BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: INDIAN LABOR AT THE CALIFORNIA MISSIONS SLAVERY OR SALVATION?
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 6-29-2020 at 04:46 PM
I seriously doubt it

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Wondering if BLM people will want to tear down missions in Baja.

Not BLM, Larry. The BLM is concerned about equal treatment under the 4th Amendment and not searching for missions to destroy or damage. You would have to ask what the 'N8V' activists what their opinion of the missions is. But, I doubt they want to damage the missions, either.

[Edited on 6-29-2020 by Ken Cooke]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-29-2020 at 05:56 PM
Lessons from the Past

Given the current "Bend Over and Spread the Cheeks" we're seeing from elected and appointed officials, the most important lesson that we can learn from the past comes from the Wild West days when personal defense was, in fact, PERSONAL.

With it becoming likely that we'll be on our own when the mob shows up ............ Lock and Load.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 6-29-2020 at 09:19 PM

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 07:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Given the current "Bend Over and Spread the Cheeks" we're seeing from elected and appointed officials, the most important lesson that we can learn from the past comes from the Wild West days when personal defense was, in fact, PERSONAL.

With it becoming likely that we'll be on our own when the mob shows up ............ Lock and Load.

so: you want to shoot black & brown people because they are tearing down statues tied to slavery and suppression!

wow?
and using a gun is how you will defend your white privilege! thats remarkable!
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 07:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

so: you want to shoot black & brown people because they are tearing down statues tied to slavery and suppression!

wow?
and using a gun is how you will defend your white privilege! thats remarkable!

1st Question Caj13- Why do you assume MrBill is white?

2nd Question Caj13- Why do you assume all of the anarchists that are destroying property are Black or Brown?

3rd Question Caj13- It seems to me he is referring to defending his property by force. Do you think that is not reasonable?

Finally, it doesn’t look to me like MrBill is referring to anything in a racial manner. You on the other hand are trying to make it about race.

Look in the mirror and try to make some improvements for society as a whole, pretty please.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 08:08 AM
Well, Shoot !

I don't want to shoot anyone !

However, having "been there and done that" (including South L.A. 1965), I am fully-prepared (and well-equipped) to deal directly with ANY lawless activity which may endanger myself, my wife, my dog and ANY property.

IF we can no longer depend on the delegated law-enforcement personnel to provide safety and order, we have the right and responsibility to defend ourselves, our property AND an orderly law-abiding society.

NO lawless destruction should be tolerated no matter what the target. Mob activity has no legitimate rationale in our representative constitutional society and should not be tolerated. It certainly won't be tolerated by me.

NO goal justifies this anarchist behavior.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 09:20 AM

I don't want to shoot anyone ! .

i don't agree. throughout history events have demanded revolution (anarchist behavior) to bring about change.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 09:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBill  

So, when we need patriots to help toss chests of tea into Boston Harbor, I guess we can count you out?

John

[Edited on 6-30-2020 by John Harper]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 09:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
I don't want to shoot anyone ! .

i don't agree. throughout history events have demanded revolution (anarchist behavior) to bring about change.

What a shameful comparison. You probably should familiarize yourself with the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
But until then, I hope you appreciate your local police force. If you still have one.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

So, when we need patriots to help toss chests of tea into Boston Harbor, I guess we can count you out?

John

Do you consider yourself a “patriot”?
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

Castle Doctrine is our friend...

It's the ability to perform application of the law that counts. Look at the lines outside the gun stores.

The indigenous peoples of Baja didn't have the ability.

The anarchists today will know we do.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

John

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Hey, how did you generate those opening/closing quote marks around "patriot"? :smug:

I used my fingers. You know, the same thing you use to pull up your skirt.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:33 AM
You Can Count on ME !

:saint:To defend whatever that I think is necessary to defend with whatever means that I think necessary to do so.

Mobs of the sort we have witnessed once again have NEVER been satisfied by appeasement and acquiescence. Their actions will only be curtailed by such violence as may be necessary to instill fear within their anarchist ranks. We saw that in the '60s and the '70s. Unfortunately, we're going to have to learn that lesson again.

Fortunately (I suppose), I've reached that period in life where I'm still shooting a good group, but need not concern myself with long-term negative consequences.

BTW, anyone who would attempt to equate the current mob lawlessness with the actions which led to 1776 would do well to spend some time reading more about those Loyal English Subjects striving to attain their equal rights of representation as English Subjects. ONLY when that became unattainable did they decide upon separation.

Interestingly, the Boston Tea Party act itself was the subject of great disagreement among the activists over the proposed destruction of private property. Private Property rights being something considered so fundamental that Benjamin Franklin wanted Jefferson to include it in the Declaration of Independence.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:38 AM

John

I'd toss the first chest of tea over the side.

John
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:52 AM

John

I'd toss the first chest of tea over the side.

John

It is good to stand for something. Many people dont.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:58 AM

Anarchy is the absence of government. The Boston Tea Party was staged to give us a representative government.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 12:16 PM

This would be a great time to remember the Civil War in Spain. Spanish population in 1936 was around 25 million deaths from the Civil War range from 500K to 2+ Million and then there are the missing that have never been found, a much higher number! To this day 80 years later the Civil War is still a major topic of discussion in Spain.

The definitive reads are, “For Whom The Bell Tolls” (Fiction) and “The Spanish Civil War - Revised Edition” (History)!

Those who wish to count fellow Americans with differing Political Beliefs as “the enemy” should read and reflect on what Spain endured and is still dealing with 80 years later!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Anarchy is the absence of government. The Boston Tea Party was staged to give us a representative government.

I would wager that an insignificant few of the current protesters consider themselves anarchists. It's just the same old labeling and demonizing by the right of generally peaceful protests.. These protests are about justice, not anarchy. You sound like a broken record.

John

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 12:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
I used my fingers. You know, the same thing you use to pull up your skirt.

Uncalled for. :(

no to mention rather dick-ish......but if that is all ya got........
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.