Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
misinformed?
perhaps "wilfully ignorant" would be more accurate.

Are you calling 62% of Blacks and Hispanics in the US "willfully ignorant?"

Be careful.

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

What are the arguments to support broad vaccine use of these CV synthetic mRNA types in children, pregnant women, and those seniors at high risk? Or for anyone?

What are the risks to the CV vaccines, what benefits do they provide?

Why are those who are vaccinated preoccupied with those who are infected and recuperated now with the highest immunity?

Why are adverse effects from these vaccines so widespread?

Why are so many low risk young people suffering serious thrombosis injury and death following the shots?

What benefit is derived for adolescents and young adults in taking the vaccine?

You have a lot of questions.

I have one for you, just one.

What can you conclude about the effectiveness of the vaccines knowing about 50% of the population is vaccinated and 95% of the COVID hospitalizations are people in the other 50% who are unvaccinated?

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 11:56 AM

Why does the RT PCR test for the spike protein that the vaccine amplifies and not the SARS2 virus?

Why is that there is no test for SARS2 that produces a valid result after all this time?

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 12:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
misinformed?
perhaps "wilfully ignorant" would be more accurate.

Are you calling 62% of Blacks and Hispanics in the US "willfully ignorant?"

Be careful.

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by JZ]

I will break this down into paragraphs for those challenged by reading without moving their lips or running their finger along the line:

Maybe a matter of both.... as the word "perhaps" allows both factors to be considered.

Some folks don't break things down into an "either/or" view of phenomena.

[Edited on 7-30-2021 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 04:31 PM

Just took a quick look at the BC and BCS active case numbers. They are higher than last week. I'll post all the numbers Monday.

Not good for our baja friends. :(

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Just took a quick look at the BC and BCS active case numbers. They are higher than last week. I'll post all the numbers Monday.

If folks pay attention to world news, The Delta surge is happening globally with the 4th surge well underway.

Restrictions recently lifted is a BAD MOVE.... this fall and winter is going to be a bugger.

Vaccinated folks can transmit the Delta variant as well as unvaccinated is what I am seeing reported.

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 06:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

If folks pay attention to world news, The Delta surge is happening globally with the 4th surge well underway.

Restrictions recently lifted is a BAD MOVE.... this fall and winter is going to be a bugger.

Vaccinated folks can transmit the Delta variant as well as unvaccinated is what I am seeing reported.

Where I live (Cape Cod) there was a recent spike in infections in Provincetown. It seems that 3/4 of the positive tests were from vaccinated people, although early indications are that most symptoms are mild or non-existent. Nevertheless I feel that the zeal to return to normal might be more related to the seasonal economy than science.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

Where I live (Cape Cod) there was a recent spike in infections in Provincetown. It seems that 3/4 of the positive tests were from vaccinated people, although early indications are that most symptoms are mild or non-existent. Nevertheless I feel that the zeal to return to normal might be more related to the seasonal economy than science.

Yes, and yes. Lifting the restrictions was not based on science, and Cape Cod data do show that vaccinated can get infected and spread the virus, however they have lower risk of hospitalization or death.

Hospitalization rates are 3 times higher among states that have fully vaccinated less than half of their residents, compared to the those that have vaccinated more than half of their residents.

Daily death rate is 2.5 times higher among the states that vaccinated less than half of their residents, compared to those who vaccinated more than half.

Nation-wide, daily cases are also 2.5 lower among the states who vaccinated more than half, notwithstanding local outbreaks like Cape Cod.

Florida has the highest current hospitalization rate, and less than 49% of the state's population is fully vaccinated.
Vermont has the lowest current hospitalization rate and the highest vaccination rate 67%.

Analysis of John Hopkins data

[Edited on 7-31-2021 by Alm]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 08:07 PM

And we have students going back to indoor, closed window classrooms with 20 or 30 people in close proximity. What percentage of school kids are vaccinated?

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 08:14 PM

Take a look around and a step back

Vast implications of Covid ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/political-violence-related-to-covid-19-could-lead-to-unravelling-of-societies-worldwide-observers-say-1.6122381

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 10:38 PM

Just took a quick look at the BC and BCS active case numbers. They are higher than last week.

If they are doing their job right, trends of the last 2 weeks are not reliable. It takes time to process the tests and collect and enter the data.

Here is the diagram of confirmed cases - not active cases: https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/. Click on the state, see the bar graph on the right. By default it opens compressed to the last 2 weeks and always looks like declining cases, ignore this period. Move the left slider all the way to the left.

Right now we should be looking at the period ending July 16 - there is definitely an increase in Baja Sur and a weak upward trend in Baja, barely any trend at all.

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 11:01 PM

Take a look around and a step back

Vast implications of Covid ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/political-violence-related-to-covid-19-could-lead-to-unravelling-of-societies-worldwide-observers-say-1.6122381

Yeah, but in South Africa people are desperate because of the shortage of food and vaccine, while in the US "...strong sense of COVID denialism present in [those] protests, a sense that COVID was a product of nefarious international forces — Bill Gates, George Soros and others".

Here in Canada the areas with the highest case numbers were big cities like Toronto (makes sense, high population density), and Alberta province - no big cities there but plenty of oil rigs, stampedes and protesters.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 11:16 PM

Yeah, you're right. But I still think we're far better off than a year ago. We're ahead of the curve now and don't have our backs against the wall. The pharmaceuticals have time to develop new vaccines and even cures while the old vaccines are still fairly effective. Perhaps a booster of even the same vaccine will add time.

Personally I feel we've been too flexible with non-vaccinators. Unless you have a medical reason not to get vaccinated you should be required to do so. No more about my rights being violated. We're dealing with a pandemic for goshsakes. We've kind of created our own by begging and cajoling people into being vaccinated. Anyway, that's my opinion.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2021 at 11:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Personally I feel we've been too flexible with non-vaccinators. Unless you have a medical reason not to get vaccinated you should be required to do so. No more about my rights being violated. We're dealing with a pandemic for goshsakes. We've kind of created our own by begging and cajoling people into being vaccinated. Anyway, that's my opinion.

You are nuts. The unvaccinated have far less confidence in the vaccines today than they did a week ago.

You definitely can't read the room.

The CDC is butchering the messaging.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2021 at 04:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Just took a quick look at the BC and BCS active case numbers. They are higher than last week.

If they are doing their job right, trends of the last 2 weeks are not reliable. It takes time to process the tests and collect and enter the data.

Here is the diagram of confirmed cases - not active cases: https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/. Click on the state, see the bar graph on the right. By default it opens compressed to the last 2 weeks and always looks like declining cases, ignore this period. Move the left slider all the way to the left.

Right now we should be looking at the period ending July 16 - there is definitely an increase in Baja Sur and a weak upward trend in Baja, barely any trend at all.

Interesting web page. Good data presentation. The BC / BCS accumulated trend lines with the date slider to the left are quite different with BCS showing a significant positive slope and BC almost flat. The influx of summer-time vacationers to Los Cabos is probably the reason.

I wonder what the percentages are for fly-in Los Cabos / La Paz vacationers from other parts of Mexico vs. vacationers from the US. Does anybody have a feel for that?

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2021 at 05:32 AM

And we have students going back to indoor, closed window classrooms with 20 or 30 people in close proximity. What percentage of school kids are vaccinated?

Our schools start again on the 17th. I'm already assuming masking will be required by our district once again. Most our district employees have been vaccinated from what I've heard. We shall see.

John
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2021 at 07:54 AM

You all are funny. Is this the way all you senior citizens behave and speak to each other in person? Worse than high school. This site has really gone down hill in the past couple years. Desperately need some "new blood" to join this site... like 45 years old and younger. :biggrin:

[Edited on 7-31-2021 by drzura]

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2021 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  
You all are funny. Is this the way all you senior citizens behave and speak to each other in person? Worse than high school. This site has really gone down hill in the past couple years. Desperately need some "new blood" to join this site... like 45 years old and younger. :biggrin:

You think one can't be an idiot at 45 and younger? :)
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2021 at 10:37 AM

I'd say almost the entire the world thinks 45 was an idiot.

John
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2021 at 10:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  

Sure they can... but I would say that all the banter that goes back and forth on this site typically comes from 4 or 5 members who are part of the more "mature" crowd. Of the 27 pages for this thread, 1 page may be of useful information while the 26 other pages are banter going back and forth between these 4 or 5 people. It would be nice to have a fresh outlook on Baja perspectives and topics. To do that you need new members to join this site. There are many people who travel back and forth who can share their experiences and adventures.

I think in general, this website has grown stale and boring. By that, I mean the front-end user interface has not changed much, if at all, since I have become a member, back in 2006. I believe a "refreshed" dynamic front end user interface could draw more interest and traffic to this site. Lots of other possibilities too.
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18    20  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.