Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  21
Author: Subject: Mexico Re-open?
BobbyC
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2020 at 03:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
"Today's update from the OHIO Covid-19 website:

70% of ALL DEATHS in the state of Ohio since the beginning of the pandemic due to covid-19 are in nursing homes or long-term care facilities. Add to that the problems they've had in prisons and that essentially means that there's been about 500 deaths in the general population in the state of Ohio since the beginning. This works out to be approximately .000045....or 4.5 deaths per 100k of the general population since the beginning of the pandemic in the state of Ohio.

Yesterday the state of Pennsylvania also reported similar percentages of the deaths as Ohio...and they also added the facts that PA. has had more deaths over the age of 100 than under the age of 45... and more deaths over the age of 95 than under the age of 60.

Additionally the CDC has just come out with the following:

Recently, the American CDC changed its guidelines with regard to touching contaminated surfaces. The danger is now considered comparable to other low-risk transmission methods, including "from animals to people" and "from people to animals."

"It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes," the CDC guidelines now read. "This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads, but we are still learning more...”

Regarding concerns about transmission of the disease through food, the guidelines point out: "Currently, there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food.

Studies have also shown the virus only lives for approximately 1 minute in sunshine and does not live in pool water with chlorine etc. Essentially there's very little chance of transmission outside, everything I've seen on any media outlet over the last two months shows no proven transmission of Covid19 outside at all.

Seems to me football in the fall should not be an issue for any state as long as their governors start actually paying attention to the science & the data instead of some Blue states run by loony liberal Governors saying they do, but in reality COMPLETEY IGNORING the actual science and data because they're on a power trip that they don't want to give up."

And this in from Ohio just a day later - OOPS!

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/499371-daily-corona...

Coronavirus Ohio Doubles.jpg - 159kB
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-24-2020 at 04:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BobbyC  

Did you even bother to read pass the headline? The daily average didn't double. Do you think comparing one day's numbers to another day has some statistical relevancy?

Continue to hide under your TP.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2020 at 04:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BobbyC  

Did you even bother to read pass the headline? The daily average didn't double. Do you think comparing one day's numbers to another day has some statistical relevancy?

Continue to hide under your TP.

"Ohio reported 84 additional COVID-19 deaths Saturday"

"Ohio has reported an average of 575 COVID-19 cases and an average of 45 deaths over a 21 day period"

So 84 on Saturday as compared to a 21 day average of 45.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-24-2020 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

"Ohio has reported an average of 575 COVID-19 cases and an average of 45 deaths over a 21 day period"

Read what I wrote. A one day spike means nothing statistically. That's as dumb as some idiot getting on here posting numbers that it went down 50% on some random day (probably tomorrow).

Serious question, do you pray at night for things to get worse? Do you get excited when the death numbers go up? Beg for the 2nd wave that you read about in 1819 to come again?

Things are opening up. Deal with it and pray for ppl to live and the economy to come back saving millions more.

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2020 at 05:05 PM

Serious question, do you pray at night for things to get worse? Do you get excited when the death numbers go up? Beg for the 2nd wave that you read about in 1819 to come again?

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by JZ]

No, no, and no. It was 1918 BTW.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-24-2020 at 05:19 PM

Wow. So the incubation period is now 24 hours as of the last 24 hours? :?::?::?:

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by Feathers]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-24-2020 at 10:00 PM
And the Score IS ................ ?

I suppose that with major sports off for now (and maybe for a long while), following Covid killings is the best game in town and the sport has become a surrogate match between those on either side of the Jefe Naranja battle, BUT ............... have patience.

One day (or a few days) doesn't mean scheisse and anyone who professes to know which direction the corpse count is going to go is simply blowing guessing gas out his A.

On the bright (or dark) side, the hospitalization and death numbers will be known despite any attempts to spin those numbers and the voters will decide credit or blame.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-24-2020 at 10:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
I suppose that with major sports off for now (and maybe for a long while), following Covid killings is the best game in town and the sport has become a surrogate match between those on either side of the Jefe Naranja battle, BUT ............... have patience.

One day (or a few days) doesn't mean scheisse and anyone who professes to know which direction the corpse count is going to go is simply blowing guessing gas out his A.

On the bright (or dark) side, the hospitalization and death numbers will be known despite any attempts to spin those numbers and the voters will decide credit or blame.

NBA is going to start playing around July 4th. In Orlando.

tOSU football team is reporting back to campus on June 8th. ND announced fall classes start the 2nd week in Aug. My daughter is a freshman, and will join her new soccer team in Florida in late July. Talked to her coach for 45 mins today.

Baseball would start soon, but their dipchit players are trying to get as much money as possible. We'll see about that.

Sports is coming back, very soon.

I posted numbers from the start of the out break in Ohio. A couple yahoos went nuts on a single day sample size.

The tide has turned. The world is getting better. Those who want to hide under their TP and beg for a 2nd wave be damned.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 12:36 AM

I'm curious, does anyone here know of anyone personally, family or friend, that has come down with the covid19 virus? I don't. From the news reports I am familiar with the sports figures, actors and many others but nobody I am personally friendly with or is family. We have had over 1700 cases in Bakersfield of which 24 have died.
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 03:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I'm curious, does anyone here know of anyone personally, family or friend, that has come down with the covid19 virus? I don't. From the news reports I am familiar with the sports figures, actors and many others but nobody I am personally friendly with or is family. We have had over 1700 cases in Bakersfield of which 24 have died.

Ive had a few acquaintances come down with Covid. A family that had actually traveled to Cabo before everything was chit down in Feb. They returned to Colorado and all became ill when they got home. Everyone recovered.

I also had a friends daughter get it. She is in her 20's and recovered quickly with mild symptoms. This was in Florida.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 07:57 AM

Thanks
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 08:30 AM

My good friend's husband went to visit his brother in Borrego Springs. Their sister was there too. She later tested positive for C-19, so did my friend's husband a few days later. He's now self isolated in his house and his wife is staying well away from him for the next two weeks. Neither her husband nor his sister developed serious issues, but you never know.

John
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 08:35 AM

Zero... no family, no friends that I have heard from, nobody has caught it or tested positive for ever having it.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 08:36 AM

My son had covid. He thinks he got it at the last Duck hockey game at the pond before the shutdown. He is fine now but said it was a tough go. The is 29 and in good health

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by freediverbrian]
brucedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 08:42 AM

I have several friends who have been infected. One couple that lives near me in Baja were in Sun Valley, ID. they went to a dinner party and all 12 people got it. They were DOWN for 2 weeks. Another friend in SoCal got it from his daughter who had been in Spain.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 09:13 AM

My 31 year-old son had it. He was called up by the Army Reserves and was assigned to provide security at a drive-up COVID-19 test site in The Bronx. Based on the symptoms he witnessed, he has a pretty good idea of how he got infected. He has asthma, so he had a few rough days, but he's otherwise in good health and avoided a hospital stay. After 14 days, he tested negative and went back to work. He's been living in a hotel in Upper Manhattan, away from his wife and three kids.

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by pauldavidmena]

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 09:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

My 31 year-old son had it. He was called up by the Army Reserves and was assigned to provide security at a drive-up COVID-19 test site in The Bronx. Based on the symptoms he witnessed, he has a pretty good idea of how he got infected. He has asthma, so he had a few rough days, but he's otherwise in good health and avoided a hospital stay. After 14 days, he tested negative and went back to work. He's been living in a hotel in Upper Manhattan, away from his wife and three kids.

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by pauldavidmena]

Very glad your son has recovered!

I'm curious... what Personal Protective protocol did the Army institute? Masks? (What type?) Gloves? Hazmat suit?

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 09:36 AM
Bad News - Good News !

The Bad is a spike in Alabama filling the ICU beds.

The Good news is that its Alabama !

One thing is "Yeah, Sure, You Betcha" certain, though.

Around mid-June, this holiday weekend will have proved the theory for one side or the other.

Watching the a.m. news, the tourist-spot news videos make it clear that the Thundering (Blundering ?) Herds have forsaken any efforts at PPE or Social Distancing. Thankfully.

Either way, it's a great show. Assuming, of course, that one dodges the viral bullet. The downside is that the delay is sort of like waiting for your favorite series to return. Not sure what life is going to hold for "Jamie and Claire", etc and impatient for the next episode.

Stay Tuned.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 10:15 AM

I only know of one case, our campo owner in the puerto nuevo area spent a week in a tijuana hospital. im guessing around 60-65 and in good health.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 10:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
I only know of one case, our campo owner in the puerto nuevo area spent a week in a tijuana hospital. im guessing around 60-65 and in good health.

When was that, Don Pisto?
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.