BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: How long has Covid19 been on the west coast?
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 07:07 PM

The Dems by a 56% majority want to run Cuomo. Imagine how that would work out with NY’s numbers. There is a “Softer Target”! NYC was telling people to go out and enjoy themselves when they should have locked down. That’s in Cuomo’s shop!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by El Jefe  

Dang! I was hoping I was an early adopter. Cutting edge soul survivor. I had Covid-19 when it was still Covid-17, or something like that. Oh well, only chance I got now is to be an also ran like everybody else. Although, perhaps on the other hand I will do my best to sit this one out.

I know how you feel! It has been a long time since I have been that sick, and it was different than anything I can remember. The symptoms were very much like what is being reported by Covid19 survivors now.

FWIW, KCRA Sacramento is reporting tonight that USC, in conjunction with Los Angeles health department is conducting "Herd Immunity Tests", very much like Stanford did in the bay area.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2020 at 04:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by El Jefe  
Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Quote: Originally posted by Purdyd  

https://slate.com/technology/2020/04/coronavirus-circulating...

Thank you for this article Purdyd. It's a good one.

It makes the point that if the virus had been on the west coast in the fall we would have had New York in December, not in March. That makes perfect sense to me and is irrefutable.

So all those flu like symptoms people are reporting were just that - the flu.

The simplest explanation is almost always the correct one.

Dang! I was hoping I was an early adopter. Cutting edge soul survivor. I had Covid-19 when it was still Covid-17, or something like that. Oh well, only chance I got now is to be an also ran like everybody else. Although, perhaps on the other hand I will do my best to sit this one out.

Wife (Covid Nurse) says there were baffling cases of death, symptomatic of Covid (mostly comorbidity/elderly) back towards the end of last year. Testing was done for flu virus and none was found. There was no test for Covid back then and it wasn't on the radar. Just anecdotal evidence I suppose.

Also our daughter was sicker than she ever had been on a flight back from Hawaii at the first of January. Symptoms started day before and took over a week to get her back on her feet. She was in Hawaii for a week prior. She also thinks it was Covid.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 03:24 PM
Newsweek article 04/17

This article was posted today online; https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/coronavirus-out...

I am not saying I had the same virus that has slammed New York and other places, but there were a whole lot of people sick with very similar symptoms here in western Nevada County!

On a side note, there have been 34 cases detected in Nevada County (one fatal) and almost all of them were in eastern side of the Sierras, which actually has more ties to the Reno Tahoe economy than the center of the county population.

There have been no new cases reported or treated for nine days now!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 09:57 PM

Well, I had a doctor in San Diego tell me that the Virus was in California in later part of October. I was in his office for some tests and he said the Bad part of this Virus is that the older people 70 and up are hit the hardest. However, if there was any Good part it is that over 98% of those younger recover. He said that doesn't lessen the loss of the older people and that they are the ones that should be extremely careful and avoid outside contacts as much as humanly possible. I know our medical and research doctors will find a cure for this, as they have shown us time and time again that they rise to the challenges that not only threaten our Country but other Countries. Take Care and Be Safe
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 11:04 PM

More info that possibly supports COVID19 last fall on the west coast:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/health/santa-clara-coronaviru...

[Edited on 4-18-2020 by 55steve]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 04:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajafun777  
Well, I had a doctor in San Diego tell me that the Virus was in California in later part of October. I was in his office for some tests and he said the Bad part of this Virus is that the older people 70 and up are hit the hardest. However, if there was any Good part it is that over 98% of those younger recover. He said that doesn't lessen the loss of the older people and that they are the ones that should be extremely careful and avoid outside contacts as much as humanly possible. I know our medical and research doctors will find a cure for this, as they have shown us time and time again that they rise to the challenges that not only threaten our Country but other Countries. Take Care and Be Safe

I get it...it's good to hear the perspective of a practicing Dr. to get a sense of what is going on.

But when this is presented by the shrill of media, etc., it sounds as if ALL people over 70 are going to die if they go outside. Well sorry, the truth is...people over 70 have a great chance of dying!

Why? We're OLD. We are pretty much (physically) the product of our largess (Ate poorly, sat around a lot, watched to much TV, grew up with parents that smoked or we smoked ourselves, and lived in a time and country that afforded us all of the opportunities we delighted in to kill ourselves along the way).

So our fat, lazy, azzez are more prone to being an easy target for things like this.

Good thing is...we ended up with most of the money (generally).
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 05:59 PM

my issue with the theory - and the herd immunity, is that we should have seen the massive numbers of infection early then followed by immunity. hard to imagine it hid out here on the left coast in very low numbers for several months before deciding it was time for mass attacks?

conspiracy theories ! if you have no evidence, no common sense, and a lack of education - what better way to become anointed with special knowledge than to adopt or better yet, create your own social media-driven nonsense!
Conspiracy theories - the fuse of the ignorant masses explosion!
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 08:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Yep!! Like some ignorant people think Trump is our president because he colluded with Putin to steal the election from the smartest women on the planet. Please find me one person who changed their vote from Hillary to Trump because of something some Russian did!!

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 09:03 PM

The best creditable current theory is midish December ‘19. The Northern
Italian epidemiologists noticed an 3X increase in Pneumonia deaths in December. One of the S.D. ICUs had a case in mid-December that had all the Wuhan Virus symptoms and a negative flu panel. There are a number of other antidotal cases in January and early February with similar symptoms. So, time and an antibody test will tell!
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 09:31 PM

Ya'all are Graspin' for straws.....

Only time will tell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajafun777  

I get it...it's good to hear the perspective of a practicing Dr. to get a sense of what is going on.

But when this is presented by the shrill of media, etc., it sounds as if ALL people over 70 are going to die if they go outside. Well sorry, the truth is...people over 70 have a great chance of dying!

Why? We're OLD. We are pretty much (physically) the product of our largess (Ate poorly, sat around a lot, watched to much TV, grew up with parents that smoked or we smoked ourselves, and lived in a time and country that afforded us all of the opportunities we delighted in to kill ourselves along the way).

So our fat, lazy, azzez are more prone to being an easy target for things like this.

Good thing is...we ended up with most of the money (generally).

One of the most intelligent post yet !

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2020 at 04:32 AM

In today’s news! 1st SFO Area death documented as 2/6 a full month earlier than previously known. “Community Transmission Chains” existed even earlier in the U.S. This gives credence to those antidotal “I think I hade it” stores!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Coronavirus-live...
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2020 at 05:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
A theory has been reported in several different sources that the virus made the rounds here in the fall, and Stanford has been conducting random, voluntary blood tests searching for antibodies that would indicate exposure to the virus. (the tests are Stanford, not the report)

Here is one of them; https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Study-investigates-if...
The text worked for me, but the video linked to something else.

If this theory is correct, it could explain why I was so sick from Thanksgiving and into the middle of December. Any of you other west coasters get sick then?

“On Tuesday, Santa Clara County Public Health officials announced that an autopsy revealed a patient died of the virus, which originated in China, on February 6, roughly three weeks prior to the first U.S. confirmed COVID-19 death in Washington State on February 29…

Though the methodologies were called into question, a recent anti-body test study by Stanford University showed that the coronavirus cases in Santa Clara County were 50 to 85 times higher than officials initially speculated.

“At the time of the study, Santa Clara County had 1,094 confirmed cases of COVID-19, resulting in 50 deaths,” reported The Guardian. “But based on the rate of participants who have antibodies, the study estimates it is likely that between 48,000 and 81,000 people had been infected in Santa Clara county by early April.”

“That also means coronavirus is potentially much less deadly to the overall population than initially thought,” it continued. “As of Tuesday, the US’s coronavirus death rate was 4.1% and Stanford researchers said their findings show a death rate of just 0.12% to 0.2%.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bombshell-autopsy-reveals-cov...
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 07:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Yep!! Like some ignorant people think Trump is our president because he colluded with Putin to steal the election from the smartest women on the planet. Please find me one person who changed their vote from Hillary to Trump because of something some Russian did!!

Contact your republican senator, he should be able to explain it to you!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.