Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 06:32 AM
Punta Chivato

The Camping Beach, Restaurant and boat ramp closed at least thru Easter. Maybe closed longer.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 07:32 AM

WoW!! Sounds like a quiet Easter around there? Will give the fish a break. Russ stay safe and Healthy down there.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 08:46 AM

Nice to hear from you, Russ. How many people are in Chivato besides you?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 09:30 AM

Quite a few folks here now and most feel safer here than in any populated area. Most if not all events have been canceled. I'm not aware of any virus cases in Santa Rosalia or Mulege and can only hope it stays that way. Be safe all enjoy a quiet Easter.
Meany, the pongeros are still out with nets taking what's left of our inshore fishery. We had one day last week where the bait was going off and the pelicans were eating well but it's been dead since except for 4 sardine boats that worked over the Mulege area for 3 days. Icy calm here this morning and cloudy.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 09:32 AM

ALL beaches closed until APRIL 30

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 09:35 AM

:fire: Dam that is sad. It would be nice if they could leave the Bay alone for a while. Even in these times I guess it will not happen.:fire:
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 10:25 AM

Stay well, Russ! :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 03:39 PM

pam.jpg - 39kB

OI000080.JPG - 29kB

OI000057.JPG - 33kB

Hey Russ and Steve, I posted in another thread about the beach closures, specifically PC, then found your post Russ. Seems like a good spot to post these pictures! The two Cabrillas are over at the abandoned mine on the peninsula. We camped over there for 3 nights.
The pargo is from out in front of your place Russ.

Unfortunately we are headed back north of the border in a couple days. No kayaks, dirt bikes, side by sides allowed down here. May as well go home and shoot ground squirrels from the deck!

Oh yeah, hi Steve! :P

I like beer, better than most people.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  
May as well go home and shoot ground squirrels!

Did that as kid with a .222 Remington. The squirrels worst nightmare.

John
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 06:47 PM

Hola Douglas&TWFP. Nice Fish Pam. Love the new Kayaks. I'd stay were you are. Safer than trying to get Home. Wait tell May. Walk alot. Were a Mask. I think I left some in a box there. Be safe and stay in touch. Meany Me. PS. Boy TWFP sure has got the fishing down...
DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 02:31 AM

Hey Steve, yeah she is a quick learner!

Here is a copy and paste from an email regarding the restrictions.

Good morning everyone, Fidel Gonzalez From Proteccion Civil met with some us here in Chivato and the message was, we are to stay inside our homes not to go out not even for a walk, no fishing, no kayaking, when you go to the market practice social distance and only one family member can go inside the market, if anyone needs to get their prescription fill up at Diegos Pharmacy in Mulege send me an e-mail and I will call Fidel from Proteccion Civil to have Diego prepare the prescription before you go pick it up or you can go to Santa Rosalia and get it at any pharmacy, if anyone has any of the symptoms of the virus we are to call Fidel and they will come to us instead of us going to the hospital,
The Quarantine is until April 30,
this was pretty much the message we got from Proteccion Civil (Civil Protection).
Rico

Thinking Idaho is best for now. Sucks, but whatever.
P.S. You did leave a box of n95 respirators, probably 25 of them. I'm gonna be rich when I get back up north! 😆

Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 07:35 AM

Buenos Diaz Sr DouglasP. Well you mite be right on Idaho?? But you will be doing the same thing up there as you would be doing in Chivato. I'm glad to here that the Protection Civil has a program going. To bad the USA Fed's didn't have one going back in December?? Government?:fire:. I'm glad you found the mask. There like Gold up here. And should be worn at all times. Very Important. Can you give Sr. Russ a couple?? Thanks and Safe trip and let us know now you two are doing. :bounce: I feel like Lencho. walking and being outside is the best for the health of a person and there mental out look. And it will be a lot warmer in Chivato which I believe is a Plus. Be Safe.
DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 07:45 AM

Yeah I will hit Russ up.
I completely agree about outside and activity. One reason for the decision to head north. We will be able to go for walks and I will be able to ride my dirt Bike. They are being a bit more heavy handed down here, IMHO.
We will keep you posted.

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 07:51 AM

Oh yeah, here's a link to a vid of Pam bringing the big broom tail up.
F bomb towards the end so be advised! Hope the link works.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/T8kVj5A3X5yWFDNY8

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 08:03 AM

Nice catch!
DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Nice catch!

Fish or the wife? 😁

Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 08:19 AM

WOW! WOW !!WOW!! Great Video Douglas. Boy the TWFP. is truly having fun with that fish. I think she is Hooked. Boy those new Hobie's are a great fishing Kayak. :bounce:
PamelaP

Mood: Better in Baja! With wine of course!

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 09:19 AM

Hey Meany!
Yes, I am becoming a great fisher-women!
It helps to have a great guide who finds the fish, leads you to them and provides the correct set-up to catch them!
It is fun!
We do miss walking on the beach and in the desert so heading North to get more physical activity back in our lives!
We have enough property and in the county that we can easily be outside while not nearing another human. And the whistle pigs (AKA Idaho for Ground Squires) and probably over running our pasture, we need to limit their numbers! And before anyone complains about killing them, they carry flees that have the Plague, fact; which can be passed to pets and therefore humans. And the dead ones feed other wild life, circle of life!
Oh ya, we do it with pellet guns and one is .22 gran.
TWFP

[Edited on 4-8-2020 by PamelaP]

Is there wine?
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 09:31 AM

Hola PamelaP. Yes I've seen a picture of your deck and it's perfect for shooting from. I bet Russ would like to shot from there as long as he didn't put his finger in the way.:biggrin:. Have a safe trip up there are you driving or fly?? Be safe.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 09:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PamelaP  
And before anyone complains about killing them, they carry flees that have the Plague, fact; which can be passed to pets and therefore humans. And the dead ones feed other wild life, circle of life!
Oh ya, we do it with pellet guns and one is .22 gran.
TWFP

The cattle ranchers in Fillmore wanted them dead because cattle would break legs stepping in their burrow holes. Some meadows had literally hundreds. Not to mention they can carry bubonic plague, even the ones on the coastal bluffs here in North SD county. A .222 makes sure there are no wounded ones, one shot, one kill. There's a reason they're called "varmint rifles."

John

[Edited on 4-8-2020 by John Harper]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.