BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: How long has Covid19 been on the west coast?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 11:11 AM
How long has Covid19 been on the west coast?

A theory has been reported in several different sources that the virus made the rounds here in the fall, and Stanford has been conducting random, voluntary blood tests searching for antibodies that would indicate exposure to the virus. (the tests are Stanford, not the report)

Here is one of them; https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Study-investigates-if...
The text worked for me, but the video linked to something else.

If this theory is correct, it could explain why I was so sick from Thanksgiving and into the middle of December. Any of you other west coasters get sick then?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 11:24 AM

We did get a light case of the flu, a few months ago. The doc prescribed TamiFlu. It soon was gone. We both had gotten flu shots for this season pretty early (wife works at Kaiser).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 11:59 AM

this is worth watching, about the origins of covid19. frightening, if half true.

https://youtu.be/Le_rfTdayLs
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 01:01 PM

I didn`t get sick but I know of a couple who got their butts kicked for 3 weeks. I think this was in January. They said it started out as a cold then turned into the flu. Let`s hope there was a wave of convid 19 and some of our population is immune.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 01:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
this is worth watching, about the origins of covid19. frightening, if half true.

"War is peace / Freedom is slavery / Ignorance is strength"

"All animals are equal...but some animals are more equal than others" George Orwell, from Animal Farm!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 01:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
I didn`t get sick but I know of a couple who got their butts kicked for 3 weeks. I think this was in January. They said it started out as a cold then turned into the flu. Let`s hope there was a wave of convid 19 and some of our population is immune.

To me, that sounds like the usual course of infection. This time my first symptoms were in my lungs, progressing to fever (unknown temp), ache all over, and irregularity.

I was current on pneumonia vaccination, but this was more like pneumonia than any flue or cold I have ever had!

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 02:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I was current on pneumonia vaccination, but this was more like pneumonia than any flue or cold I have ever had!
Have you seen any evidence that pneumonia vaccinations mitigate COVID-19 severity?

No, and I did not mean to imply that it could. I mentioned it to lessen the possible factor of having a bacterial pneumonia infection.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 03:00 PM
I would love to get tested!

It wasn't just me! I have a sister-law living with me, and both she, and one of her daughters went through the same (or similar) symptoms.

They both work in the deli section of two different grocery stores, and have contact with the public all day long. The flue, or whatever it was, had many employees of both stores out sick for a while!

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 05:35 PM

Daughter is nurse in Las Vegas mid January worse flu of her life.
Still can't get tested.

Es Todo Bueno
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 05:40 PM

Paula and I had it here in CA in the first weeks of January. We were having our house remodeled and I think we contracted it from the contractor. How appropriate! I thought it was a bad cold, but it didn't get into my head like usual, it was in my lungs. Chills, fever, cough and body ache. All most severe at night. It was a tough couple of weeks for us. We were living in the garage and one room of the house. I just couldn't get warm during the day with the house wide open. Oh, and we did get flu shots in the fall. Who knows? maybe we already had covid???? A test for antibodies would be sure nice.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 09:01 AM

Very Interesting!

The wife and I both had something in mid January. I came down with severe back spasms for the 1st time in my life. A visit to our local SoCal ER eased those but about 3 days later I came down with a respiratory virus unlike any I had ever had. I had a productive cough, slight fever, back aches and a strange burning when I took a breath. The wife came down a few day after I did. She was less ill and had a non productive cough, aches and pains. Neither of us were very ill and we both recovered in about 10 days.
I’ve had various flus since the ‘56 Asian variety which hospitalized me for a couple days. Most much worse than this. I too have had both my Phenomena shots and flu shots.
I want to take an antibody test as they will be available soon.

Anyone else have a similar experience from December on? The Italians think that this started back in December as they had 3X the normal seasonal Phenomena deaths then. Other countries are reviewing their records as well! Time will tell if this started earlier than currently thought.

Stay Safe, Have a Happy Easter or Passover.
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 02:12 PM

If you click on the link, it is gone, apparently taken down, it is supposedly a Stanford researcher but not really. It is someone not a doctor associated with Stanford.

Which was cited by Rush Limbaugh.

“ RUSH: Dadelut, dadelut, dadelut, dadelut, dadelut, dadelut from the San Francisco Chronicle: “Study Investigates if COVID-19 Came to California in the Fall of 2019 — If so, the state may have built up some herd immunity. Researchers at Stanford Medicine…” That’s an august facility. It is highly accepted and revered. It’s not a quack operation, in other words.”

Stanford says this is not true.

https://slate.com/technology/2020/04/coronavirus-circulating...

My wife has been saying this for some times. We have a friend who ended up in the hospital in December with symptoms you would say now are covid 19.

And a lot flu was going around. Perhaps not covid 19 but maybe it toughened us up? Or maybe California has just done a good job of social distancing, sure doesn’t seem like when I go out though ;).

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 04:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

I don't think any of it is true. Several weeks ago, I can't remember exactly, I had read articles posted on Fox, MSNBC, BBC that stated that scientists had studied the RNA of the virus and determined that it could not have been created in a lab. There was pretty much universal agreement on this by the scientific community.

There is no such agreement on the source of the virus, the case 0. But to jump from the absence of the source of information to theories about the creation in labs is a huge step. This 'sleuth' has no real proof of anything. Just innuendos based on circumstances. The overall impression you get is that this investigative report did not come to conclusions from gathered data but the reverse. It wanted to tell a story and searched any information that could be used to build the story and ignored that which didn't support. This is not the way that good journalism works.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 04:20 PM
Edit...Stanford test added

Purdyd….Thanks for posting the link to the Slate article! It sounds right to me, and I did state that the theory was not being promoted by Stanford. Earlier this week, Stanford did conduct 3200 antibody tests in a public area, which was covered on camera by local news stations. https://www.stanforddaily.com/2020/04/04/stanford-researcher...

The first report I saw that suggested there may have been an early arrival of the virus was a CNN piece that was carried on my internet news page (MSNBC). A search brought up the now deleted SF Gate link, which I had never heard of before.

Even if it turned out that there was an early version of the virus that made me sick, I would not presume that I have an antibody that would protect me against the current evolution that is making the rounds!

[Edited on 4-11-2020 by AKgringo]

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 04:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Just innuendos......

So what do Italian suppositories have to do with this? :O

Oh yeah, btw.... they taste terrible, and for all the good they do you, you might as well..... you know...... :no:

[Edited on 4-11-2020 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 04:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Purdyd  

Thank you for this article Purdyd. It's a good one.

It makes the point that if the virus had been on the west coast in the fall we would have had New York in December, not in March. That makes perfect sense to me and is irrefutable.

So all those flu like symptoms people are reporting were just that - the flu.

The simplest explanation is almost always the correct one.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 06:17 PM

“Consider the potential effect on upcoming elections if unknown agents were able to divert the sheeple's attention to the Chinese Communist Party as a common enemy.”

Consider the upcoming election if the Bernie Bros stay home again!

Until those “early flu cases” that were so deadly can be tested we won’t know and there may already be those who know the answer and don’t want to be forced to go there.

I can think of good reasons for not starting a shooting war over this even as bad as it is just a couple Nukes would be far worse! Probably better to threaten in private!

The Japanese are moving their critical production back home and they won’t be the only ones.
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 06:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I did state that the theory was not being promoted by Stanford.

[Edited on 4-11-2020 by AKgringo]

No it was Rush Limbaugh, and others who said it was Stanford researchers.

I did mean to imply any one on here said that.

El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 06:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Quote: Originally posted by Purdyd  

Thank you for this article Purdyd. It's a good one.

It makes the point that if the virus had been on the west coast in the fall we would have had New York in December, not in March. That makes perfect sense to me and is irrefutable.

So all those flu like symptoms people are reporting were just that - the flu.

The simplest explanation is almost always the correct one.

Dang! I was hoping I was an early adopter. Cutting edge soul survivor. I had Covid-19 when it was still Covid-17, or something like that. Oh well, only chance I got now is to be an also ran like everybody else. Although, perhaps on the other hand I will do my best to sit this one out.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 06:57 PM

Consider the potential effect on upcoming elections if unknown agents were able to divert the sheeple's attention to the Chinese Communist Party as a common enemy.

Keep your dial tuned to this station... :bounce:

I think Trump is going to have a hard time getting reelected. The public are going to blame him for acting too slow on this pandemic. The belief is that had NY gone into lockdown just one week earlier than it did it would be in California's shoes now. NY now has more cases than any other country in the world. It's just mind boggling.

But then he'll be running against Biden. :P Couldn't ask for a softer punching bag.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.