paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 02:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
You people want numbers. Here are numbers...
NY City today has total of 10,000 dead from COVID-19.
NYC population is 8.399 million.
1 in every 840 people or 0.12% of the population are dead from COVID-19.

Maybe there's something to be said about living in a style where your packed in like rats.

NY numbers are not numbers that apply to 95% of the rest of us who don't live on top of each other. You can take many individual and exceptional situations that manifest dire consequences and here we see one on our TV's every night.

You live in San Diego. You got the same urban crowding NYC has.... you are not safe just because you live in klantee or some other San Diego suburb... :light:

ARE YOU SERIOUS GOAT??? Lay off the THC!

Don’t be blinded by Manhattan densities,... North park, hillcrest, OB, PB, Encinitas all got densities similar to NYC boroughs of Staten island, queens, Brooklyn, Bronx,...

Still spewing fake news Goat.

I grew up in OB and still spend a lot of time there.
I owned a home just off the Golf course in North park for seven years and still visit there.
I've lived in San Diego 64 years.
I spent a year in NY (Bronx) and was there two years ago.

There is absolutely no comparison between anything in Southern Cali and NY, let alone the list you lie about.

[Edited on 4-14-2020 by paranewbi]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 02:44 PM

Maybe there's something to be said about living in a style where your packed in like rats.

NY numbers are not numbers that apply to 95% of the rest of us who don't live on top of each other. You can take many individual and exceptional situations that manifest dire consequences and here we see one on our TV's every night.

You live in San Diego. You got the same urban crowding NYC has.... you are not safe just because you live in klantee or some other San Diego suburb... :light:

Your delusional if you think SD has the same crowding as NY goat. In my town of Santee there are 58,000 people and almost nill multi story living structures. As of yesterday there were 18 cases of covid here (google Covid cases by zip code san diego)

18 that you know about...

92020 zip code has pop. Of 57767, and 63 known positive tests. That is 1 in every 853, or 0.117%

92071 has pop. 57,000, and 18 known positive.

What is testing rate in San Diego county?

When you go to grocery store it is possible that someone else in store at same time is asymptomatic contagious...wear your mask, wash your hands!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 02:52 PM

What needs to be looked at and hasn’t yet because it wouldn’t be P.C. is to what extent the homeless drug users are influencing the infection rates in the metropolitan areas. Areas with large homeless populations on the West Coast seem to have more cases and higher death rates than do Metro areas that don’t.

It’s not a subject the media wants to discuss!
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 02:56 PM

Your delusional if you think SD has the same crowding as NY goat. In my town of Santee there are 58,000 people and almost nill multi story living structures. As of yesterday there were 18 cases of covid here (google Covid cases by zip code san diego)

18 that you know about...

92020 zip code has pop. Of 57767, and 63 known positive tests. That is 1 in every 853, or 0.117%

92071 has pop. 57,000, and 18 known positive.

What is testing rate in San Diego county?

When you go to grocery store it is possible that someone else in store at same time is asymptomatic contagious...wear your mask, wash your hands!

Couldn't handle the truth about your NY falsehoods and fear mongering Goat? Now your onto got-ya's? My wife is a Covid nurse at two major hospitals in SD...you really want to argue reality with me?

I LIVE in one of the most high risk situations when she walks through our door after 12 hour shifts. We are both well versed on how to conduct ourselves when it comes to being intelligent about these kinds of concerns.

I've also seen the full parking lot at Costco and a hundred plus people lined up one shopping cart apart two hours before opening time. But you put those same people with their carts on the shore line of a local beach and they would be arrested.

Your fear mongering doesn't seem to be present at Costco and still 18 out of 58,000 of my neighbors is suppose to scare me...maybe you.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 03:22 PM

So “Goat” or is it only the hooves of one?

Past an inexhaustible supply of insults (think Pogo here) what’s your b.g. in the arcane medical arts?

Please elucidate us all!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 04:35 PM
A Danger Not (Much ?) Discussed ..................

Mid-March, standing in line at Walmart, I observed to mi esposa that one possible (if remote ?) contagion danger unmentioned in retail locations could be the HVAC system itself.

Later, curious regarding to what extent there might have been discussion, I could only find a few examples which basically discounted the likelihood i.e. "there is no evidence ............."

Late last week, however, in an L.A. Times article regarding the offer of those idled Cruise Ships (along with hotels) for use as hospital facilities, one of the reasons given by HHS regarding unsuitability was ............... the nature of their central air conditioning systems which could spread any virus.

For those inclined to worry, worry, worry ............... add it to your list.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 04:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
What needs to be looked at and hasn’t yet because it wouldn’t be P.C. is to what extent the homeless drug users are influencing the infection rates in the metropolitan areas. Areas with large homeless populations on the West Coast seem to have more cases and higher death rates than do Metro areas that don’t.

While were at it lets look at the churches. Jesus christo! :saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 05:00 PM

Adds to your COVID-19 worry list.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/cor...

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764_article
Actual COVID-19 spread in China from mini-split A.C. System.

So, spray the tops and bottoms of your shoes with bleach/water solution before entering the house when returning from the store

Wear a face mask in COSTCO.

Take a shower and wash your clothes upon returning from shopping. Always add bleach to your washer. Run your dishwasher on the sanitize cycle.

Really paranoid? Leave packaged food in the garage, keep cold stuff in the garage refrigerator until used. Wipe exteriors of packages and cans with bleach solution!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 05:08 PM

Have you even read the Los Angeles Times for the last two months? There are articles about the homeless population and covid almost daily, and a section on Sunday about feeding homeless during the covid crisis. It's pretty much most the coverage in the California section. Check it out.

John

[Edited on 4-15-2020 by John Harper]
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 05:20 PM

No, I don’t read the Left Angeles Times on line it costs $$$ as does the S.D. News Paper. Since I no longer live within the effective safe distance of either I won’t spend the money!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 05:47 PM

I have a button on my iPad that says “News” plus BBCNews and others! If the LA Times wants to charge for their stuff like the Scientologists I’m good with that! That said LA is only one of many metro areas that have large homeless populations of drug users. There’s not much coming out of any of them.

Since these populations have Hepatitis, Typhoid and other communicable diseases COVID-19 is not an unreasonable assumption.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 06:01 PM

No, I don’t read the Left Angeles Times on line it costs $$$ as does the S.D. News Paper. Since I no longer live within the effective safe distance of either I won’t spend the money!

Spoken like someone from santee, who in 20 years hasn’t traveled to the city located only 20 minutes away,... sad!

Why should newspapers be free? The staff needs to be paid, the facility paid for. And are you really so poor you can’t afford a subscription to read the local newspaper? Sad!
Don’t tell me, you get all your local news from the freebies, the Reader and East County Californian :lol::lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 06:48 PM

You all should step up to the 21st century! Apple offers a pay news service just like they sell books and videos. The books and music live on the tablet so I can take them with me. You should try it.

I grew up reading the LA Times! I wouldn’t pay you to toss insults, why would I pay them? I don’t live anywhere near Santee! I traveled for a living. The wife travel now for fun! We’ve been places most haven’t. You? Goat, about that medical degree.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 08:16 PM
The Times They are a Changin' ..........

............ But, the L.A. Times newspaper is a habit I just can't give up. Not anything near what it once was (Sunday, 20 Dec '98 = 570 pages), but still the best newspaper around.

In this time of "virus roulette", I gamble nearly every a.m. going into one of the last three (known) places in town (Flyers) to pay $5.17 for the Times and the Riverside Press-Enterprise. Spending a buck more on Wednesday for the Hi-Desert Star. Which is free online, but it's just not the same for someone who's been reading daily newspapers for 60+ years.

As a meaningless aside, selling the Sunday Times was my first job back in '53-'54. As a kid living in a new housing tract out in the boonies of Norwalk, I made five cents each selling the paper (for a quarter) door-to-door. Some Sundays making fifty cents.

[Edited on 4-15-2020 by MrBillM]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2020 at 05:12 AM

This is who I get my education from Goat.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2020 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

In this time of "virus roulette", I gamble nearly every a.m. going into one of the last three (known) places in town (Flyers) to pay $5.17 for the Times and the Riverside Press-Enterprise. Spending a buck more on Wednesday for the Hi-Desert Star.

I get the online edition with Sunday being the traditional paper format. I find it pretty easy to read on the computer, and even easier on my iPad. I think the LA Times subscription is only $15/month. NY Times only $17.

John
ZipLine
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2020 at 03:22 PM

I suspect that most of the people that advocate for a much longer "lockdown" (originally a prison term) have jobs and/or regular income and/or assets to get them through an extended closing of the economy. Many people don't.

Personally, I'm fine. Close it up for years. No problem.

But... two things I am concerned about.

1. all those gig workers, restaurant/bar/hotel/tourism workers that are unemployed. Many self employed are finding it hard to qualify or even apply for the "free" government money. SBA loans/grants already ran out.

and...

2. an ever more fragile supply chain, and how long food continues to get delivered to the local supermarket. As the wealthy and comfortable "Shelter in place" the little people have to go to work to stock your Vons/Costco etc.

I guess those "essential" workers are expendable? They can go to work, but I can't?

There really needs to be a realistic discussion/review of these issues or we just keep spewing the same old BS.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.