Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: Took the dog to the lake for a few days
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Wife and I use the same girl to cut our hair. Persian girl with huge knockers.

I'm going to have her do a house call next week.

Can't teach a pig to sing .... but this one knows how to troll.

It’s hard to tell who irritates GED more, JZ or DK. But it’s still entertaining either way.:bounce:
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 11:33 AM

Wife and I use the same girl to cut our hair. Persian girl with huge knockers.

I'm going to have her do a house call next week.

Pictures please. It’s getting boring sheltering in place.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 11:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

It’s hard to tell who irritates GED more, JZ or DK. But it’s still entertaining either way.:bounce:

You got that right..... two dolts with different amperages :biggrin:

Dealing with arrogance requires different skills than dealing with a dough head..... One is intentionally aggravating....the other is just doesn't know better.

Oh well...... :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 11:54 AM

It's a Dang Nomad Soap-opera, I'll tell ya ..........

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 12:21 PM

Well I have played enough for right now. Unless there are objections, I am going to leave my house, social distance myself in the middle of my forty acres, and cut some trees down.

Only back roads will be used, and no stores or gas stations will be visited. My dog will love me again when she can run loose!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 04:41 PM

Dealing with arrogance requires different skills than dealing with a dough head..... One is intentionally aggravating....the other is just doesn't know better.

STELLAR QUOTE, Ged. I nominate this one "quote of the month". :smug: :lol:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 05:11 PM
And ANOTHER Thing ............ Speeding Along

Since the "Stay at Home" advisories have (sort of) taken effect and reduced highway congestion, it has seemed (again today both directions on I-10) that there were a LOT more drivers going WAY over the limit.

Having mused over whether that "apparent" increase in numbers was accurate, the answer came from reading a news item today in the Riverside Press-Enterprise.

While overall (statewide) speeding citations were DOWN 18 percent this March versus March 2019, citations written for exceeding 100 MPH were up by 42 percent.

Zoom. Zoom.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 05:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Good idea, the bite was falling off on the dog pictures. Will there be pictures of the haircut? :rolleyes:

Jizz gets his hair cut by the dog groomer, the old lady with mustache and saggy big boobs. Cheap, cheap!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 06:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Good idea, the bite was falling off on the dog pictures. Will there be pictures of the haircut? :rolleyes:

Jizz gets his hair cut by the dog groomer, the old lady with mustache and saggy big boobs. Cheap, cheap!
n. Better then fat arm chair captain that loves hogs . :bounce:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 06:52 PM

Sadly we had to start heading back from Arizona to LA today. Wife said we had to be back by Easter.

We did get in some mild off roading.

[Edited on 4-12-2020 by BajaNomad]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Since the "Stay at Home" advisories have (sort of) taken effect and reduced highway congestion, it has seemed (again today both directions on I-10) that there were a LOT more drivers going WAY over the limit.

Having mused over whether that "apparent" increase in numbers was accurate, the answer came from reading a news item today in the Riverside Press-Enterprise.

While overall (statewide) speeding citations were DOWN 18 percent this March versus March 2019, citations written for exceeding 100 MPH were up by 42 percent.

Zoom. Zoom.

We were on the 10 today. Set the cruise on 90. Got passed a few times.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 05:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

STELLAR QUOTE, Ged. I nominate this one "quote of the month". :smug: :lol:

BINGO...X3
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 06:40 AM

Sadly we had to start heading back from Arizona to LA today. Wife said we had to be back by Easter.

We did get in some mild off roading.

Love the Orange get-me-out-of-the-hole Trax. wouldn't go anywhere without mine. Carry on.....

[Edited on 4-12-2020 by DawnPatrol]

[Edited on 4-12-2020 by BajaNomad]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 07:01 AM

Sunshine and a state where you can go out and shoot a few rounds off pretty much as you please. To bad you have to leave.

Welcome back to Cali JZ.

Some hope here to...went for a drive to Del Mar yesterday and pulling up to the intersection of Del Mar Heights and 101 (6th street reef in view for us surfers), the intersection was full of people biking. Adults, kids on bikes, people waiting to cross on foot towards the beach, runners jogging in place. I couldn't believe my eyes as I had not been out in a while. Most all of them in mid year range and not one with a mask on. Looked pretty much like locals who could afford to live in DM and most who can are educated to that state of wealth, out on a weekend day.

Gave me a good feeling that there might be actually some lefty's who stand with me when it comes to taking back our liberties...at least the ones who aren't crowding out the gun stores and ranges right now. There's a shift coming and it's in Cali.

[Edited on 4-12-2020 by paranewbi]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 10:11 AM
Signs of Normalcy Returning ?

At the supermarket:

SPAM (the original) is back on the shelf at (more or less) normal levels.

Another positive sign may be that, although there is a continued absence of quality ALL-BEEF franks other than the more expensive Hebrew National, the Deli case has enough cheap "turkey- chicken- whatever" varieties to feed a Marine division.

Hopefully, an indication that good taste is overcoming desperation.

Toilet Paper was still non-existent, though. I was told that the TP (even with a limit of one/two) continues to disappear in the early a.m. soon after stocking. It's regular presence on the shelves will (apparently) be the LAST sign of abated fear.

Who'd have thunk that grocery trips would be one of the more interesting daily activities ?

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 10:21 AM

The local sewer utilities are begging the public to stop flushing anything but TP down the lines!
They are becoming overwhelmed unclogging drain lines and treatment plants.

[Edited on 4-12-2020 by AKgringo]

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 10:32 AM

You would have to risk a trip to the store for corn!
Most people already have paper towels, napkins, and so called "flushable wipes", which are some of the main problem items.

[Edited on 4-12-2020 by AKgringo]

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 10:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

Gave me a good feeling that there might be actually some lefty's who stand with me when it comes to taking back our liberties...at least the ones who aren't crowding out the gun stores and ranges right now.

As a life long gun owner and collector, I'm not sure what liberties you think I want to take back (or how a gun helps).

I'm actually very concerned about these panic purchases by first time gun owners. Was at a gun store last week, most everyone I talked to was a first timer buying a semi-automatic handgun. I personally can't think of a worse class of firearm to choose if you've never owned a gun. Can't wait to read about a spate of "accidental" discharges and gun cleaning "accidents" leading to innocent deaths. Watch yourself if you know one of these people, they could easily kill you.

OTOH, I just sold two guns that were on consignment (.30 M1 Carbine and a .30-06 Remington 700BDL), and am looking to get a nice .357 revolver for backcountry/travel carry. My .44 Magnum (6" Model 29 S&W) is just too bulky to carry around in the bush. I'm going to hold off until the panic subsides and I can get a better deal.

Don't forget the bullet left in the chamber, that's the one that gets you.

John

[Edited on 4-12-2020 by John Harper]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 10:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
At the supermarket:

SPAM (the original) is back on the shelf at (more or less) normal levels.

Another positive sign may be that, although there is a continued absence of quality ALL-BEEF franks other than the more expensive Hebrew National, the Deli case has enough cheap "turkey- chicken- whatever" varieties to feed a Marine division.

Hopefully, an indication that good taste is overcoming desperation.

Toilet Paper was still non-existent, though. I was told that the TP (even with a limit of one/two) continues to disappear in the early a.m. soon after stocking. It's regular presence on the shelves will (apparently) be the LAST sign of abated fear.

Who'd have thunk that grocery trips would be one of the more interesting daily activities ?

Last week the wife was able to get rice for her rice cooker for the first time in a month.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 11:37 AM
Gun-Buying Panic in Californy requires Patience

Given that it still takes 10-days to actually acquire the firearm.

As to that "non-familiarity" concern, it is required that one demonstrates a fundamental level of familiarity with the particular firearm before it's released to the purchaser.

OK, so THAT (as applied by the vendor) is something of a perfunctory joke, BUT it's still hard to imagine the level of carelessness and 'cluelessness' that results in someone shooting themselves or someone else unintentionally. I've never been able to picture the sequence in which a "cleaning" results in a shooting. Obviously, it's a LOT different than any cleaning that I've ever done.

Speaking of handguns, this CV-19 business has probably ended my prospects of acquiring the one last semi-auto that I'd been looking forward to.

Ruger LCP. No longer available in California. I had arranged to receive one early this summer from back east. That's almost certainly off.

Bummer.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.