Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 10:21 AM

Handy to wipe your butt in an emergency too.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

.... All well planned, broadcasted, executed, and while clearly fraudulent, senior populations especially are quick to give up freedom, our way of life, complying with globalists, while demanding all other citizens give up liberty and freedom as well for totalitarian control and tyranny, early death, depopulation, with intentional harm to our immune systems.

[Edited on 8-25-2021 by gnukid]

The biggest threat to health is this kind of thinking. Simply amazing that some folks really believe this kind of stuff. :O:?::O:?:

Don't believe everything you think....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 12:14 PM

Seniors belief that pharma will save their lives versus actually taking charge of their personal health is the biggest threat to their health.

Focus on Nutrition, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, rest and turn off the TV!

Obesity is the number one cause of poor health, but, SOME PEOPLE prefer to blame their poor health on others, which has got to be the most deranged and convoluted thinking.

[Edited on 8-25-2021 by gnukid]
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 01:18 PM

Some nuts are difficult to digest....:lol:

caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 03:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Some signs that Delta may have peaked.

This site shows Effective Reproduction number by state. Number >1 means the virus is spreading, <1 it is contracting.

Pretty much all of the Southern states, which were the early Delta hotspots, are now <1. Other regions should follow. Hopefully a steep decline in cases is coming.

https://covidestim.org/

Thanks Jz: Thats a pretty interesting site. The one thing I never saw before was the number indicating the estimated percentage of previously infected people. Our area is extremely low on this scale, and this IMHO leaves us far more susceptible to future surges. Florida is over 55% which is awfully close to herd immunity predictions. Combined with the high vaccination rates, perhaps it is time to be more hopeful that this indeed is the final surge.

JD - just to put a tiny bit of science into this. the current delta varient is far more infective that previous "versions" of the virus. like 3-9X more infective. what that does is blow the number / % required to reach herd immunity sky high, like well up over the 90%. and BTW - a bit more research, turns out previous infections are providing far less effective priotection that the vaccines - so they are not very "helpfull" in reaching "herd immunity".

This really is not a difficult science or medical problem - we know the solution, get evryone vaccinated - - unfortunately peoples political agendas are stopping that, and are now killing people - including themselves - I can't understand that mentality!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 04:48 PM

Caj13----------You appear to be getting your "science" from an entirely different source than I am. Could you enlighten us as to where you are getting it?

My wife (77) and I (83) have natural anti-bodies from our exposure to Covid-19 back in early Nov. of 2020 and our 14-day moderate bout with Covid. We are tested for anti-bodies every 3 months, and all have come back positive. Even tho I am a "long hauler" with medium intermittent symptoms, I have never had to go to a Doctor for other than Rx's for our "anti body tests", and advice on what to do. Currently , we are not vaccinated and unless we lose our natural anti-bodies protection are not getting jabbed with an experimental vaccine. Why would we??? It's not "political" to us, it's just common sense based on the plethora of mis-information passed on as the Gospel from numerous sources.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

....Currently , we are not vaccinated and unless we lose our natural anti-bodies protection are not getting jabbed with an experimental vaccine. Why would we??? ......it's just common sense based on the plethora of mis-information passed on as the Gospel from numerous sources.

I have heard medical science indicate that a vaccine for folks in your "category" would significantly boost your antibody count and reduce "long-hauler" symptoms.

But common sense isn't that common, so that line is toothless.

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 05:33 PM

Caj13----------You appear to be getting your "science" from an entirely different source than I am. Could you enlighten us as to where you are getting it?

My wife (77) and I (83) have natural anti-bodies from our exposure to Covid-19 back in early Nov. of 2020 and our 14-day moderate bout with Covid. We are tested for anti-bodies every 3 months, and all have come back positive. Even tho I am a "long hauler" with medium intermittent symptoms, I have never had to go to a Doctor for other than Rx's for our "anti body tests", and advice on what to do. Currently , we are not vaccinated and unless we lose our natural anti-bodies protection are not getting jabbed with an experimental vaccine. Why would we??? It's not "political" to us, it's just common sense based on the plethora of mis-information passed on as the Gospel from numerous sources.

CV-19 is very random. I've read of ppl having it and getting mild symptoms. And then getting it again almost a year later and getting pretty sick.

I'd recommend getting the vaccine. But I respect your decision. Ultimately, it's your choice.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 05:37 PM

Motoged---------I too have read and heard that, but I have also heard other conflicting opinions from very reputable sources that are too many to quote here. I try to read and listen to as many sources as I can, and then make up my own mind based on what makes the most sense to me. I do not like putting "experimental" substances into my body, so am very reluctant to just follow the prevailing stated wisdom. That is just me (and my wife who feels much more strongly about this than I do?) LOL We both spend a lot of time researching all this, especially me since I am long retired (26 years).
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 05:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

CV-19 is very random. I've read of ppl having it and getting mild symptoms. And then getting it again almost a year later and getting pretty sick.

I'd recommend getting the vaccine. But I respect your decision. Ultimately, it's your choice.

Thanks, JZ. I much prefer "pretty sick" to having my DNA altered by experimental jabs. That is just us, of course.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 06:07 PM

In any case, since everyone's science seems to differ considerably, combining the natural antibodies(which my research tells me is 99%+ effective in preventing reoccurring cases) and the number of fully vaccinated people who we are told have 80 to 90 % protection, this brings us in total in Fla to close to 90 % protection, and I think this is why the fatality rates have fallen off so drastically. They in addition are using the post infection treatment widely to contribute even more to their presently high recovery rates. So we now have 3 levels of prevention and treatment.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 06:14 PM

If you compare the case fatality rates post delta to what the case fatality rates were pre delta i think this becomes very clear. In other words the recovery rates from confirmed cases are increasing after the appearance of Delta despite it being more deadly among non-vaccinated countries and those who had not previously recovered.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 06:23 PM

Barry, and thanks for that post, we seldom get anything from people who are working with their doctors, monitoring their antibodies strength and choosing a different path in consultation with them.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 06:43 PM

The latest actual study in Israel results comparing vaccines to natural antibodies I could find:

https://www.italy24news.com/News/133097.html

The antibodies activated during natural infection with Sars-CoV-2 would be more effective in defending against a new infection than those activated by vaccine against the Covid: this is what emerges from the data of the Israeli Ministry of Health taken from various media in the Middle Eastern country. In particular, the ministry would have observed that among the more than 7,700 new cases of Covid-19 recorded during the last wave of this spring, only 72 (or less than 1% of the total) concerned people who had previously had the disease, while almost 40% of cases (over 3 thousand patients) concerned people who were vaccinated.

This one has links to multiple studies

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/08/covid-19-natural-immunit...

[Edited on 8-26-2021 by JDCanuck]

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 07:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
I much prefer "pretty sick" to having my DNA altered by experimental jabs. That is just us, of course.

Great post, thanks.

Question: If you had not auto-immunized before the vaccine came out (by running through the infection), you think that would have affected your attitude about getting vaccinated?

Yes, it would, and I would have been vaccinated. I am vaccinated against everything else. But my wife would have still refused the jab, and it is not wise to argue with one's wife.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
I much prefer "pretty sick" to having my DNA altered by experimental jabs. That is just us, of course.

Great post, thanks.

Question: If you had not auto-immunized before the vaccine came out (by running through the infection), you think that would have affected your attitude about getting vaccinated?

Yes, it would, and I would have been vaccinated. I am vaccinated against everything else. But my wife would have still refused the jab, and it is not wise to argue with one's wife.

My wife too is very resistant to the mass of new vaccines as she has had negative results from past vaccinations. In this case tho, and as she works in Health Care still she has been given both vaccinations both by choice and now if she did not agree to she would be disallowed from working. Several of her co-workers are still unvaccinated and the excessive load the remaining ones will be under will just increase.

It's become a very disruptive discussion and I just hope for all our sakes we can put this one behind us soon.

Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Another key finding of the study was that the immune response of those who were vaccinated was much stronger than those who have recovered from COVID-19.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-research-finds-covid-1...

Still some contradictory stuff out there and not always sure they are comparing apples to apples. Not clear which variant we are talking about etc.

Let’s hope that vaccines and those that recovered will both work.

[Edited on 8-26-2021 by Purdyd]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 07:46 PM

Nomads as a group, or demographic, must focus on their individual weaknesses or debility which is primarily, obesity, poor nutrition, lack of exercise, lack of physical and mental activity and too much alcohol, fat, sugar, and poor sleeping habits.

It's easy to be healthy, but, you must focus on yourself, only you have the ability to improve your immune system, through improved personal health.

It's clear there is great delusion among the group that somehow they can be obese, lazy, smoke, drink, avoid exercise and then blame their poor health on people who go out, socialize and enjoy life? Projection of poor health on others is delusional.

In psychological terms, projection, avoidance, and ignorance sadly, leads to shortened life.

Why not share what you are doing to improve your health? What changes have you made over the last year, what significant adjustments are you doing to improve prevention of respiratory illness, what have you done to reduce risk and improve your health? Share positive results?

[Edited on 8-26-2021 by gnukid]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-25-2021 at 09:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Nomads as a group, or demographic, must focus on their individual weaknesses or debility which is primarily, obesity, poor nutrition, lack of exercise, lack of physical and mental activity and too much alcohol, fat, sugar, and poor sleeping habits.

It's easy to be healthy, but, you must focus on yourself, only you have the ability to improve your immune system, through improved personal health.

It's clear there is great delusion among the group that somehow they can be obese, lazy, smoke, drink, avoid exercise and then blame their poor health on people who go out, socialize and enjoy life? Projection of poor health on others is delusional.

In psychological terms, projection, avoidance, and ignorance sadly, leads to shortened life.

Why not share what you are doing to improve your health? What changes have you made over the last year, what significant adjustments are you doing to improve prevention of respiratory illness, what have you done to reduce risk and improve your health? Share positive results?

[Edited on 8-26-2021 by gnukid]

Paul,
Unlike you, most nomads cannot sit around in baja in middle age, not working, spending each sailing and kite boarding, knowing that mom and dad will leave us our retirement funds! Living life childless and not needing work, most of us don’t have that golden spoon leisure; therefore, many overweight and stressed out.
Enjoy your pointless leisure, you were born to it!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Split
8-26-2021 at 02:36 PM
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2021 at 06:57 PM

Goat is delusional

Pages:  1  ..  23    25    27  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.