Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  10
Author: Subject: Covid-19 deaths in USA fall to the lowest levels since March
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:26 AM

[Edited on 6-30-2020 by BajaNomad]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:30 AM

[Edited on 6-30-2020 by BajaNomad]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 10:53 AM

I rest my case! “Hate in the time of COVID”! May the God you don’t believe in have mercy on us all!
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 12:59 PM

Number of cases means nothing. Average daily deaths on that rolling seven-day average and average ICU admissions might tell you more about the state of things. Number of "cases" tends to reflect testing more than anything else.

I have no idea what the data is right now, but if you see a huge average daily spike in deaths - that's a different story altogether.

Life is good...
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 01:45 PM
Fear and Loathing in the time of Trump

It's loathe rather than loath.

" True Conservatives may loathe Trump, but are loath to see him defeated. "
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 03:18 PM

SIRI doesn’t know from Verbs (e) and Adjectives (not)! It also doesn’t know between “its” and “its”! You can’t turn it off either! I had a CPM based word processor back in 1980 that was about as good. It checked spelling without trying to tell you what you mean which was better!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 11:29 PM

Travelers from the United States and Mexico are listed under the 'Substantial Restrictions' column of the 'Comparative Restrictions Worldwide' chart shown across multiple worldwide jurisdictions.

Source: https://www.natlawreview.com/article/global-solutions-episod...
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 01:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
There is such an outcry against a relatively minor percentage of deaths attributed to a contaigon juxtaposed against a great percentage of children aborted without a thought by you and those who shed tears over a virus.

[Edited on 6-30-2020 by paranewbi]

I sincerely commend you on all the help you have given to others.

However, the problem with your statement above, is that "children" are not aborted. Fetuses are aborted. They aren't referred to as babies or children for a reason- because they aren't.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 05:00 AM

If these anti-abortion people put half their effort into promoting birth control and sex education as they do to trying to outlaw legal abortion rights they might find one issue solves the other.

Americans clearly do not like their "rights" infringed on, whether it's firearms, or personal health decisions (masks and abortions).

John
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 05:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
There is such an outcry against a relatively minor percentage of deaths attributed to a contaigon juxtaposed against a great percentage of children aborted without a thought by you and those who shed tears over a virus.

[Edited on 6-30-2020 by paranewbi]

I sincerely commend you on all the help you have given to others.

However, the problem with your statement above, is that "children" are not aborted. Fetuses are aborted. They aren't referred to as babies or children for a reason- because they aren't.

Ah, the old 'terms mean what we decide' switcheroo. So a woman is no longer pregnant with 'child'? And that 'baby' shown on your sonogram is just and organism?

Some of us think life begins at conception, just as evil is conceived in the mind, not when it manifests itself. Even our legal system accounts 'intent' as part of a criminal act.

When two elements come together within the womb the biological intent is to combine and reproduce... no matter what you want to call it, the act of reproduction is intent on producing you. But you beat that 25% odds of being expelled. Yea!

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 05:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
If these anti-abortion people put half their effort into promoting birth control and sex education as they do to trying to outlaw legal abortion rights they might find one issue solves the other.

Americans clearly do not like their "rights" infringed on, whether it's firearms, or personal health decisions (masks and abortions).

John

Billions of dollars have been dedicated to birth control and sex ed John, ignorance still abounds. And with all of that effort the numbers still increase.

Rights come with acceptance of the consequences. Unless your a product of the 'entitled' generation which now defines 'rights' as entitlements.

And then you equate the government edict to wear masks with abortions? Ever hear the word 'convoluted' John? You accept being told you can't go to a bar, the beach, congregate (unless your 'protesting'), have a family holiday gathering, attend a venue of worship, or even leave your house, and you must cover your mouth to avoid a biological exchange by spewing a fluid from you body (and in some places be fined for not doing so)?

Yet you would never accept being told to cover your little baby-maker, or suffer a consequence, and in fact the government will actually help you out of the consequences of your actions. Oh yea, the sanctity of the bedroom!

Let the name calling begin...
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 09:13 AM
A Complicated Question

Setting aside the "Bible" while discussing the abortion, it is still a complicated one involving diametrically-opposing interests and moral values. Given that, it is a debate which will never be resolved. Depending on the political balance at any given time, one side or the other will dominate the legal position with the other side unswayed in opposition and determined to swing the political weight back their way.

Personally, given my lifelong generally negative view of children and the fact that both sides have salient points in their favor, I've withdrawn from favoring either position.

As I've said many times (well many, many, many), "there's a lot to be said for kids. Unfortunately, almost all of it bad."

But, that doesn't necessarily mean that we should kill them before they get a chance to prove that they might be one of the few worthwhile.

Decisions, decisions.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Setting aside the "Bible" while discussing the abortion, it is still a complicated one involving diametrically-opposing interests and moral values. Given that, it is a debate which will never be resolved. Depending on the political balance at any given time, one side or the other will dominate the legal position with the other side unswayed in opposition and determined to swing the political weight back their way.

Personally, given my lifelong generally negative view of children and the fact that both sides have salient points in their favor, I've withdrawn from favoring either position.

As I've said many times (well many, many, many), "there's a lot to be said for kids. Unfortunately, almost all of it bad."

But, that doesn't necessarily mean that we should kill them before they get a chance to prove that they might be one of the few worthwhile.

Decisions, decisions.

Succinctly; We pick and choose our poison.
Doesn't mean we have to swallow what others choose.
And it will never mean I have to swallow what the Government says I have to.

And it seems a lot of people are chokin' that down without thinking.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 11:27 AM

Murder a pregnant woman and you get charged with TWO homicides.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 11:55 AM
Considering Consequences

One wonders whether those pondering the killing of a Pregnant Woman takes that additional count into consideration ?

Ya Think ?
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 12:44 PM

Billions of dollars have been dedicated to birth control and sex ed John, ignorance still abounds. And with all of that effort the numbers still increase.

Yet you would never accept being told to cover your little baby-maker, or suffer a consequence.

So, outlawing abortion will cure ignorance? Who knew. I thought unplanned pregnancies in the US were already at a record low?

If you're worried about other countries abortion rates, what do you expect us to do? Other countries are sovereign nations, what do you suggest we do? Bomb them until they outlaw abortions? Starve them into submission?

Also, I do practice safe sex (per government approved methods) which according to you is submitting to government control? I sure has hell don't want nor need an unwanted pregnancy, don't need the government to compel me about the consequences.

Wearing a mask is just "common sense" for a highly communicable disease transmitted by air, suggested by healthcare officials worldwide. What possible problem do you have with that? Is it that much of an imposition?

You have a "right" not to use "common sense?" What possible advantage is that to anyone?

Is this really the hill you "freedom" and "rights" people want to die on?

Why not the epic battle over reusable grocery bags versus the "freedom" and "right" to use disposable plastic bags? That crusade not as big an imposition of government power as wearing masks to you?

Pick your battles. Or, troll away.

John

[Edited on 7-1-2020 by John Harper]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 07:54 PM

July 1, 2020.

The United States on Wednesday saw a record number -- 48,477 -- of new coronavirus cases reported in a single day, according to data complied by Johns Hopkins University.

Wednesday's total eclipses the previous high of new cases reached on June 26, when 45,255 new coronavirus cases were reported across the US.

It took a little more than two months for the US to record its first 48,000 cases, the university's data says.

There have been 2,683,894 cases of coronavirus in the country, according to Johns Hopkins University. More than 128,000 people have died.

Woke!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 12:37 AM

[Edited on 6-30-2020 by paranewbi][/rquote]
When two elements come together within the womb the biological intent is to combine and reproduce... no matter what you want to call it, the act of reproduction is intent on producing you.
[/rquote]

I've got news for you. Women have been aborting unwanted children forever and will be forever. Even primitive tribes had herbs they used for abortion. Women have been so desperate that they go for back-room abortions where they end up with sepsis and die. Is that preferable to you than safe procedures in a sterile environment? Because that's what will happen if legal abortion isn't available.
Or does your "pro-life" stance only extend to those who you deem entitled to live?
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 02:29 PM

And you know Caj.... a day ago I was asked what I had done for diminishing the use of abortion and I recounted a list of my actions for the poser on this thread.
The only response was I was called 'a real mother Theresa'.

Well if you didn't take notice. I have posted that my wife is a Covid Nurse and tends to Covid patients several days a week. She was just tested yesterday, again, and we are thankful she came up negative (although she would desire to be building up anti-bodies if possible).

She lays it on the line everyday to give comfort to those who are sick and we both know, as my family does, if she passed from her efforts, we would all celebrate her life.

Some of our children and grandchildren are also of that mind in their personal lives and I'm proud that we walk the walk and don't just talk.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 05:18 PM

Now that hospital patients are getting younger in average age, watch for the phrase "cytokine storm" in news reports. It's what killed young/middle-aged adults in great numbers during the second wave of the 1918 flu pandemic.

[Edited on 7-3-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.