BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: CBX heading South ?
Brett858

[*] posted on 6-1-2020 at 11:58 AM
CBX heading South ?

Have a TJ to Loreto flight scheduled 6/16 - haven't been able to get a straight answer - can you use the CBX crossing from San Diego to the TJ airport at this time ? Their message says there are no restrictions heading south, but all crossers must fill out a questionnaire...
geraldalexander7
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2020 at 03:56 PM
CBX Status

I have been using CBX frequently for the last couple years. This is an email I received 5/5/20:

Dear Passengers,

We would like to take this opportunity to send you our warm regards and reiterate that your safety is our top priority. That is why we recommend that you follow the instructions of the appropriate authorities and stay at home when possible. If you must travel for an essential reason, CBX is still open and will continue to operate to facilitate your travel needs.

CBX continues operating in accordance with federal policies and procedures of the United States and Mexico, in compliance with the instructions issued to combat the COVID-19 pandemic by the World Health Organization. Therefore, and until further notice, CBX continues to limit northbound travel to those traveling for essential reasons. "Non-essential" includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature.

In addition, CBX will suspend northbound operations (Tijuana to San Diego), from midnight to 8 a.m. daily, beginning May 10, in alignment with air service schedule changes at the Tijuana International Airport. Our southbound operation (San Diego to Tijuana) will continue to operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For up-to-the-minute information please visit our website www.crossborderxpress.com and/or social networks.

We also recommend that you stay in close communication with your airline; regularly check the status of your flight and stay informed of any other important security measures you may need to comply with. It is important you plan for additional travel time to avoid any setbacks.

These are uncertain and difficult times, many plans have been postponed or cancelled and many challenges have risen along the way. However, we are confident that once we move past this, we will be stronger than before and ready to once again share with you great travel experiences. For the time being, we will continue to abide by the necessary measures and stay at home orders that have been put in place so that we may soon be reunited. Thank you for your trust, we are in this #TogetherStepByStep.

Sincerely,

Jorge Goytortua Bores
Cross Border Xpress CEO

Facebook.com/Gerald Beltran
Casas & Condos for rent in La Paz...$100US per/month.....Daily & weekly rates also.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2020 at 04:55 PM

Apparently they treat Southbound CBX as "air travel", thus non-essential are allowed.
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2020 at 02:40 PM

I just used the CBX crossing last Thursday. I flew from TJ to Los Cabos on Volaris. I had to fly down to deal with some issues at my house so I masked up and just went for it. Over all it was pretty sanitary, relatively uncrowded and safe feeling. Just about everyone wore masks and practiced distancing etc. Well except for that one macho dude in the wife beater shirt and no mask. I think it is the same guy all over the world.

At no point was I asked the purpose of my trip. I crossed on my permanent resident card and my neighbor used a tourist visa. No issues.

Our house is off grid down a dirt road so the feeling here is pretty mellow. Before we drove out we did all the necessary stops in town and all stores were requiring masks and often gave your hands a squirt with cleanser when you entered. Hotel row was a ghost town.

Oh, the questionnaire was regarding medical status, fever, cough etc.

[Edited on 6-2-2020 by El Jefe]

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.