Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  21
Author: Subject: Mexico Re-open?
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 06:08 AM

https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/tourism-council-announces-...

Tourism Council announces reopening of Cancun, Riviera Maya travel for June
By Riviera Maya News on April 30, 2020

Cancun, Riviera Maya, Q.R. — The Quintana Roo Tourism Promotion Council has announced the reopening of the state for travel as of the beginning of June.

The Consejo de Promoción Turística de Quintana Roo (CPTQ) says that airline operations also will begin then, which is why they are preparing a special campaign now to be launched in late May. The campaign will be aimed at reviving local tourism.

“Some of the airlines, through virtual meetings, that have announced they are resuming their operations at the Cancun International Airport are Air Canada, Air Transat, Delta Airlines, Copa Airlines, Air Europa, Sunwing, Southwest and Aeroméxico,” he explained noting they will begin landing in early June.

The announcement of the arrival of flights has also promoted the opening of some online reservation systems for area hotels. The Hotel Association of Cancun, Puerto Morelos and Isla Mujeres detailed that due to the coronavirus pandemic, more than 155 area hotels closed.

Get in line now!
The tide is changing:P
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 03:17 PM
Gnudist Overload ?

WOW !

What a difference being away a few days makes.

Gnu Nutty Knowledge run amok.

Can anybody summarize in a few paragraphs where we are in the COVID Gnudity Conspiracy ?

Not that it really matters in terms of reality, but it's always fun to follow the bouncing bunk.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 04:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Do you know how much hospitals get from the federal government for every person who gets put on a ventilator and declared a Covid patient? North of $30K.

"U.S. hospitals are losing millions of dollars per day in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic — and recovery may take years"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/hospitals-losing-millions-of...

What's the status for hospitals - and their resources - in Baja and Mexico in general?

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 06:15 PM

Clearly the poster with the most references, links,and footnotes must be correct. I mean wow...anywhere north of 5 references is real academic erotica.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 06:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Regardless of the studies about the effectiveness of their filtration systems other studies have shown that if you're sitting 3 seats in front of anyone with a cold you're virtually guaranteed to get it. The odds drop for the following 3 seats but is still there. One of the positives coming from this pandemic is that the airlines are finally going to do something about it. Recent work shows that UV light applied at low levels directly in the cabin kills pathogens without affecting health. Can't remember the link.

3 rows is about 9ft. Makes sense, in enclosed space. What many don't realize is that when people are talking loud, they emit droplets much smaller than those from coughing, it spreads farther, usual 6ft rule doesn't apply.

I doubt about UV lights in a cabin full of people. The lower the frequency is the safer it is to humans and the longer it takes to kill the germs. They do use UV to disinfect empty cabins on trains and airplanes: Disinfecting an aircraft’s interior between flights. Adding high-frequency UVC to air filtration system would work but this end of spectrum is unsafe to humans.
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 08:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

Do you know how much hospitals get from the federal government for every person who gets put on a ventilator and declared a Covid patient? North of $30K.

"U.S. hospitals are losing millions of dollars per day in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic — and recovery may take years"

What's the status for hospitals - and their resources - in Baja and Mexico in general?

Of course they'll over report. They're trying to make up the difference.

[Edited on 5-10-2020 by Feathers]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 08:24 PM

“A major U.S. airline trade group on Saturday said it backed the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checking the temperatures of passengers and customer-facing employees during the coronavirus pandemic.
Airlines for America, which represents the largest U.S. airlines including American Airlines, United Airlines , Delta Air Lines and Southwest Airlines, said the checks "will add an extra layer of protection for passengers as well as airline and airport employees. Temperature checks also will provide additional public confidence that is critical to relaunching air travel and our nation’s economy."

HERE IS A GOOD IDEA TO IMPLEMENT WITH TEMP CHECKS;
MEASURE THE PAX GIRTH, AND IF PAX UNABLE TO FIT IN SEAT W/O INCONVENIENCING NON-GLUTTONS, THEN SEAT THE FAT PAX IN THE FAT SECTION OF PLANE

P.S normal temp does not mean you are not contagious. Sneezing, snuffling, coughing people should be booted from the plane

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 08:38 PM

And just to add to the anxiety, it is hay fever season in my part of the world right now! Just try not to sneeze!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 09:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

Regardless of the studies about the effectiveness of their filtration systems other studies have shown that if you're sitting 3 seats in front of anyone with a cold you're virtually guaranteed to get it. The odds drop for the following 3 seats but is still there. One of the positives coming from this pandemic is that the airlines are finally going to do something about it. Recent work shows that UV light applied at low levels directly in the cabin kills pathogens without affecting health. Can't remember the link.

3 rows is about 9ft. Makes sense, in enclosed space. What many don't realize is that when people are talking loud, they emit droplets much smaller than those from coughing, it spreads farther, usual 6ft rule doesn't apply.

I doubt about UV lights in a cabin full of people. The lower the frequency is the safer it is to humans and the longer it takes to kill the germs. They do use UV to disinfect empty cabins on trains and airplanes: Disinfecting an aircraft’s interior between flights. Adding high-frequency UVC to air filtration system would work but this end of spectrum is unsafe to humans.

No, the article I read specified UV light in low doses being on all the time during flight. I can't find it any longer. And yes, there are numerous links to apparatuses available to kill germs with UVC light between flights and even bathroom during flights. Most infections occur from sick passengers being in close proximity during flight. Thank you for taking the time to respond. Meanwhile I will continue to search.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Either apologize or ban me

As you wish.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2020 at 10:23 PM

Losing money because all their elective stuff is shut down.

And even for semi urgent stuff ppl are afraid to do it or the hospitals are asking them to put it off.

I know someone who was only able to do a hysterectomy because she was incredibly anemic.

Declaring ppl to be Covid gives them Fed dollars.

This nonsense has to end.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 05:11 AM

Anyone on here have sources in hospitals south?

I thought it was interesting to see (Mexicodailynews) the similar modeling of ppe use, isolation areas, etc., as we had seen on US news as Covid progressed here. Maybe there was some benefit to having lag time for Mexico to observe (if not participate) how others handled the onset.

With much less resources (financially/structurally) I would hope the field evened out somewhat for them with that modeling available.
bajapedro
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 05:27 AM

Quote:

Losing money because all their elective stuff is shut down.

And even for semi urgent stuff ppl are afraid to do it or the hospitals are asking them to put it off.

I know someone who was only able to do a hysterectomy because she was incredibly anemic.

Declaring ppl to be Covid gives them Fed dollars.

This nonsense has to end.

We resumed elective surgery(orthopedic)last Monday. Hospitals(7)in my county have a grand total of 13 hospitalized covid patients. Wards are empty.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 08:53 AM

WHO launches COVID-19 Accelerator. A global effort to accelerate research on coronavirus:

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/118549/who-launches-access-to-covid-19-tools-accelerator/

The United States was among the few countries not taking part in the fund-raising effort.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 10:29 AM

WHO launches COVID-19 Accelerator. A global effort to accelerate research on coronavirus:

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/news/118549/who-launches-access-to-covid-19-tools-accelerator/

The United States was among the few countries not taking part in the fund-raising effort.

The WHO is an agent for the Chinese government. They need to burn that organization down.

[Edited on 5-10-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 10:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
"

MEASURE THE PAX GIRTH, AND IF PAX UNABLE TO FIT IN SEAT W/O INCONVENIENCING NON-GLUTTONS, THEN SEAT THE FAT PAX IN THE FAT SECTION OF PLANE

Ha ha so true. I'm 4'11" and weigh 110#s. I am a big persons dream come true on an airplane and sometimes it is horrible. I want my personal space to stay just that: MY personal space!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 11:22 AM

No, the article I read specified UV light in low doses being on all the time during flight. I can't find it any longer.

Please post in a separate thread if you find it. This one has become overrun by people with an IQ of a 3rd grader, posting without reading or thinking first.
I occasionally see articles on low-frequency, low-intensity UV lights in hospital wards but there is more social distancing there than in commercial airplanes, and the efficiency is inferior to that of high-frequency UV lights.
ZipLine
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 04:22 PM

Hey! Don't insult third graders!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
"

Ha ha so true. I'm 4'11" and weigh 110#s. I am a big persons dream come true on an airplane and sometimes it is horrible. I want my personal space to stay just that: MY personal space!

I think we thin folks should start accusing airlines of discrimination as far as baggage allowances. Why should I have the same baggage allowance as the 350 pounder standing in the check-in line behind me? Airline prices are supposedly partially based on fuel costs to transport people and baggage. So the thin people are subsidizing the fat. I say have a total weight allowance- you and your luggage :)
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 5-10-2020 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
"

I think we thin folks should start accusing airlines of discrimination as far as baggage allowances. Why should I have the same baggage allowance as the 350 pounder standing in the check-in line behind me? Airline prices are supposedly partially based on fuel costs to transport people and baggage. So the thin people are subsidizing the fat. I say have a total weight allowance- you and your luggage :)

I like it!:)
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14    16  ..  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.