BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: If U survive covid-19, here is truck/camper you can buy to enjoy the post apocalypse
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 06:34 PM
If U survive covid-19, here is truck/camper you can buy to enjoy the post apocalypse

If you survive covid-19, here is truck/camper you can buy to enjoy the post apocalypse years in baja...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 10:13 AM

MG,
Slick.....but knowing how much you are into off-roading.... ;) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L67BiENzYs

Don't believe everything you think....
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 10:29 AM

good luck finding a Supercharge station in Catavina :-p

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 10:30 AM

Too futuristic for me. It would be like sleeping in one of those capsules in Space Odyssey 2001.
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 11:54 AM

Looks just right for the Mad Max days coming...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 12:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Too futuristic for me. It would be like sleeping in one of those capsules in Space Odyssey 2001.

for you oldsters, the unpainted angular bare-metal tesla would look good pulling an old-school curvy airstream

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 12:11 PM

..or an armored personnel carrier.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 02:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  

Ah, but there is a Tesla HPWC at the Mision Cataviña.

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 02:08 PM

This New Cybertruck Camper Concept Looks Even Better Than Elon Musk’s

bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2020 at 08:49 PM

It's missing the Baja pinstripes.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-11-2020 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

for you oldsters, the unpainted angular bare-metal tesla would look good pulling an old-school curvy airstream
. Good report old lizard arm chair warmer. This is Baja no charging stations worthless. Ahh but you know so much 😂
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 12:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  

Ah, but there is a Tesla HPWC at the Mision Cataviña.

lol well lookie there! they beat the gas station! pretty cool :coolup:

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 06:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

. Good report old lizard arm chair warmer. This is Baja no charging stations worthless. Ahh but you know so much 😂

Bajatrailnutmix:
There used to be no paved highway in Baja, there is now.
There used to be no cell phone system in Baja, there is now.
In a few years you will see superchargers and e-car facilities all up and down baja, people are continually modernizing, even though you may not be,...
Btw, there are charging stations in Baja, there are even a couple superchargers,...

[Edited on 4-19-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 06:57 AM

There are none now so that makes it useless. You be the first every time you need charge. Tow it back to the States useless 😂.
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 07:19 AM

There are two charging stations in the parking lot at the Terra Sal Hotel in GN and I saw the same at a hotel in the Guadaloupe Valley in March 2020.

Getting to them is another issue but with enough range and a couple more years, it is not that far into the future.

Photos from space showing certain places on the planet relatively free from smog for the first time in ages shows what could accomplished with enough will and listening to our youth like Greta who deserve our very effort to provide them with a livable planet to survive on.

I am reminded of the future in HG Wells Time Machine and hope that does not come to be mankinds ultimate result of unrestrained greed and avarice.

Have at it Nomads, but one thing is clear. There can be hope for our future generations to do better that what we have left them.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 12:59 PM

PlugShare.com shows about 15 charging stations in baja most in BCS:D
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 02:37 PM

There are none now so that makes it useless. You be the first every time you need charge. Tow it back to the States useless 😂.

It may take a while for Teslas to be accepted by you knuckledraggers in bum flock Egypt :lol:
But there are already e-vehicles in baja, and Tesla has a sales front in DF. It may take a while to get into your thick skull, but the rest of Mexico is excited to modernize.

I suspect next year or 2 you will see Tesla race the Baja 1000 with a swappable battery pack so they can kick butt over all the knuckledragger trucks with obsolete IC engines :light:

Woke!

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 06:03 PM

There are none now so that makes it useless. You be the first every time you need charge. Tow it back to the States useless 😂.[/rquote]

It may take a while for Teslas to be accepted by you knuckledraggers in bum flock Egypt :lol:
But there are already e-vehicles in baja, and Tesla has a sales front in DF. It may take a while to get into your thick skull, but the rest of Mexico is excited to modernize.

I suspect next year or 2 you will see Tesla race the Baja 1000 with a swappable battery pack so they can kick butt over all the knuckledragger trucks with obsolete IC engines :light:

tates useless 😂.

The problem is, you can’t tow a Tesla wheels down. You will damage the electric drive train. Actually when you pull your foot off the “accelerator” when it de-cells it brakes and pumps power back into the battery’s. You would think that would be a good way to re-charge but they say no. No DC regulation while towing I suppose.

ECCFA9A8-BF2C-4F99-973D-6F339F49D35B.jpeg - 48kB
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2020 at 06:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
There are none now so that makes it useless. You be the first every time you need charge. Tow it back to the States useless 😂.[/rquote]

tates useless 😂.

The problem is, you can’t tow a Tesla wheels down. You will damage the electric drive train.

Tesla is not a jeep, you won’t need to tow it often!
I have not had a car break down and require a tow in over 12 years...

Woke!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.