Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: All BCS Beaches Closed
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 08:23 PM

Back to beaches closed.. disgruntled, likely wealthy Americans unhappy with their circumstances in the US continue to arrive here in Baja Sur to have fun surfing or whatever on isolated beaches, trying to keep away from Civil Proteccion . And obviuosly under pressure, the Los Cabos Mayor rescinded La Ley Seca today, although with imited hours for alcohol sales. This, after cases went up the most thus far in the last 24 hours.

Really unbelievable that some people think their comfort and personal enjoyment are more important than STAYING AWAY from a place with very limited medical resources and a generally at risk population.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 09:27 PM
What People SAY .............

It should surprise no one that the vast majority of people might profess their social "virtue" and concern for the common good, BUT will invariably act in what they believe to be their own self-interests.

That's LIFE.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 07:57 AM

Yesterday I noticed an article in a Mexican news site regarding 100 gringo RVs still on BCS beaches. Idiocracy. What testament to the Mexican culture that they just don't hate all of us outright.
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 08:01 AM

Two schools of thought to me, if you've been there and hunkered down, aren't you looking to potentially spread it more by sending folks scattering?

I like beer, better than most people.
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 09:42 AM

Seems to be a bit of a backlash against the ex pat community from the Mexicans. And who can blame them? While tourism has provided a lot of economic opportunity in Baja, imagine the reaction of people NOB if hordes of foreigners were allowed to cross north with virtually no restrictions and bought up all the beach front property and proceeded to destroy the beaches with fancy ATV's while the locals scrabbled to clean their toilets and serve them cheap tacos. But, Mexicans drive on the beach, some would say, well, its their country. For Americans who want to squash clams and turtle egss, Daytona Beach Florida beckons, except good luck getting a beach front property on a social security budget.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 10:57 AM
A Necessary Evil

About 40 years ago, a longtime Baja resident and neighbor had commented " .......... They (the locals) don't really want us here, you know, they'd just as soon we sent them our money and stayed home .......... "

A bit of overstatement. Maybe.

In the best of times, cultural tension is always present and always exacerbated by economic disparity.

In bad times, expect the worst.
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 11:57 AM

Mr. Bill, can I say that when I first started looking at this forum, I found your unfettered cynicism to be revolting. But it has grown on me. Now I look forward to your pithy comments --

I have found most Mexicans to be generous and tolerant, and its a good thing, because sometimes it seems the tourists do their best to wear out their welcome; but the people of Mexico are warm and welcoming people, bless them.
edit - DK duly noted.

[Edited on 4-8-2020 by bajaric]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 12:04 PM

Ric, please don't go down that road. He said, that illegal border crossers included criminals that include rapists... In no way does that mean he thinks all people to our south are rapists. Let's be better than CNN here.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Ric, please don't go down that road. He said, that illegal border crossers included criminals that include rapists... In no way does that mean he thinks all people to our south are rapists. Let's be better than CNN here.

here is a quote. tell us these were not his words? we await your erudite commentary.

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 12:47 PM

Sorry, Pacifico, but DK was right on that one. I had suggested that the Pres had disparaged all latin americans, not the case.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
Sorry, Pacifico, but DK was right on that one. I had suggested that the Pres had disparaged all latin americans, not the case.

oh i get it....just the mexicans eh?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 02:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  

oh i get it....just the mexicans eh?

Nah, not JUST the messicans, but Guatemalans, Hondurans, El Salvadorans, Nicaraguans all fleeing violence and strife... oh, and don't forget all the darker-skinned folk from all those "chithole countries'' and the evil Muslims too.

He's an equal-opportunity BIGOT. :smug:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 03:33 PM

Douglas P

I understand your thought about hunkering down where you are as a tourist, if you are already here and have been, you make a reasonable point.

However, the other issue is that if you get sick ( not even from the Covid 19) or injured then you will need services here from the medical system which potentially could become EXTREMLY over taxed, and you may risk not being able to access treatment. As well, you may also risk exposing yourself to the virus by coming into contact with others in a medical setting.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 03:47 PM

Mark and Olivia posted a photo of the sign the state placed at their driveway to Playa Buenaventura saying the beach is closed. However, their restaurant will be open including the popular Taco Tuesdays. This is on Facebook. Of course things can change overnight.

Chris Sabor was forced to close his Loreto restaurant which had tried carry- out service but it wasn't working out. He states he will reopen in October.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 05:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Mark and Olivia posted a photo of the sign the state placed at their driveway to Playa Buenaventura saying the beach is closed. However, their restaurant will be open including the popular Taco Tuesdays. This is on Facebook. Of course things can change overnight.

Good to know,... I have heard reports that caldo de caguama is a prophylactic for covid-19!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.