Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21
Author: Subject: Mexico Re-open?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 10:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I'm curious, does anyone here know of anyone personally, family or friend, that has come down with the covid19 virus? I don't. From the news reports I am familiar with the sports figures, actors and many others but nobody I am personally friendly with or is family. We have had over 1700 cases in Bakersfield of which 24 have died.

A friend in North Park (San Diego neighborhood) had it in March. Not hospitalized, but said it was a miserable experience, worse than any flu he ever had. He has no idea where he got infected.

Another friends kid is in school in NYC, the kid got it and said it was like a really bad flu, not fun.

Several San Diego friends had nasty “flu” in January, but recovered before the disease was well know or testing was available. They think they had it. Who knows?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 10:53 AM

I think I got it in April. Was down for a couple days. They just started drive through testing out here and I was very close to getting tested but started feeling better.

Want to do the antibody test.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I'm curious, does anyone here know of anyone personally, family or friend, that has come down with the covid19 virus? I don't. From the news reports I am familiar with the sports figures, actors and many others but nobody I am personally friendly with or is family. We have had over 1700 cases in Bakersfield of which 24 have died.

Wife's cousin and his wife in Dallas got it and recovered. They were in Puerto Rico in mid-February working on a rental property they own and flew home early after seeing that this was spreading. They had zero symptoms. It was 7-10 days later that they started feeling bad. He experienced loss of taste,and smell, fever with full body aches and she had similar except smell and taste but more breathing issues. They called their doctor and self isolated, then took a drive by test and got results two weeks after they recovered. They have donated plasma a couple times since.

My accountant of 39 years also had it in late February and was in hospital for a short while (she has underlying respiratory issues) and then was at home taking it easy for weeks. We just did a video conference last week to finalize our personal taxes and she looked good and told us she feels about 90% and was very worried when she struggled to get a full breath and wouldn't wish this on her worst enemy. She has given plasma twice so far. She is a member of a church with a fairly large congregation and folks that she knows have tested positive and had symptoms. She can't say for certain where or how she caught it but has an idea.

Wife has niece in San Fran and one of her college friends and family members were infected by the virus. Wife, husband, son and father all came down with it. She was 34 years old in good health (marathon runner). She, her 12 year old son and her husband were all in ICU for weeks. Husband went home after 3 weeks, son was out in about a week. The wife died and about a week later her father died too.

Take care. Be safe.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 02:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  
Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

My 31 year-old son had it. He was called up by the Army Reserves and was assigned to provide security at a drive-up COVID-19 test site in The Bronx. Based on the symptoms he witnessed, he has a pretty good idea of how he got infected. He has asthma, so he had a few rough days, but he's otherwise in good health and avoided a hospital stay. After 14 days, he tested negative and went back to work. He's been living in a hotel in Upper Manhattan, away from his wife and three kids.

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by pauldavidmena]

Very glad your son has recovered!

I'm curious... what Personal Protective protocol did the Army institute? Masks? (What type?) Gloves? Hazmat suit?

I'm glad he's recovered too! You think you're safe from worry when your children leave the nest, but that's far from true!

Based on this photo, I think he had an N95 mask but no other protective ware. That makes sense given that he wasn't supposed to get "up close and personal" with any of the test subjects, but my understanding is that he was surprised by a walk-up "customer" who was showing obvious symptoms. I'll be happy when his deployment is over.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 03:09 PM

Thanks for responding, pauldavidmena. I wonder... can we assume his mask was ineffective?

Rhetorical question, of course, but given the draconian measures many are being forced to endure, it does give me pause.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 04:44 PM

'The head of a California hospital’s trauma team says his area has seen more death from lockdown suicides than from the pandemic itself.

“We’ve never seen numbers like this, in such a short period of time,” Dr. Mike deBoisblanc of John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, just outside of Oakland, told ABC7 of the apparent mental health crisis.

“I mean, we’ve seen a year’s worth of suicide attempts in the last four weeks,” he told the station.

Walnut Creek is in Contra Costa County, which as of Saturday had recorded 1,296 coronavirus cases, with 36 deaths.'

https://nypost.com/2020/05/24/california-city-has-seen-more-...

[Edited on 5-25-2020 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 05:45 PM
Apples, Oranges and Exits

There is NO valid equivalence between those who choose to hit the exit ramp and those who are forced over the edge by others.

If one decides he/she can't handle the rigors of continued existence ............ Okey-Dokey, Adieu, Hail and Farewell, Bon Voyage and A.M-F.

But, those who put unwilling and unknowing others at risk by their careless and dangerous behavior are would-be Assassins and should be treated as such.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 05:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
There is NO valid equivalence between those who choose to hit the exit ramp and those who are forced over the edge by others.

If one decides he/she can't handle the rigors of continued existence ............ Okey-Dokey, Adieu, Hail and Farewell, Bon Voyage and A.M-F.

But, those who put unwilling and unknowing others at risk by their careless and dangerous behavior are would-be Assassins and should be treated as such.

A lot of ppl would disagree strongly with that. Not everyone has the mental health to deal with the trauma of losing everything.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2020 at 03:42 AM

Everywhere I want to go is wide open wahooooo

IMG_3939 (1).jpeg - 100kB
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2020 at 06:17 AM

Show me one case of a death caused by CV demonstrated by evidence of autopsy showing isolated CV virus and related cause of death, not one case exists anywhere in the world, just, conflation, fabrication, heresy, fantom, exaggeration, collusion to create fear and cause harm to mental, physical and financial health... Sad that plebes follow lemmings to their demise like sardines into the mouths of sharks... Though, you can see why Gates and Faushi could care less for your personal health and are happy to lead you to your own demise, not unlike Columbus or Cortez did to Indigenous People, they seek to kill, destroy for their imminent domain, you are their prey, you are the game and they are the hunter, they will consume you as fast as you let them catch you in their trap, and they are only the scouts for their chiefs, there are many hiding in wait to kill and destroy your tribe if you let them, only one option exists, be prepared.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2020 at 08:37 AM
The Gnudist KNOWS !

What none others know.

There are dark "Fantom" forces at work the world over.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-26-2020 at 12:30 PM

:biggrin:

Yes, but there may be more burros in the barn.... :lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2020 at 07:28 PM
Gnu Knowledge Nonsense

Awhile back, I read a comment that I'm reminded of whenever he Gnudist launches into one of his Dark Forces diatribes:

Conspiracy theory is like a giant hairball. You can pick at individual strands all day long and never make headway unraveling it.

Which is the goal of those Hairball Hawkers like the Gnudist.

Continuously flooding the zone with innumerable "supposed" facts from questionable sources supporting their quirky claims, no matter how many one debates and debunks, the sheer volume remains mountainous and defeating.

Their thinking obviously is that (hopefully) most viewing the stack of "documentary excrement" generated will "assume" truth in the narrative nonsense.

It's Conspiracy Theory 101.

Their irritation, anger and insults directed at those who won't play (and simply poke fun at) their "Tit for Tat, This and That, Yada, Yada" endless back and forth is to be expected and laughed at.

AND, many thanks to those who often disagree and may consider me irascible and acerbic but not an idiot.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 04:58 AM

AND, many thanks to those who often disagree and may consider me irascible and acerbic but not an idiot.

Your input is generally a welcome addition to the conversation.

John
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 06:53 AM

Somebody is grumpy this morning. ^^^

BTW, IMO MrBillM is the best and wittiest writer on this message board.

[Edited on 5-27-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 07:15 AM

A conspiracy theory, is any two people working together in secret for their benefit, which could be any transaction, in fact, conspiracy theory is a conspiracy theory, the term was invented by CIA in order to create cognitive dissonance among plebes who are confronted with truth in regard to government deception.

A couple points for those who can't pay attention to save their lives: We went to Viet Nam supposedly because we were attacked in the Bay of Tonkin, though in truth we never were attacked in Tonkin, that was a lie to get us into war, that killed many people and we achieved nothing. The Ship USS Liberty was attacked by Israel who attempted to blame it on Turkey to incite war, we never retaliated on Israel and accepted it as an error.

We traded arms for drugs with "rebels" in Nicaragua under the direction of Col Oliver North which resulted in death and destruction and a massive influx of crack cocaine to USA, Oliver North still works in the Gov.

We had advance knowledge of the plan to attack Pearl Harbor, news stories were written and printed in advance, but we allowed it to happen and people died so we could justify more war!

All of these debacles are conspiracy facts in the public domain, though many here prefer cognitive dissonance, and fail to see that war is a racket, played by globalists on both sides. Corona Virus is not isolated, not identified as a cause of death by autopsy, the numbers are all over the map, none confirmed, all suspected, not one case of death by Corona Virus is confirmed by Laboratory, though certainly flu-like symptoms exists in some people, though very few, no pandemic has been demonstrated, no apocalyptic catastrophe other than the draconian isolation, and face mask requirement, which are harmful to mental, physical and financial health. The true villains are globalists who preplanned and simulated Event 201 (Component of Agenda 21) with prewritten talking points and plans, for orchestrated pandemic to incite fear, which is the most harmful component to health. Virus is normal, common, thousands of viruses exist in our biosphere and our engagement is our strength, our biodiversity is our strength, we must engage virus in order to survive outdoors, and be strong, with shielding immunity. Faushi and Gates are colluding in a conspiracy to cause great harm for profit, control, pushing the edge of surveillance and control. Anyone who falls for the fraud, is contributing to their own health demise. Go Out. Harumph, cough cough, sneeze, errm errmmm cough cough you sneezer seniors, mind your business and get off my lawn!

[Edited on 5-27-2020 by gnukid]
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 07:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Your input is generally a welcome addition to the conversation.

John

Besides the above accolades I find you articulate and humorous to boot !

Now , my stuff, vary questionable , at best ?

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 07:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
A conspiracy theory, is any two people working together in secret for their benefit, which could be any transaction, in fact, conspiracy theory is a conspiracy theory, the term was invented by CIA in order to create cognitive dissonance among plebes who are confronted with truth in regard to government deception.

A couple points for those who can't pay attention to save their lives: We went to Viet Nam supposedly because we were attacked in the Bay of Tonkin, though in truth we never were attacked in Tonkin, that was a lie to get us into war, that killed many people and we achieved nothing. The Ship USS Liberty was attacked by Israel who attempted to blame it on Turkey to incite war, we never retaliated on Israel and accepted it as an error.

We traded arms for drugs with "rebels" in Nicaragua under the direction of Col Oliver North which resulted in death and destruction and a massive influx of crack cocaine to USA, Oliver North still works in the Gov.

We had advance knowledge of the plan to attack Pearl Harbor, news stories were written and printed in advance, but we allowed it to happen and people died so we could justify more war!

All of these debacles are conspiracy facts in the public domain, though many here prefer cognitive dissonance, and fail to see that war is a racket, played by globalists on both sides. Corona Virus is not isolated, not identified as a cause of death by autopsy, the numbers are all over the map, none confirmed, all suspected, not one case of death by Corona Virus is confirmed by Laboratory, though certainly flu-like symptoms exists in some people, though very few, no pandemic has been demonstrated, no apocalyptic catastrophe other than the draconian isolation, and face mask requirement, which are harmful to mental, physical and financial health. The true villains are globalists who preplanned and simulated Event 201 (Component of Agenda 21) with prewritten talking points and plans, for orchestrated pandemic to incite fear, which is the most harmful component to health. Virus is normal, common, thousands of viruses exist in our biosphere and our engagement is our strength, our biodiversity is our strength, we must engage virus in order to survive outdoors, and be strong, with shielding immunity. Faushi and Gates are colluding in a conspiracy to cause great harm for profit, control, pushing the edge of surveillance and control. Anyone who falls for the fraud, is contributing to their own health demise. Go Out. Harumph, cough cough, sneeze, errm errmmm cough cough you sneezer seniors, mind your business and get off my lawn!

[Edited on 5-27-2020 by gnukid]

This, gnukid, I certainly agree with MOST that you've written..

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 09:46 AM
Sunshine, Fresh Air and Vegetables ?

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

How about Sunshine, Fresh Air and KFC ?

With (usually) Ice Cream if the campground store is open.

Home is where the Heart is and I've followed my Heart to Poppet Flats every 2-3 days regardless of the daily COVID crisis. Among my many obligations are Squirrels to feed. Along with Crow, Mourning Dove, Sparrows y otras. Leaving (usually) chopped apples for the nightly Raccoons. Generally, I only put out something for the Coyotes on the nights that we're camping there.

In any case, those heavy responsibilities to those that have become expecting satisfy (including yesterday) a substantial dose of healthy outdoor recreation. With my trailer due out of the mandated storage en la manana another 30-days will be underway with 2-3 nights there twice each week. Even swimming in the pool if they can maintain that reduced occupancy.

As to the Vegetables ......................... Well, as I said "two out of three ain't bad".

Speaking of Health in Strange times, this a.m. (11:00) is our initial Quarterly Exam over the phone. I can't wait to see what THAT will consist of. I wonder if there's the usual $25.00 Co-Pay ?

BTW, to clear up any misunderstanding over "Gnudist Knowledge of the Dark Forces", I have to admit that I ENJOY Conspiracy Theories. Some, anyway.

As another wrote on a website regarding same:

"Conspiracy Theories are like Ghost Stories for Adults"

And/or, I might add "Sci-Fi fiction"

Mas Tarde. Say Hi to Fox Mulder should you see him.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 10:57 AM

translation.....I'm hiding from "the man"
Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
I intentionally post from 7 variable sources which is a landscape, you are welcome to your own opinion, the reality is that, many geriatric seniors here demonstrate myopia, because what was true in 1950 is not necessarily true now, but that requires evolution of mindset, which is hard. The truth is I am supporting you senile retirees by providing a broad perspective in order to help you along, to see the Korean War is over, Vietnam too, Cuban Missle crisis, Nicaragua, pfft, those were all boondoggles for profit, Arms for Drugs for Profit, even though Reagan said "I didn't know" he did know, Nixon resigned because his team wiretapped one phone, while, Obama wire tapped many, we are on a slippery slope, lazy incurious humans are the virus, lazy nomads who fail to integrate in Baja are harmful to the environment. Baja is beautiful but Nomads are too lazy and incurious and foul mannered to appreciate it's beauty and fail to respect the kind and gentle personality f it's people. If I can help one Nomad look in the mirror and see themselves as they are and make a change to be more kind, open minded and helpful to others, I have done my job. Lazy, Incurious, Loud, Obnoxious, Gringo, Nomads! Pffft
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.