Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Bringing furniture to Baja
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2023 at 09:38 AM

Decades ago I made the point to cross at the TJ border very early in the morning before the night crew would get off when I was bringing stuff down for my place on the East Cape.

The border guys had had a long night and were ready to go home and were not in the mood to hassle anyone.

I had stuff piled up to the ceiling inside and a few feet high on a roof rack. In fact, it was a solar system with panels, a tracker, gel cell batteries, a 12v to 120 volt converter, etc.

Nothing was hidden and could not be anyway in that Montero at the time. Sailed right on through.

I doubt that would still happen, but who knows? Timing is everything.

Now back to the topic of today and not 30 years ago. There were some good old days in those good old days. Peace love and fish tacos to all who love Baja.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-14-2023 at 10:41 AM
"Good old days"

My Baja "good old days" were in 1986 when I spent a month exploring it with my family. If my son is able to join me this year with his kids, it will be my grandchildren's "good old days"!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 9-23-2023 at 08:44 AM

Hey Suzanna, where is you property located in Baja?

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2023 at 06:48 AM

Last year i crossed at Mexicali east with several 5 gallon buckets of rather expensive tractor oil and filters. The young lady working knew exactly what she was looking at and its value. I was impressed with her knowledge and abilities.

Back in in the late 70s, i was entering Belize from Mexico with a friend who had a huge doughnut making machine. It took up most of the pickup bed. He told the customs guy it was a heart/lung machine for a sick friend and successfully avoided duty. He opened the countries first doughnut shop in Belize City which was a huge success.

[Edited on 9-24-2023 by pacificobob]

[Edited on 9-24-2023 by pacificobob]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.