Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
If you are vaccinated you really should go. If you want stay clear of ppl for extra safety. Life is short and tomorrow is not promised.

Lets make sense. Paul says he usually goes South in February and is planning for next year. NEXT YEAR? And JZ jumps on it and sez ''you really should go.'' Go next year?

Hey Paul. It's wishful thinking planning anything right now. You'll really be planning an 11th hour escape at the end of the year or longer.

And then there's the local attitude. Any bets on what the locals in Bocana or Asuncion will think if you show up next week? You guys are a riot.

How do you know I don't have a place in La Bocana? Quite a few transactions recently...

I live in Mexico and am integrated into the community. If I go north for a visit in Summer, I go south by August or September. because I love the change of seasons from September to October to November, I really enjoy all the seasonal changes, especially Spring.

A community is made up of people who choose to live in a geographic location, contribute, work together and survive, people who choose to live in La Bocana will be there working together, visitors who are staying short term will be there working together, some will stay, some will leave and some will never leave.

The people who choose La Bocano as their home can do whatever they want, they stay inside or go outside, go fishing, surfing, kiteboarding, wing foiling, off roading, hiking and biking, work on projects and build a house etc.

We know that fresh air and sunshine are among the best immune system boosters.

This pandemic has been a test to know who is truly community, family, loved ones and who is a true friend. I'm sticking with all of the above.

Its time some of you lighten up with the idea that anyone beside yourself is responsible for your health, start now to contribute to both personal and community health with fresh food farming and enjoy the benefits of community, gardens, and communal cooking.

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by gnukid]
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Why the Vaccinated Are Still at Risk From Coronavirus
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-22/why-the-v...

Apparently Bloomberg agrees with what I wrote before reading it. Vaccines are less effective against the variants, and some people are dumb - they are supposed to take precautions for 2 weeks after vaccination.

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

How COVID Vaccines May Harm Your Health
https://undercurrents723949620.wordpress.com/2021/06/13/how-...

This is the writing by the NVIC founder. An Upside Down Doctor, The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation, and other honorary titles. I wonder what other useless cr-ap can be found reading through other ghukid links, and am glad that I didn't. Such a waste of time.

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by Alm]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

This is the writing by the NVIC founder. An Upside Down Doctor, The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation, and other honorary titles. I wonder what other useless cr-ap can be found reading through other ghukid links, and am glad that I didn't. Such a waste of time.

Make a specific point, highlight your objection, your post is simply emotional expression and does not give anyone any idea what you are objecting to, or what you think and why. Why not take a moment to make a clear statement to highlight your idea (thesis), with supporting statements, summary and sourced articles, and drop the emotion.

The topic at hand, is that the CDC/FDA have withdrawn the only test commonly in use for SARS2 in humans, meaning there has never been a valid test I use for SARS2 in humans. Nor has there been unique isolation of SARS2 from a human, demonstrating it exists and grows, while causing symptoms of illness.

The vaccine (while not actually vaccine) is experimental, unauthorized, untested on high risk demographics, and has high numbers of adverse affects, injuries, and deaths without demonstratable efficacy.

The lack of evidence to support the vaccine, in combination with the mounting evidence of fraud, lack of evidenced based decision making, flip-flopping, ignoring traditional medical best practices in prevention and treatment, have resulted in large numbers of injury and deaths.

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by gnukid]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 04:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
One set is about graphene in masks and vaccines. Graphene is a relatively new, exotic material made out of carbon, and the other set is about breakthrough infections/illnesses.

It's not clear that graphene is something to worry about but breakthrough infections certainly are.

Some Chinese companies have been known to use graphene. This and other warnings about masks are for people who wear it all day long. Retiree spending time outdoors in unpopulated area, going indoors only for shopping or doctor's visit, can afford to (and should) use N95 mask. Buy 3M, they are high standard, no graphene there. I usually air it on the shelf for a few days before putting it on. Get 3, rotate one each day for natural disinfecting - the virus dies after 40-50 hours on the shelf. Don't carry it in your pocket when not in use, to avoid fibres breaking and bacteria growth - however, I haven't come up with a good solution other than putting it in a small empty daypack.

About breakthrough cases. If you look at the numbers, there were 600 such cases in the Mass in a week (rise from 4,500 to 5,100). Their daily cases - mostly among unvaccinated, of course - are 600 a day. Probably was 6,000 a day before they began the vaccination campaign. Possible reason - variants. Also, some people don't use commons sense, they stop taking precautions right after the 1st shot - nope, it takes 2 weeks for antibodies to develop. Some were probably infected when they came to get the shot - restrictions have been lifted, people are celebrating, so this is the price.

[Edited on 7-25-2021 by Alm]

Thanks. I appreciate the info and analysis.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 05:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Even vaccinated people are testing positive. Travel could be dangerous to others, especially your MAGA associates. Your choices can endanger others. That's kind of what this whole thing is about, if you can recall.

John

Why aren't you following the science? Straight from the CDC website:

"If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did before the pandemic without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by laws, rules, regulations, or local guidance."

The website also says you have a greatly reduced risk of getting Covid if fully vaccinated. And even in the oft chance you do, you are much less likely to spread it.

You can sit in your basement all you want, but the "science" says there is no reason to do so.

[Edited on 7-26-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 05:37 PM

Seems to me that whether or not the pandemic is improving or worsening can change significantly in a matter of a couple of weeks. Any guidance about proper behavior can quickly become out-of-date.

Even though the phrase is overused, I'll use it, "an abundance of caution" is wise.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 05:40 PM

Even vaccinated people are testing positive. Travel could be dangerous to others, especially your MAGA associates. Your choices can endanger others. That's kind of what this whole thing is about, if you can recall.

John

Why aren't you following the science? Straight from the CDC website:

"If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did before the pandemic without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by laws, rules, regulations, or local guidance."

The website also says you have a greatly reduced risk of getting Covid if fully vaccinated. And even in the oft chance you do, you are much less likely to spread it.

You can sit in your basement all you want, but the "science" says there is no reason to do so.

[Edited on 7-26-2021 by JZ]

hold the presses....
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-cdc-mask-mandate-155642381....

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2021 at 09:20 PM

How covid19 virus changes in response to vaccines

Viral immune evasion: a masterpiece of evolution
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12439615/

How The Covid-19 Virus Changes
https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/01/06/how...

Neutralising antibodies in Spike mediated SARS-CoV-2 adaptation
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.05.20241927v...
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 07:47 AM

If you are vaccinated you really should go. If you want stay clear of ppl for extra safety. Life is short and tomorrow is not promised.

Your purchase of gas, a few fish tacos, and measly 5% tipping will not save the Mexican, American, nor world economy. Eradicating covid will.

John

My wife and I are both fully vaccinated, but the reports of breakthrough infection has us a bit on edge. We live on Cape Cod, where the annual influx of summer tourists, combined with the Delta variant, is driving a surge in positive tests. We have been following the CDC guidelines as far as no longer wearing masks, returning to restaurants and music venues (both outdoors), etc., but naturally I'd feel more confident if the trends improved.

The same caution, if not more, will guide our decision about visiting Baja in February. Winters in New England can be pretty brutal, but Covid even more so.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Lets make sense. Paul says he usually goes South in February and is planning for next year. NEXT YEAR? And JZ jumps on it and sez ''you really should go.'' Go next year?

Hey Paul. It's wishful thinking planning anything right now. You'll really be planning an 11th hour escape at the end of the year or longer.

And then there's the local attitude. Any bets on what the locals in Bocana or Asuncion will think if you show up next week? You guys are a riot.

We usually try to make our plans six months in advance, which puts us in a bit of a bind when current conditions look so discouraging. To count on the trend to reverse seems like quite the gamble. Winning that bet would be awesome; losing - not so much.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 09:43 AM

26 Jul 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Data Sources:

BC - http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/coronavirus - not updated
BC - new data source -
Comisión Estatal de Servicios Públicos de Tijuana -
https://m.facebook.com/CesptOficial/

BCS - https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/casos-covid-19/

"active cases are those that are two weeks old and can be contagious today. This is known by laboratory tests of people who go to hospitals."

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/2020/04/30/conferencia-30-de-abri...

Note: There's a break in the data between fall 2020 and spring 2021. That's when I'm on the beach on Bahia Concepcion.

Screenshot 2021-07-26 9.37.38 AM.png - 128kB

[Edited on 7-26-2021 by SFandH]

Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 11:12 AM

Simple - 99.5% COVID deaths are unvaccinated
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 12:38 PM

I kinda like the situation.
At least this time the dumb and stubborn leave the gene pool.
There is little collateral damage and the balance looks good.

Harald Pietschmann
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
I kinda like the situation.
At least this time the dumb and stubborn leave the gene pool.
There is little collateral damage and the balance looks good.

Like the unicorns that refused to board the Ark.

John
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 03:25 PM

i often wonder if those choosing to not get vaccinated are as conscious in other health areas..... alcohol, soft drinks, preservatives, non organic foods?
like those health nuts in Arkansas and Florida?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 04:14 PM

Let's try to answer some basic Baja Nomad questions:

FDA/CDC declared PCR RT test is not valid due to false positives and inability to identify isolated covid19, then what is a case? Is a case a phone call, Evaluation? Symptoms? Flu?

Moderna, Pfizer, AstroZenica, J&J each state there injections use various methods to inset synthetic mRNA to provoke AI modeled spike production, and that will hopefully provoke antibody production, which is the toxin resulting in cellular degradation, forever, but, the shots do not reduce infection, reduce transmission, or reduce severe symptoms, the benefit f the vaccine according to manufacturers study is "some people may experience reduced mild symptoms"?

The shots are unapproved, emergency use, experimental, there is no standard of production, quality control, no insert guidelines, unknown ingredients, no tracking or testing of outcome and efficacy? Worse, thousands have died within days and many more are injured?

Naturally infected and recuperated have the highest known form of immunity to future similar corona infections and variants and share that with others through contact?

Why are fully vaccinated people who have limited immunity, hyper focused on unvaccinated who are naturally recuperated with the best form immunity that exists, yet they are being restricted, discriminated, and isolated?

What iare the arguments to support broad vaccine use of these types with children, pregnant women, and those at risk? Or for anyone?

Why are those who are vaccinated preoccupied with those who are infected and recuperated now with the highest immunity?

Adverse effects from these vaccines are widespread? Yet, there is broad effort to deny these adverse effects as relevant, of concern, or worth investigation, while many vaccinated people are injured and many vaccinated who are subsequently hospitalized and die?

What are so many young people suffering serious thrombosis injury and death following the shots? While identified and admitted, the promotion to inject these high risk demographics continues while no benefit is derived for adolescents and young adults?

If you got vaccinated and you feel protected with confidence it is the right thing for you, why are you concerned with those who are are recuperated and will remain unvaccinated because it would not be a benefit and is a high risk?

Why is the promotion of vacciine so convoluted, with so many conflicts, fallacy, while the issues of risk versus benefit are not addressed?

Why is there no medical prevention and treatment protocol communicated by CDC/FDA/WHO, while so many options exist with long term success and low risk? Isn't failure to provide known treatment medical malpractice?

[Edited on 7-27-2021 by gnukid]
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 04:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
i often wonder if those choosing to not get vaccinated are as conscious in other health areas..... alcohol, soft drinks, preservatives, non organic foods?
like those health nuts in Arkansas and Florida?

believers are especially at risk (religion, yoga, alt medicine etc) of following doubt based advice that is good for them
those who trust (in science, reason etc) are likely to do something that is good for all

Harald Pietschmann
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 7-26-2021 at 04:21 PM

guys like him should rot in jail:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola...

Harald Pietschmann
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 7-27-2021 at 05:43 AM

JZ that was a great comeback wish I could think as fast as you. :P
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2021 at 06:23 AM

"COVID-19 infections are increasing in Mexico, with 12,856 new infections reported on average each day. That’s 73% of the peak — the highest daily average reported on January 20."

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-m...

I've recently started keeping track of the "% of the peak" number. Today it is at 73%. On 19 July, one week ago it was 56%. That's quite a jump.

The US has jumped from 13% to 23% in the same time period.

Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.