Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mulege, my second favorite city
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 08:21 AM

Those that stayed with my thread (a few) didn't really indicate that anything serious was going on (except for the tire valve cover bandits) But the gentleman was very serious with his statement. I've spent much time in Mulege over the past fourteen years, and wouldn't worry about leaving my wife alone with the "killer" kids!!!!! while I'd be out of town. There is a large 'gringo' population there, and a pretty tight nit group. Some "a little strange" (you'll see them hanging out at the bars during the day) to others that would give their shirt off their back to help you out. It is easy to figure out whom you would want to be associated with, and those you would want to "stay clear of". And don't base any judgement on what some of the responders images they try to project over this chat room. Most of them are super people to know. Sometimes you'll find 'duds' in the peanut barrel anywhere. Mulege is a quaint, interesting, small community that we consider our "other most favorite community in Baja Sur. Check it out.
sschaneman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 08:30 AM

We definately intend to. Both my Husband & I are looking forward to "retirement" to a warm community after 20 yrs of being a waste water treatment/ Water reclamation Contractor up in the Northwest where it seems to get colder and damper ever year! This site appears to have quite a bit of knowledge to geen from. We have several places that we are lining up for next visit to Mexico in Mulege and in La Paz but I think the Mulege community has more of what we are looking for culturally.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 08:17 AM

Well then. Don't leave out Loreto/Nopolo/Loreto Bay in your "looking around". We found Loreto 14 years ago, camped on the beach south of Tripui for many years during the N.W. winters!!!! Five years ago, bought in Nopolo. We love Loreto!!!!!!! International airport. Very good medical/dental for a small town. Lots of great restaurants. And a very nice gringo community thatis growing. (to some of the nomads, that would be a turn off) But for us. We enjoy the dual exposure. Mexican influence for a 'second culture', and gringo exposure for the other stimulant. Spend some time in Loreto. You'll love it. And Mulege is a great community also.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 10:07 AM
Stolen valve caps

are an unquestionable indication that organized crime has finally hit Mulege! Be careful!!

Tecate is known for it's generosity and painting entire buildings, interior and exterior if you are a distributor. They also supply plastic chairs, umbrellas, and goodies for parties if you use their beer.
sschaneman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 11:01 AM

I would love to find out more about the area. I have read a lot of the things off the internet but nothing compares to 1st hand knowledge of someone whos been there or lives there. Has anyone heard of or know Bob Carey with Pure Baja Adventures. He and his wife Zulema Mesa Cuesta have a place listed for sale. Been trying to contact them about it.
Still trying to decide if we should just build or try to find something when we visit.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 11:11 AM
Unless you have spent some time

in Baja, or any of the towns down here, I would recommend looking around before making any decisions on locations and building or buying.

There are many differences between all the towns, each with their pros and cons that you will not be aware of through knowledge shared through the internet.

The one thing they do have in common is that they are all pretty.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 11:17 AM

Bob Cary is in La Paz, and there are many homes and real estate offices in La Paz. If you don't like the big city there are places Like centenario that is out of town but close enough for shopping, many mexicans are moving to this area just to get out of the city.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 05:25 PM

I don't like the crime in Mulege but if it keeps anymore people from moving here than I will overlook it as long as I am not involved. Please spred the word.

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 05:29 PM

rpleger

You selfish bugger
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2005 at 06:13 PM
A little late for those feelings rp

it used to be Canadian, before that it was Mexican.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.