Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: BJ Baldwin Cooperating with Police in Fatal Shooting
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 08:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Who brings a gun to buy a burger with his GF? Why hang around to "dine" if he thinks it's so dangerous. Something's off. Worst date ever.

Anyone that realizes you are responsible for protecting yourself would have their own weapon. Without the gun, the police would be there to document the scenario quite differently. In essence, it comes back to personal responsibility. Thankfully, in the USA you can still protect yourself from pirates like this.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 08:16 AM

If you have a CCW or can legally carry a gun, you do it all of the time, everywhere you go! People get shot eating, walking, getting gas or playing a round of golf. So if you can carry do it all of the time, it's when you don't think you will need it that you will!
If you want to be a sheep, then keep your head down eating grass and hope someone will be around to protect you! There are plenty of people that prefer to defend them self's and eat a burger any place or parking lot you want!
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 09:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
If you have a CCW or can legally carry a gun, you do it all of the time, everywhere you go! People get shot eating, walking, getting gas or playing a round of golf. So if you can carry do it all of the time, it's when you don't think you will need it that you will!
If you want to be a sheep, then keep your head down eating grass and hope someone will be around to protect you! There are plenty of people that prefer to defend them self's and eat a burger any place or parking lot you want!

Well said, Rider!!!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 09:37 AM

BS I've lived my whole life without carrying a gun anywhere. Choose to live in fear if you want. I don't expect anyone to protect me – ever. I was passing through Vegas one time returning from Hwy 93 camping trip (alone, remote camping, no weapons). Stopped at fast food place early AM heading out of LV. While eating inside my car in the parking lot, I saw a duffle bag just feet from my car. I looked inside - it was empty but for a drug user kit. Evidently, a drug deal of some kind had occurred. 2:00 am? No demands, but suspected car-jacking? 15 shots fired – assumedly half by Baldwin – the guy who trains almost every night? Assailants were just feet away? Guy can’t shoot for sh t. This is your hero? Gun obsessed? Pitiful.

Baldwin says: “This person that I got into a gunfight with, his name is Joey and he’s not a bad person,” said Baldwin. “He just got caught up doing some bad stuff and I happened to be in his line of fire.” [Really? or maybe the deal wasn't what you expected.] “Think about that, okay. Somebody comes up to my girlfriend [who's a Glock expert] and putting a gun to my face, with no demands with what appeared to be the intent to kill, murder, rob. He has my respect.” [Oh please] “Because even though he did what he did to me. Put my life in danger, put my girlfriend’s life in danger, put a gun in my face, threatening deadly force, I’ve done a little bit of research, this guy probably had to do what he had to do and I don’t hate him for that.” “I can appreciate him for that and I can respect that. I don’t think he’s a bad person for doing what he did. I don’t hate him, I don’t hold any grudges towards him, even though he tried to kill me, even though he tried to kill Tori [unfounded speculation], I don’t hold any grudges whatsoever.” [Since you killed him] “Now, let this be a lesson to you all. If I can see the good in somebody that just tried to kill me and my girlfriend a few days ago, you should be able to see the good in anyone,” he said. [OMG – now he’s painting himself as altruistic?]

Check out the photos of his weapons – an assault rifle hanging on his wall in his bedroom? CCW permit alter ego for ….?

“He enjoys spending time with his girlfriend and his two young children and riding trails in his UTV or taking his Porsche 911 on fast cruises around the mountain roads outside his hometown of Las Vegas. In his constant quest for better physical fitness, BJ has a passion for eating healthy foods [except that night when the In and Out Urge was the exception] (his favorites are sushi, sukiyaki, and Korean barbecue) and stays active with martial arts and boxing. He also trains with his cherished firearms employing a calculated discipline.” Baldwin says he is almost always armed, usually with his favored Glock nine-millimeter pistol. “With me, if you see me with my pants on, there is a 100 percent chance I have my gun on me,” he says. He does “dry-fire training” every night, he says, and has a total of around 100 firearms in a “war room” in his house. While he enjoys firing AR-15s and larger weapons, the ultimate goal is defense. “I’ve had a concealed-carry permit for 18 years,” he says. “As part of my journey through life I’ve tried to improve myself in a defensive fashion with intelligence and training to become the most dangerous person I can.”

Sounds like a real fun guy.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 09:51 AM

fun guy or not he's still with us!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 09:57 AM

BS I've lived my whole life without carrying a gun anywhere. Choose to live in fear if you want. I don't expect anyone to protect me – ever. I was passing through Vegas one time returning from Hwy 93 camping trip (alone, remote camping, no weapons). Stopped at fast food place early AM heading out of LV. While eating inside my car in the parking lot, I saw a duffle bag just feet from my car. I looked inside - it was empty but for a drug user kit. Evidently, a drug deal of some kind had occurred. 2:00 am? No demands, but suspected car-jacking? 15 shots fired – assumedly half by Baldwin – the guy who trains almost every night? Assailants were just feet away? Guy can’t shoot for sh t. This is your hero? Gun obsessed? Pitiful.

Baldwin says: “This person that I got into a gunfight with, his name is Joey and he’s not a bad person,” said Baldwin. “He just got caught up doing some bad stuff and I happened to be in his line of fire.” [Really? or maybe the deal wasn't what you expected.] “Think about that, okay. Somebody comes up to my girlfriend [who's a Glock expert] and putting a gun to my face, with no demands with what appeared to be the intent to kill, murder, rob. He has my respect.” [Oh please] “Because even though he did what he did to me. Put my life in danger, put my girlfriend’s life in danger, put a gun in my face, threatening deadly force, I’ve done a little bit of research, this guy probably had to do what he had to do and I don’t hate him for that.” “I can appreciate him for that and I can respect that. I don’t think he’s a bad person for doing what he did. I don’t hate him, I don’t hold any grudges towards him, even though he tried to kill me, even though he tried to kill Tori [unfounded speculation], I don’t hold any grudges whatsoever.” [Since you killed him] “Now, let this be a lesson to you all. If I can see the good in somebody that just tried to kill me and my girlfriend a few days ago, you should be able to see the good in anyone,” he said. [OMG – now he’s painting himself as altruistic?]

Check out the photos of his weapons – an assault rifle hanging on his wall in his bedroom? CCW permit alter ego for ….?

“He enjoys spending time with his girlfriend and his two young children and riding trails in his UTV or taking his Porsche 911 on fast cruises around the mountain roads outside his hometown of Las Vegas. In his constant quest for better physical fitness, BJ has a passion for eating healthy foods [except that night when the In and Out Urge was the exception] (his favorites are sushi, sukiyaki, and Korean barbecue) and stays active with martial arts and boxing. He also trains with his cherished firearms employing a calculated discipline.” Baldwin says he is almost always armed, usually with his favored Glock nine-millimeter pistol. “With me, if you see me with my pants on, there is a 100 percent chance I have my gun on me,” he says. He does “dry-fire training” every night, he says, and has a total of around 100 firearms in a “war room” in his house. While he enjoys firing AR-15s and larger weapons, the ultimate goal is defense. “I’ve had a concealed-carry permit for 18 years,” he says. “As part of my journey through life I’ve tried to improve myself in a defensive fashion with intelligence and training to become the most dangerous person I can.”

Sounds like a real fun guy.

BJ Baldwin is a nut job! He may have over-reacted upon seeing a stranger innocently walking across a parking lot. Perhaps the dead guy was shooting in self-defense due to BJ Baldwin or his trigger-happy GF shooting first?
Need some video to reveal the truthiness!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 03:09 PM
Typical stuff from the Keyboard Cowboy

Goat quote...

BJ Baldwin is a nut job! He may have over-reacted upon seeing a stranger innocently walking across a parking lot. Perhaps the dead guy was shooting in self-defense due to BJ Baldwin or his trigger-happy GF shooting first?
Need some video to reveal the truthiness![/rquote]

For a guy that eschews off road racing,
never heard of Curt Leduc
and now you are intimately immersed in the psyche of BJ Baldwin

You are a sad case....
Go back to your keyboard and snipe elsewhere
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 05:58 PM

Lucky for all of us that we live in a country where we can still choose to carry a gun or not, It's a huge personal choice and responsibility whatever your decision is, you might have to live with the outcome however you decide.

Sorry that I let myself get pulled into this conversation, I would rather talk about Baja and the fun stuff!

[Edited on 5-6-2020 by advrider]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 08:24 PM

Who is Curt Leduc?

Don't believe everything you think....
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 09:49 PM
You just NEVER know ................

Better armed than sorry.

I've been carrying various handguns (in CA sans CCW) more often than not since I was a teen and in those six decades on a few occasions I've had reason to be glad and none to be sad.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 09:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Who is Curt Leduc?

The Duke!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2020 at 11:01 PM

I’m pro second amendment and have more guns than time to fire them all. I have known a few people over the years who fit the same profile Baldwin seems to project from this post if it’s accurate. One was an ex Marine sniper who ran a martial arts gym and threatened quite a few people with guns over altercations usually road rage stuff. He wound up shooting and killing a man he could have easily physically overcome sans gun during one of those and is now doing a long stretch in an Oregon State prison. This entire incident with Baldwin is very strange and doesn’t add up. If there is a competent investigation the story may change.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 09:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Who is Curt Leduc?

The Duke!

Never heard of him ....:?:
Who did he shoot?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 09:19 AM

Google provides several links, here is one:
https://ormhof.org/curt-leduc/

If you read my May 2019 trip report, or see the YouTube episodes, you will know he was one of Cameron's guests and my driver during the Trail of Mission Recon filming. His favorite saying is that off road racing is like "turning money into dust"!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 09:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Google provides several links, here is one:
https://ormhof.org/curt-leduc/

If you read my May 2019 trip report, or see the YouTube episodes, you will know he was one of Cameron's guests and my driver during the Trail of Mission Recon filming. His favorite saying is that off road racing is like "turning money into dust"!

That does not answer ged’s question, who did the duke shoot?

Woke!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 09:32 AM

Only you said such a thing, so you answer Ged. It is not true so I provided what is true. You know, like always.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 10:22 AM

I looked up "The Duke" on the intertube and it came up with John Wayne....wrong royal family. He shot up a lot of guys....but only in pretend time.

i don't think the Goat said the off-road guy ever shot anyone....just offered Leduc's nickname....

So much for DK telling the truth :rolleyes:

[Edited on 5-6-2020 by motoged]

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 10:24 AM

Ain't he the hombre that shot Liberty Valance? :biggrin:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 10:28 AM

John Wayne.....an interesting perspective:

John Wayne's righteous machismo, devotion to a cowboy/warrior code and advocacy of the United States' divine right to unfettered expansionism shaped the patriotism and masculinity of countless American males. Theater critic Eric Bentley even believed the psychological effect of Wayne's silver-screen sagas helped launch our involvement in the Vietnam War and that he was "thus the most important man in America."

So writes Garry Wills in "John Wayne's America," his often brilliant analytical study of the pop icon's influence on American cultural history.

Wayne's unwaning true grit and moral view based on political power's growing out of the barrel of a gun won him the admiration of such disparate fans as Emperor Hirohito, Gen. Douglas MacArthur and Newt Gingrich.

Gingrich, commander-in-chief of the GOP's Contract with America, once declared that "Sands of Iwo Jima," with Wayne in his mythic Sergeant Stryker role, "was the formative movie of my life." (Yet, when it came time for young Gingrich to "Saddle up!" and "Lock and Load!" -- Stryker's famous rallying cries -- this "Wayne-idolator" dodged serving in Vietnam, a war Wayne loved and glorified in "The Green Berets.")

Ironically, the supreme silver-screen warrior, who won the West, whipped the Japanese and fought the Viet Cong, himself evaded military service during World War II. Wayne embraced his rising career rather than his beloved nation's colors. This future symbol of right-wing patriotism did all his fighting with blanks on movie sets, worlds removed from shots fired in anger.... :

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-xpm-1997-03-30-9703250092-story.html

[Edited on 5-6-2020 by motoged]

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 10:46 AM

BS I've lived my whole life without carrying a gun anywhere.

Therefore, you will never need to defend yourself in the future by your logic. :?:

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.