BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: What's the latest with Ensenada restrictions?
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 12:43 PM
What's the latest with Ensenada restrictions?

I saw these articles about Ensenada's approach to try to keep folks safe -

Ensenada block access to city to protect citizens from coronavirus
April 20, SD Union Tribune
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-califo...

South of Ensenada there are 'crazy, tough' covid restrictions
April 27, San Diego Reader:
https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2020/apr/27/stringers-so...

Wondering what Nomads in the area are experiencing?
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
4-28-2020 at 03:05 PM
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 04:57 PM

The 1st link is about Ensenada.

The 2nd article - "South of Ensenada there are 'crazy, tough' covid restrictions" has heading irrelevant to the content because it is about Ensenada again.

At the bottom of this 2nd article there is a link to another article titled "The government of Baja California Sur reminds everyone that no vehicle should drive on city streets, because we are in phase 3 of the coronavirus health emergency" - this is where the crazy restrictions are ;). Though it is not just BCS in phase 3, but the entire Mexico, as announced on April 21.

Different states have worded their restrictions slightly differently. In BCS you may be detained for leaving home without a serious reason like going to work in essential services or to buy necessary supplies and food for your home. Jalisco and Michoacan also enacted arrests for violation of social distancing.
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 05:14 PM

I hope things ease up a bit in a week or two. I have some parts I need to deliver to a friend in Ensenada.

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
tbnoble
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 06:55 PM

We just traveled to San Diego from our home in Socorrito south of San Quintin and weren't even slowed down until we hit Tecate, long border wait on a Tuesday, 1 lane open. Ensenada looked surprisingly like business as usual though there are checkpoints coming from the north to turn back non-residents and tourists. We just show our residency and no problemo. But on the other hand neither San Diego or Ensenada seem to be taking the C-19 seriously both places had crowds in every store and as many cars on the streets as any other time. I guess it isn't serious until the guy next to you dies.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2020 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tbnoble  
We just traveled to San Diego from our home in Socorrito south of San Quintin and weren't even slowed down until we hit Tecate, long border wait on a Tuesday, 1 lane open. Ensenada looked surprisingly like business as usual though there are checkpoints coming from the north to turn back non-residents and tourists. We just show our residency and no problemo. But on the other hand neither San Diego or Ensenada seem to be taking the C-19 seriously both places had crowds in every store and as many cars on the streets as any other time. I guess it isn't serious until the guy next to you dies.

problemo=hurts my ears.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2020 at 07:24 AM

San Diego does not have crowds in stores, and traffic on the highways is blessedly decimated. Sometimes there are lines to get into a grocery store as only so many people are allowed; X's are placed on floor to distance one customer from another at checkout. Signs up to wear a mask inside a store; none of your own bags are allowed into the store; no returns of sales are allowed. There are many more walkers, cyclists and dog walkers on the sidewalks so they distance themselves by jogging and walking their dog in the middle of the street - which causes a lot of forum discussion about who should give right-of-way to whom. On 5/1 everyone will have to wear a mask outside your home. There are a few taking a stand with stay-at-home health orders and organizing rallies in public places, drawing a crowd. Idiots - what do they expect to accomplish.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2020 at 08:43 AM

Does Ensenada close beach parking lots while you can't find a space after 10am in the 500 car parking lots at Costco in San Diego?
Does Ensenada close down open air beaches with massive square footage available while lines of 50+ people standing a few feet apart at Home Depot in El Cajon are shuffled step by step toward the door and then let loose in a store of limited square footage with stagnant air?
Has Ensenada closed off all parking areas that give access to County parks where you can walk in clean fresh air like Mission Trails in Santee?

That 5/1 thing has a caveat to note; Know the fine print so others don't mislead you.

"All San Diego County residents will be required to wear face coverings while in public starting May 1, health officials announced Friday... County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher said a mandate would be added to the public health order that would require anyone to wear a face covering whenever you are within six-feet of a non-household member."

So stay six feet away from others when outside and there's no problem. Pretty much do that anyways. Especially the idiots who don't know their Constitutional rights.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2020 at 09:58 AM

Glad to see you are not going to let something invisible control your life. :rolleyes:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-29-2020 at 10:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

Does Ensenada close down open air beaches with massive square footage available while lines of 50+ people standing a few feet apart at Home Depot in El Cajon are shuffled step by step toward the door and then let loose in a store of limited square footage with stagnant air?

"All San Diego County residents will be required to wear face coverings while in public starting May 1, health officials announced Friday... County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher said a mandate would be added to the public health order that would require anyone to wear a face covering whenever you are within six-feet of a non-household member."

go to home depot early, no lines! or order online!

dont know why san diego people are saying that face coverings are mandatory may 1,... the latest public health order at county website does not require such,... if an order was signed, it sure aint been posted at county website...

paranoidnewbi: el cajon/klantee is now a covid-19 hot spot! stay home!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 4-29-2020 at 12:22 PM

what does the winner here get?:)
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2020 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
what does the winner here get?:)

A ventilator would be appropriate.

I wish they could build a highway around Ensenada. Has never been a fun city and is getting worse:
No more municipal beach in El Sauzal
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-3-2020 at 08:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

dont know why san diego people are saying that face coverings are mandatory may 1,... the latest public health order at county website does not require such,... if an order was signed, it sure aint been posted at county website...

Since nobody else posted the link:
https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs...

"As of May 1, the County is requiring you to wear face coverings in many public settings..."

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-3-2020 at 08:57 PM

el cajon/klantee is now a covid-19 hot spot!

El Cajon yes, Santee - not so much.

Might be # of nursing homes (or similar)? Mira Mesa too.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/96feda7...

santee-sdcounty-zip code2.jpg - 91kB

[Edited on 5-4-2020 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-3-2020 at 11:08 PM

klantee

Unreal.

https://twitter.com/tgilliesADL/status/1257003111371075584

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-4-2020 at 12:15 PM

... is it more likely he pulled that hood out at an opportune moment and had someone take a photo make a statement? The point is, when we fall into a knee jerk reaction where no one else did... we usually come to a wrong conclusion.

If you'd actually researched it further before posting (Google works great), you would've found that your knee jerk reaction posited was the wrong conclusion.

Any new info on Ensenada to share para? Thx.

55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2020 at 12:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
el cajon/klantee is now a covid-19 hot spot!

El Cajon yes, Santee - not so much.

Might be # of nursing homes (or similar)? Mira Mesa too.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/96feda7...

[Edited on 5-4-2020 by BajaNomad]

A voice of reason & research....nice!
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-4-2020 at 08:07 PM

... is it more likely he pulled that hood out at an opportune moment and had someone take a photo make a statement? The point is, when we fall into a knee jerk reaction where no one else did... we usually come to a wrong conclusion.

If you'd actually researched it further before posting (Google works great), you would've found that your knee jerk reaction posited was the wrong conclusion.

Google only works 'great' when you use the right keywords... IF then.

What key words did you use, Doug? Kindly elucidate.

"Klantee" brought me right back to the same ridiculous, unfounded Twitter circle (knee) jerk you and Goat seem so attached to.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 05:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Feathers  

Google only works 'great' when you use the right keywords... IF then.

What key words did you use, Doug? Kindly elucidate.

"Klantee" brought me right back to the same ridiculous, unfounded Twitter circle (knee) jerk you and Goat seem so attached to.

And... since you have deleted relevant posts to the context... no I didn't do the google dance, because the quote of mine you used was directed at another poster who offered no support of google dancing just as you have not Doug. Please provide support for your post (photo link) that seems to be provocative more than helpful.

IF, this was a stupid act by an individual (1, one, solely, get it?) than it is a display by a stupid individual, NOT, a reflection of a town of 58,000 where my black grand kids played little league, coached by a black coach, on the baseball field next to the high school, witnessed by crowds of us whitey's who cheered on all of the kids, black, white, Mexican, Asian.

And as for context pertinent to the thread...Ensenada; You Doug were the one who posted the provocative photo link that led to the context of all the responding posts and then removed those that followed your lead. Just as you will this one.
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 07:32 AM
Seems like the knee-jerk reactions were wrong.

Surprise, surprise. Several Von's employees didapproach the idiot and told him to remove the hood or leave, including the store manager.

Virginia Governor Ralph Northam was unavailable for comment. ;)

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-kkk-grocery-store-shop...
BobbyC
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 07:52 AM

IF, this was a stupid act by an individual (1, one, solely, get it?) than it is a display by a stupid individual, NOT, a reflection of a town...

From the Fox News article:

“So troublesome in so many ways this is still happening in Santee at Vons. Disgusting!”

A simple Google search revealed a long history of news links that clearly demonstrate that Santee has had a problem with strong, unrepentant racism for a long time. And those feelings don't just go away but fester silently, boiling under the surface.

Deal with it.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.