Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: BJ Baldwin Cooperating with Police in Fatal Shooting
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 11:29 AM

Ged, you asked "who is Curt LeDuc" and goat answered "The Duke".

You then said you never heard of him and asked who did he shoot?

So, I then answered you with the facts on who Curt is.

Goat then claimed I didn't answer your question, who did he shoot!

It borders on insanity the way you guys spin things. I did not lie and it is very rude for you to say so. Curt LeDuc is a fine guy and most enjoyable to meet.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 01:15 PM

Curt LeDuc is a Off-Road legend winning many SCORE races. His name has come up on this board many times over the years. If you don't know who he is then look him up. Try Google.

He is probably most famous for some of his quotes.

As far as I know Curt LeDuc has never shot anyone.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 01:35 PM

Joey was a 'effed up cat!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/da-fatal-shoot...
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 04:11 PM

Wow, that's a crazy story. His own brother knew he was going to do something stupid.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 06:35 PM

Good to know the rest of the story, I'm sure there was still no need for BJ to have a gun or to kill someone! He should have talked to the perp between shot's and reasoned with him, maybe offered dinner in exchange for not being killed!
BJ never should have stopped for dinner at such a late hour because he should have known nothing good would come from eating in a parking lot that late at night! He would have been just fine if he didn't have a gun, he could have ran and maybe got away or at least lived as a vegetable in a hospital bed!
I'm just guessing this will be the reply from all of the sheep! Good on him, just like he practiced his driving/racing he trained to be proficient with his gun and it sounds like he had a plan if it every happened.
Dry firing every night , he was training to be a killer! No he was training to survive and protect his girlfriend. Sorry got to go, I have some dry firing to do!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 06:41 PM

I did not feel like providing my e-mail and billing info for that news outlet, can someone paraphrase the story?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 06:50 PM

I didn't have to on my end? The brother, other perp said he knew is brother was going to do something dumb because he was refused the purchase of a gun earlier in the day at the same complex.
He said his brother pulled and fired his gun first and that BJ drew and shot him while never firing at the unarmed brother. The brother was later arrested for warrants! O' the dead guys girlfriend showed up before the cops and took the gun but later gave it to police! LOL, good people for sure.

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by advrider]
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 06:54 PM

Word for word.

Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said Monday that the fatal shooting of a man last month by the head of a Las Vegas motorsports company was “a clear case of self-defense.”
BJ Baldwin, president of Baldwin Motorsports in Las Vegas and the son of a gaming executive, was having a fast-food dinner with a woman in a shopping complex parking lot at 9640 W. Tropicana Ave., near Fort Apache Road, early on April 22 when two men approached. An altercation broke out “and gunfire was exchanged,” Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Ray Spencer said previously.
Baldwin shot Joseph Smith, 43, during the exchange.

LOCAL NEWS YOUR WAY

By signing up you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Unsubscribe at any time.

A Las Vegas police report indicates Smith was accompanied by his brother, Kevin Smith, 40. Kevin Smith told police his brother was upset that morning because of a failed attempt to buy firearms from a gun store in the complex.
Prior to the shooting, Kevin Smith said, his brother threw rocks at the gun store’s front window. The siblings left the shopping complex on Tropicana, then later returned on foot, police wrote in the report.
“Kevin had a feeling Joseph was going to do something stupid, but denied knowing what,” the report said.
Kevin Smith said the siblings saw Baldwin and his acquaintance in the parking lot upon their return.

“(Kevin) Smith said Joseph walked up to them, pulled his gun out, pointed it at the female and smiled as he began shooting at the male,” the report said. “Kevin stated Joseph was the first to fire his weapon.”
Kevin Smith told police they did not know the couple.
“Kevin told detectives the white male shot in self-defense and should not be charged,” police said.

Baldwin told police he feared for his life as Joseph Smith approached.
“As Joseph Smith got closer, he turned his firearm toward Baldwin,” the report said. “When Joseph Smith turned his pistol toward Baldwin, Baldwin drew his 9 mm semiautomatic pistol from a holster on his waist and stepped north, taking cover behind a trash can.”
Police said Joseph Smith fired seven times at Baldwin, and Baldwin fired 11 times at Smith. Baldwin said he didn’t know who shot first. Baldwin also said he did not shoot at Kevin Smith, who was unharmed.
Baldwin, who has a concealed weapon permit, then took off with the woman. The woman, while crying, attempted to call 911 and said “we were just in a” and hung up, police said. The pair then drove to the house of Baldwin’s father, Bobby Baldwin, chairman and CEO of Drew Las Vegas, a Strip resort set to open in 2022.
There they contacted an attorney, who called 911.
Police said Joseph Smith’s girlfriend showed up at the scene and found her boyfriend dead. The woman reportedly placed his firearm in her vehicle but later pointed police to it. There was no indication in the police report that she was arrested or charged.
Kevin Smith was eventually arrested on a warrant. Las Vegas Justice Court records show he is charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 07:26 PM

Thanks for the transcript! I could not get past a "subscribe now" to continue reading notice.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
del mar
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 08:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by advrider  

Dry firing every night , he was training to be a killer! No he was training to survive and protect his girlfriend.

Which it took him 11 shots to do?

Yeah, I understand it's hard in the heat of a situation but...

but what? you been shot at?
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 08:22 PM

Go out and try shooting on the move or after running a 100 yard sprint. Let alone when someone is shooting back at you. Most shootings happen at 3-7 yards, last 3-5 seconds and will have 3-5 rounds fired, will be instinctive because you wont have time to use the sights, then when the target is moving adds that much more.
It's a lot to take in, in a very short time. I've taken part in force on force training, even when you know the gun is firing paint rounds it scares the chit out of you and effects your fine motor skills.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 08:33 PM

Dry firing every night , he was training to be a killer! No he was training to survive and protect his girlfriend.

How many shots hit the deceased?
Did bj change clips during the shootout?
How many shots did bj fire after the deceased fell?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 08:35 PM

That video confession by bj was creepy. Wtf did he post that nonsense?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

del mar
Banned

[*] posted on 5-6-2020 at 08:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
That video confession by bj was creepy. Wtf did he post that nonsense?

WTF do you?
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 05:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

but what? you been shot at?

Pistols are not accurate...the shooter is. Add to that, accuracy falls off rapidly every incremental additional foot of distance.

I've watched an incredible competitive shooter and the tension of her efforts causes her to almost collapse with the concentration level it takes to hit a target at distant range. She often disengaged her target after holding her aim for 20 seconds and shook herself out of the state she was in.

The only thing that saved this BJ person was the time he spent with his firearm...I'm sure he was also thinking of the time he wanted to have with his girl; a lifetime.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 06:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

How many shots hit the deceased?
Did bj change clips during the shootout?

How many shots did bj fire after the deceased fell?

Clips are something girls use in their hair, gun's use magazines.

Enough shots hit him to stop the threat, often a person will fire until the gun goes click from the adrenalin dump. Do you think you fire one round and wait to see the results as someone is shooting at you?

With his training I would be surprised if he didn't make a tactical reload or speed reload regardless if his magazine was empty or not, you never know if the fight is over or if the other guy is coming back with a gun! Often times handgun rounds do not kill, rifles rounds are another story!

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by advrider]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 07:38 AM
Ammunition CLIPS ................

I've never met one, but some girls may use them to curl their hair. They are generally designed tp store and (strip) load rounds into the weapon's fixed internal or detachable external magazine.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 07:56 AM

There are "stripper clips", as used to load Mausers, SKS, etc. Many military rifles with internal magazines load that way.

John

[Edited on 5-7-2020 by John Harper]
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 08:18 AM

I agree with both of you if we are talking rifles but I think BJ was using a hand gun. Sorry I was being a little technical smartass.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2020 at 08:58 AM

I agree with both of you if we are talking rifles but I think BJ was using a hand gun. Sorry I was being a little technical smartass.

I had a Broomhandle Mauser pistol that loaded with stripper clips.

John
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.