they are serious.
Juanita
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 07:43 AM
la presa en San Ignacio cerrado

I talked with Carlotta yesterday because I had seen Jalisco coming into town with her small boats aboard his pickup truck. She was contacted by officials who told her the presa, our long lake, was closed to all use. The main purpose would be to prevent the large weekend gatherings near the baseball field, but she has closed her lakeside areas to comply. Very few people appear on the streets of San Ignacio now. The seamstresses are preparing masks.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 11:31 AM

I thought we were doing pretty good up here.....this was Popotla yesterday:(
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 11:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
I thought we were doing pretty good up here.....this was Popotla yesterday:(

That crowd would be dispersed if it was a SoCal beach.
But given that's the staging beach for the ride up north, it's just another day in the hood.

Es Todo Bueno
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 12:50 PM

I hope that kind of foolishness doesn't kill those beach people!
Can't people just postpone grouping like this for a few weeks to stay well so they can do it again?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 12:56 PM
A Study in Contrast

Today's Riverside Press-Enterprise (A-6) has a photo of a swimsuit-clad gal solo sunning herself on the grass in an area London park with not another person in sight.

EXCEPT for the motorcycle-mounted cop she's looking at with mouth agape (thinking W-T-F ?) a few feet away telling her to get home or else.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 01:34 PM

Santispac is blocked off. Nobody can get in. Don't know about the other Bahia Concepcion beaches but I would bet it's the same story.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 01:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Today's Riverside Press-Enterprise (A-6) has a photo of a swimsuit-clad gal solo sunning herself on the grass in an area London park with not another person in sight.

EXCEPT for the motorcycle-mounted cop she's looking at with mouth agape (thinking W-T-F ?) a few feet away telling her to get home or else.

she must be a blonde to be thinking "WTF?"
any normal IQ person (and any non-Fox-watching person) would know that if you make an exception for one person use the park then another 5,000 people will think they have a right to do the same,... and 3 hours later you got a crowd swapping germs :light:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 01:41 PM

Goat the only idiots are the news reporters on CNN and MSNBC... I have never heard so much crap and hate! No wonder FOX has the highest ratings. Nobody can take all the ugliness those other networks are spreading.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 01:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Goat the only idiots are the news reporters on CNN and MSNBC... I have never heard so much crap and hate! No wonder FOX has the highest ratings. Nobody can take all the ugliness those other networks are spreading.

Right... because since the very first case Fox has been the ONLY ones to be preaching we all need to take this seriously and need a centralized federal plan lead by a competent scientific board.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 02:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Santispac is blocked off. Nobody can get in. Don't know about the other Bahia Concepcion beaches but I would bet it's the same story.

That's good to hear. This is one Santa Semana where which people should celebrate at home with their families. That's what's happening here in Asuncion. We did have a procession of people yesterday following the statue of the 'Virgin' though. There are no cases of the coronaveeerus, as they say. People freely go to the beaches here but they really aren't that inviting for sunbathers.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Take 6:12 seconds out of you're incredibly busy and productive day and get back to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmW_H4U-MI&feature=emb_...

Facts matter and the echo chamber that is faux 'news' is short on facts. That is a fact.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.