BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Starting to plan out a camping trip in early May; Where to go?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 06:59 PM
Back to "Where to camp"

JZ, have you ever spent any time in gold country? It is not exactly the wide open spaces that we all love in Baja, but there are a lot of accessible back roads in Nevada county, and a few off road trails.

Beside riding you and your boys could try a little placer gold mining, or rock hounding in some of the old hydraulic mining sites.

You could camp on my property if this sounds like something that would be fun. In addition to the 90 acres that my family has, we have a private road that is about the only access to a tract of BLM land.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 07:01 PM

I haven't. Can you drop me a GPS location and/or link to read up?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 07:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
You could camp on my property if this sounds like something that would be fun. In addition to the 90 acres that my family has, we have a private road that is about the only access to a tract of BLM land.

If there's any trout streams nearby, I'm in!!!! Have all the gear I need. And, I'm definitely not a cheap bastard. I'll take care of you, and more.

I'll even bring some guns so JZ can try out a few, kids and wife too!

John

[Edited on 4-18-2020 by John Harper]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 07:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
I haven't. Can you drop me a GPS location and/or link to read up?

I hope this works for a starting point;
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.19918,-120.91684,2004m/data=...

My property would be pretty much in the center of the area (if this works)

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 07:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

If there's any trout streams nearby, I'm in!!!! Have all the gear I need. And, I'm definitely not a cheap bastard. I'll take care of you, and more.

I'll even bring some guns so JZ can try out a few, kids and wife too!

There are bluegill in the pond, but the streams on my property are seasonal, so no trout. I am up on a ridge, and the rivers on both sides of me are still choked with gravel from the hydraulic mining days. Very poor habitat for any fish.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 09:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
:light: The true evil in our government. How about her ripping up the state of the union address. This is what happens when children run things...

Nancy definitely opened a can of whoop a$$ on him, didn't she?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2020 at 10:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
My bad. Your right. I blew up the image and it is clear it is loaded. That nutcase just doesn’t get that he is just putting a big target on himself.

These are the kooks that give responsible gun owners (like me) a bad name.

John

Sounds like you care about how a responsible gun owner should look? Why? Anti-gun will always be (most likely) anti-gun. I'm pro gun, guy with the assault weapon has a right to carry, doesn't give a F what anyone thinks.

I've enlarged the photo and don't see any rounds. Y'all hallucinating?

Personally, I wouldn't carry in a situation like that. He feels differently. Any questions? Too much time on your hands.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 12:21 AM

Quote by Lee; I've enlarged the photo and don't see any rounds. Y'all hallucinating?

Try again. Take two fingers and place them over the image of the magazine in the picture. Spread those fingers apart. Presto! Now you don’t have to hallucinate and the close up of the contents of the magazine will magically appear.
Also, most of us gun owners know we have the right to carry arms almost anywhere but few would grandstand like that.
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 04:42 AM

There is a lot of great single track and open spaces to camp around Flagstaff and between Flagstaff and Phoenix. The Wickenburg/Lake Pleasant area also has hundreds of miles of trails (A National Enduro used to be hosted there). As of today, it is all open as long as group size is less than 10.

Check out Arizona Trail Riders and Trail Riders of Southern Az for more info. The clubs are very good about sharing info and GPS tracks. Az is a great place to ride, have fun! :bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 4-18-2020 by basautter]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 04:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
My bad. Your right. I blew up the image and it is clear it is loaded. That nutcase just doesn’t get that he is just putting a big target on himself.

John

Sounds like you care about how a responsible gun owner should look? Why? Anti-gun will always be (most likely) anti-gun. I'm pro gun, guy with the assault weapon has a right to carry, doesn't give a F what anyone thinks.

Personally, I wouldn't carry in a situation like that. He feels differently. Any questions? Too much time on your hands.

We park an Aircraft Carrier of the coast of Iran to make sure the world knows we wield what it takes to get the job done.

Once in a while it takes a show of force to show others we have the will. It's not about the loaded magazine, it's about the will.

Get a clue. The tree is impressive, but don't get lost in the forest of emotion.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 07:02 AM

:light::light::light:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 07:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

John

We park an Aircraft Carrier of the coast of Iran to make sure the world knows we wield what it takes to get the job done.

Once in a while it takes a show of force to show others we have the will. It's not about the loaded magazine, it's about the will.

Get a clue. The tree is impressive, but don't get lost in the forest of emotion.

It is ridiculous to protest a government public health action by threatening violence while brandishing assault rifles at protest march.
Someone tries to save your life so you stick a gun in their face?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 08:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

There are bluegill in the pond, but the streams on my property are seasonal, so no trout. I am up on a ridge, and the rivers on both sides of me are still choked with gravel from the hydraulic mining days. Very poor habitat for any fish.

Yes, I saw from satellite how damaged the riverbeds look like from space. I figured it was all the hydraulic mining. Sad that it's still devastated after more than 150 years.

John
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 08:10 AM

Me? Anti-gun? I have a collection in the double digits with a big safe, too. Anti-gun is the last thing anyone would ever call me. I'm just against people with poor judgement brandishing weapons in public.

You must be blind not to see the rounds in the transparent magazine. I thought you were a Marine? That kind of blindness gets Marines killed, what would your DI say?

Who pee'd in your cornflakes, Lee? Anytime you want to come down and see my collection, let me know.

John

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

John

It is ridiculous to protest a government public health action by threatening violence while brandishing assault rifles at protest march.
Someone tries to save your life so you stick a gun in their face?

Save my life? I don't know of anyone's life the government has saved (ok, Trump has worked hard with getting back those who find themselves in foreign prisons).

My wife saves lives, her co-workers save lives, many fine people have rushed in where others run from, individuals donate blood and organs from their bodies and loved ones remains...but I don't know of any one the 'government' has saved. I don't admire government because it admires itself.

Once again Goat, who you run to in fear shows your fear is what guides you. Get off the nipple Goat.

[Edited on 4-18-2020 by paranewbi]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 08:51 AM

I must have missed the "Brandishing" part? Looks like a normal carry to me. What good is a gun if its not loaded?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 09:04 AM

Who pee'd in your cornflakes, Lee? Anytime you want to come down and see my collection, let me know.

John

Wow relax John. Never said you were anti-gun. I know what you guys see in the photo. You could be right but me, personally, I'm not sure. Sure looks like a loaded mag. Maybe I need stronger glasses.

And I still come away with this. So what? No one threatening violence. Protest is passionate and these people are probably desperate and out of work. And pi$$ed off.

And their carry is legal. MI is an open carry state and these guys are legal. Bad law? Bad state? Saber rattling. That's about it. Think things are a bit weird in MI anyway.

Nazzis are the kooks, unhinged, nut jobs. How can I live in a country that allows these cretins to crawl out from the slime? These guys are the enemy. Not the gun demonstrators with bad judgment.

Kooks give responsible gun owners a bad name? Doubt it.

Re camping: N. AZ, Utah, S. Colorado, JZ. It's all good. Just don't know what's open. Heard there are road blocks getting into Durango -- if you don't live there, no go. Sad.

F*ck it.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 09:48 AM
Armed and Dangerous

Count me as one of those with a varied moderately-sized collection of handguns, rifles and shotguns and a significant supply of ammunition who is a "Pro-Gun" life-member of the NRA.

I am also someone who is continually disturbed by what I think are these counter-productive shows of armed force. Especially, by those who often dress up in SWAT gear as if they are planning to begin their assault against the government that day armed with assault rifles.

Whatever these "nutcases" rationalize in defense of their "Constitutional Rights" and the like, they are clearly making a provocative statement regarding their potential threat as a force to be reckoned with should they decide the government has over-reached.

In doing so, the ONLY thing that they are accomplishing is reinforcing a stereotype, worrying many undecideds who "might" be on their side of many Second-Amendment issues and feeding the opposition media footing to exploit.

Thuggish behavior only convinces others that you're a thug.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 10:08 AM

True Patriots,,,,, exercising their God given American Rights !!!

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2020 at 10:09 AM

I fall into the category of a collector and user with a collection of 50 long guns and handguns from a Barrett M82A1 50 cal to a .17 cal and handguns from 454 Cassell to .22 cal. with plenty of ammo to match.
I am a Strong 2nd amendment supporter and don’t visibly carry for show and unnecessarily try to intimidate the snowflakes.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.