Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: NO BOATS... period.
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 05:23 PM
NO BOATS... period.

Ridiculous. I sure hope our local Mayors grow some huevos because this shut down is beyond stupid.

La Bocana has closed ALL boating activity... EXCEPT the Co-op run Oyster boats making their runs.

[Edited on 4-24-2020 by Feathers]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 05:39 PM

:P

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 05:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
:P
\

Helpful comment! Thanks!
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 06:00 PM

Ya, staying 6' apart in the ocean is real tough ?

At least there are happier fish now.....

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 06:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Ya, staying 6' apart in the ocean is real tough ?

At least there are happier fish now.....

Thank you.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 08:34 PM

Maybe Blanca can intervene and talk some sense into the appropriate officials. Worth a try.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 08:44 PM

This is just the dumbest chit ever.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

queseyo

[*] posted on 4-23-2020 at 08:53 PM

It's that way all over BCS not just La Bocana. Been told that if sailors leave PTO Escondido they can't come back...it's on to another port or :?:
No kayaking, commercial fishing only, the clammers are dodging the patrol boats to fill their bag.
We've decided to run for the border and find something to do up there. Peace out....

"Just remember; we're all here because we're not all there." Unknown Nomad
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 01:44 AM

It is so ridiculous but it is not a rule created by La Bocana, just enforced by them. Probably to avoid families going out in big groups in other towns. How would one enforce commercial trips vs. someone taking "friends" out on a boat?

By the same token, were you to have boat trouble, the cooperative would not be able to help out.

Yesterday, Les went to the grocery store in the morning, his once a week trek, and looked for masks, there were none. In the afternoon he went out to buy a part for the sprinkler system he is installing and got stopped by the police. Where is your mask? They were available at the store and are now required. The flimsiest things I have ever seen. $45 pesos a bag of 5. Not only that, many locals here have kids in other towns who continue to return home from Tijuana/Ensenada with no quarantine. The guys here get together with each other every afternoon and drink up a storm. The Mom of one of my kids went to visit him in La Paz. No one gets the danger and I suppose this is what happened all over the world.

Shore fishing only Feathers but don't blame Dr. Romero!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 04:57 AM

Blanca, I don't blame Romero. I do think it's time for our officials to have a discussion. Treating a sleepy fishing village the same as a bustling metropolis is loco. (IMO)

It's frustrating, but it could be worse. At least we're free to enjoy our desert and beaches. My 2 large dogs would go stir-crazy if I didn't run them daily.

So kayaking is also prohibited, queseyo? I'm glad I don't live in Pto. Escondido!

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 05:33 AM

Perhaps Mexico will have the benefit of what is starting to come to light in other countries like the US.

Exposure to UV light both surface and flesh may be beneficial to slowing down the life of CV-19. So a boat may be just the right place to be for humans.

Exposure to heat (summer temps coming) may also be a death blow to CV-19. So get outdoors in the dry sunshine.

Exposure to each other may have increased the growth of Anti-bodies in those who test positive and exhibit no symptoms. So perhaps socializing is now a benefit. And now large swaths of the population it is said may have those anti-bodies present.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 06:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Perhaps Mexico will have the benefit of what is starting to come to light in other countries like the US.

Exposure to UV light both surface and flesh may be beneficial to slowing down the life of CV-19. So a boat may be just the right place to be for humans.

Exposure to heat (summer temps coming) may also be a death blow to CV-19. So get outdoors in the dry sunshine.

Exposure to each other may have increased the growth of Anti-bodies in those who test positive and exhibit no symptoms. So perhaps socializing is now a benefit. And now large swaths of the population it is said may have those anti-bodies present.

Excellent. I encourage you and all like minded folks to get out and mingle. Hug your liberty loving patriotic bros.Just stay the f out my space.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 07:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  
Ridiculous. I sure hope our local Mayors grow some huevos because this shut down is beyond stupid.

La Bocana has closed ALL boating activity... EXCEPT the Co-op run Oyster boats making their runs.

This is a fine rule given the need to implement public health measures quickly, and for a short period, w/o rule-making-time to survey the boating populace and adjust rules to make every user, cupcake and snowflake happy with the rule.
Once the public health measures are removed or re-evaluated and adjusted, you can go back to boating.
In mean time, seems like minor inconvenience to give up boating for a month or 2.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 08:53 AM
Let There be Light ?

Personal exposure to UV light as an effective defense ?

Yeah, OK, sure.

That would mean that any virus already present on the skin, clothing or personal gear would be subject to rapid degradation.

Of course, IF it's already gotten there ................... OOPS !

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 08:58 AM
Breaking news!

Public nudity is now allowed to maximize exposure to natural UV radiation!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 04:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
How would one enforce commercial trips vs. someone taking "friends" out on a boat?

They could've specified "singe occupant except for essential services and commercial fishing fleet".

Banning kayaks is more ridiculous yet. They are solo, 99% of them.
Feathers
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 07:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
How would one enforce commercial trips vs. someone taking "friends" out on a boat?

They could've specified "singe occupant except for essential services and commercial fishing fleet".

Banning kayaks is more ridiculous yet. They are solo, 99% of them.

I may have to give my kayak a spin.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2020 at 10:56 PM

You are woefully ignorant. The presence of antibodies in no way means one is immune from the virus, nor that they can't infect others. Please don't advocate irresponsible behavior that puts people's lives at risk.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/17/who-issues-warning-on-corona...
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2020 at 05:05 AM

Feathers, we are SOOOO lucky! Great beaches for dogs and peeps.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2020 at 05:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

You are woefully ignorant. The presence of antibodies in no way means one is immune from the virus, nor that they can't infect others. Please don't advocate irresponsible behavior that puts people's lives at risk.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/17/who-issues-warning-on-corona...

Paranoia is on that avocado someone touched before you or that tomato. And then watch out for those re-use bags your not allowed to bring with you anymore. The shopping cart handle will kill you for sure. And what of the silent gas that guy squeaked out walking in front of you, don't breat to deep through that mask! ...did you know Stanford has been asked to do a Covid study of a sampling of poo from the local sewage system?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.