BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Cruise ships departing Cabo?
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-19-2020 at 08:11 PM
Cruise ships departing Cabo?

Are there cruise ships departing Cabo? I know there are normally plenty of cruises that stop in Cabo on the way somewhere else, but is it possible to embark from there?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-19-2020 at 08:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
Are there cruise ships departing Cabo? I know there are normally plenty of cruises that stop in Cabo on the way somewhere else, but is it possible to embark from there?

Why not?
Check the cruises lines...

FYI, no cruises going on right now. Cruise industry has shut down. I can’t imagine them resuming until 2021, after there is an effective therapy or vaccine. The only people foolish enough to cruise at this time are the anti-science wingnuts, anD they are all in Tulsa this weekend for the big chit show

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2020 at 09:25 PM

There’s a Carnival ship that just arrived in Cabo San Lucas today.

I also saw a Holland-America Line ship in La Paz last week. Looked like it was not in service.

Otherwise I agree with you regarding the anti-science crazies.

[Edited on 6-20-2020 by BigBearRider]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2020 at 05:10 AM

Take the thousands you would spend on a cruise and but stock in Cruise Ships now!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2020 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Take the thousands you would spend on a cruise and but stock in Cruise Ships now!

You would have the first half of the buy low, sell high dictum covered.

There have been two large cruise ships sitting off of San Diego bay since we returned in mid-May, rusting away, sucking up money. Sorta adds to the view. I'll let you know when they move. I'm sure they will.......someday.

Of course, they could be moving to the port the buyers prefer after they bought them at the bankruptcy proceedings.

But I have no idea how much cash the cruise companies have at hand and if they can service their debts during the pandemic.

[Edited on 6-20-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2020 at 07:41 AM

There are still thousands of cruise ship employees stuck at sea, not allowed to dock because of port shut-downs and confirmed COVID cases on the ship. That Cabo ship might have been the Oosterdam which has not been allowed to let employees disembark and repatriate to their home countries. It might have come into port to refuel. (PS: I checked cruisesonly.com, and there are no cruises that depart Cabo.)
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2020 at 07:47 AM

The Cabo ship is a Carnival ship. The La Paz ship is a something-dam. I only noted it’s not the Zaandam.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2020 at 08:03 AM
Today

Things Look Grim For Carnival Corporation & Plc (NYSE:CCL) After Today's Downgrade

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/things-look-grim-carnival-cor...

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
6-20-2020 at 09:45 AM
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2020 at 10:25 AM

On last Tuesdays Costco trip the bay of Cabo was empty! It was a beautiful view after 10/15 years of Cruise ships obstructing a beautiful Bay and Lands End. Many here in BCS hoping they don't show up for another few months in order to help protect from the Virus.
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 6-20-2020 at 11:59 AM

Here's some info...

https://www.diarioelindependiente.mx/2020/06/llega-crucero-c...
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2020 at 02:21 PM

Maybe the scrap metal industry would be a better bet.

John
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2020 at 04:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Maybe the scrap metal industry would be a better bet.

John

Wife and I sat down and phoned our investment counsel early on into the Stock crash. He apologized for the delay in speaking with us but he was overwhelmed with those selling out. He told us our portfolio was well balanced and all in all we had suffered a very low percentage of loss compared to the market.

We laughed and said we were not entertaining a sell out and he complemented us on our easy attitude and told us he wished the others would do as we were doing.

We kept our stocks and watched as things went south. Well Ya Know What? We had stocks that went back up BECAUSE WE HAD STOCKS! Those others...they didn't have any stocks and if they wanted them they would have to pay more for them than they sold for!!

We are now better positioned than when things were 'good'.

And by the way John...I give my scrap metals (recyclable's) to fools who don't have any stocks. I can set a bag aside if you are in need.

Inside secrets here:
Airlines are pulling their parked (in desert) planes back out of storage because of renewed demand. Buy
RV manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up with demand and the used RV market is incredibly hot right now. Buy
Internet search hits for Cruise lines are spiking...

Eyes wide open.:O

[Edited on 6-21-2020 by paranewbi]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2020 at 05:11 AM

And by the way John...I give my scrap metals (recyclable's) to fools who don't have any stocks. I can set a bag aside if you are in need.

I see nothing has changed with you. Still a cornhole.

John
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2020 at 11:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
...the used RV market is incredibly hot right now.
Result of the upcoming avalanche of evictions?

Could be because a large segment of the RV market, retirees, didn't lose their jobs.;)

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2020 at 12:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

I see nothing has changed with you. Still a cornhole.

John

Yep John and still calling out those who haven't got a clue.

On other topics... The RV sales are hot because people are wanting to experience a taste of freedom after being imprisoned by their government. As well, it's an alternative for those who don't wish to fly or can't book a cruise right now. Buddies who have RV sales floors are working overtime. Check out advertisements for low inventory lots requesting to buy up any RV's for sale.

Look for patterns developing and invest wisely...Stocks aren't about today, their about future insights.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2020 at 02:09 PM

You couldn't pay me to take a cruise, ever.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2020 at 02:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Me neither! Lamest way to travel ever. Those floating incubators have been sickening peeps for decades and the people who use them make walmart customers look normal:lol:.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2020 at 05:15 PM

Great responses, Guys!

I took an Alaska cruise about 10 years ago. I was somewhat shocked when I realized that the average age was about double mine. But, it turned out to be an awesome experience. It’s nice to be transported to a new place while sleeping. I’ve taken a cruise or two in Europe as well, and it was similarly positive.

I’d do another in Mexico or the Caribbean if given the opportunity.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-21-2020 at 05:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Me neither! Lamest way to travel ever. Those floating incubators have been sickening peeps for decades and the people who use them make walmart customers look normal:lol:.

Closed minds!

I did Alaska cruise with extended family when kids were toddlers. Was good time, easy way to travel for multi-generation trip.
Did a river cruise in Europe, was great trip.
Did the Alaska ferry a couple times, great trips (though perhaps this is not a real cruise).
Friends do the “Jam Cruise” every year, sounds like fun.
I would like to do a cruise to Antarctica, seems like the only way to see the place.
Several of the San Diego sport fishing boats run winter trips to cruise baja, naturalist trips to see various areas of baja, look like fun trips, I suppose these are cruises, though they are small, just 20 customers

I don’t see an attraction to cruises in tropics, or Mexico, on the big cruise ships, but there many cruises are fun way to see the world

[Edited on 6-22-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-22-2020 at 12:55 PM

"Me neither! Lamest way to travel ever."
If you've never been on a cruise, then how do you know what you're talking about. What you're saying is, your prejudice is foreclosing your decision. So why would anyone care about your feckless opinion?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.