Pages:  1  ..  41    43    45  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2021 at 03:40 PM
The Numbers are Going the Wrong Way

And winter is coming.

"Again, active cases of Covid-19 increase in Baja California"

https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/tijuana/De-nuevo-aumenta...

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2021 at 06:33 PM

Active cases (and deaths) are lagging behind the changes in daily cases.

Daily cases in BC dropped briefly in mid-September, and went up again. There is a lot of fluctuation/noise: https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/ - click on BC, see the right curve, move the left slider to the left.

I wouldn't focus on day to day changes, but it sure doesn't look like it's been dropping for the last 4 weeks.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 12:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
How can anyone take the CDC seriously when they can't even recognize the biological differences between a man and a woman?

Your ignorance is showing. Most people are unaware of this, but approximately one in 2000 babies (so not something extremely rare) are born intersex - what used to be referred to as hermaphrodites. They have organs of both sexes, in any one of a myriad of variations. They might have external organs of one sex, and internal organs of the other. The external organs may be ambiguous, neither fully female nor fully male. They may have both a uterus and testes. And so on.

In the past, the way parents were told by doctors to deal with this was to choose which sex the child would be raised as, then dress them as a boy or girl and treat them as that. These babies underwent many operations and suffered a lot of pain to make them appear externally as more like the chosen sex. The children this happened to, as one might expect, had serious emotional issues as they grew up and sexual issues as adults, because they are in fact both sexes and may have been raised as a girl, but think and feel like a boy or vice versa, or feel like both, which in fact they are. Most never were even told about how they actually came into this world, and couldn't figure out why they felt so messed up. Some only discovered it as teens or adults, as when those raised as girls never got a period, because in fact they had no ovaries and no uterus. In a case like that, they may still not know how they were born, just that they are missing those organs. If they started to develop a deep voice and broad shoulders in puberty, it would be more obvious.

The old recommendation to pretend these babies were either a boy or a girl has fallen out of favor, although of course it still practiced by some. But many parents have chosen to allow these children to be what they are- both sexes. It's not without its problems, but their parents are open about it all with them from the time they are young, explaining in age-appropriate ways, just as parents answer "normal" children's questions about sex, and are supportive and caring, connecting with other families dealing with this, so the kids don't feel like freaks- that there are others out there just like them.

And in fact the majority of these people who were not forced into being something they were not, are very emotionally balanced, accepting of their lot in life, form loving, sexually and emotionally satisfying relationships and are extremely grateful that their parents did not try to change them.

So yes, a person who may externally appear to be male, or somewhat androgenous, may in fact have a uterus, ovaries and a vagina and be able to get pregnant.

Like many things in life which used to be hidden and not talked about, like being gay or lesbian, people are now being open about these things, being afforded the respect all humans deserve, and yes, the language changes to reflect this.

[Edited on 10-2-2021 by surabi]

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 06:04 AM

Excellent response, surabi!

John
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 06:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

Yes, I googled "intersex" and read for a while, learned a lot. Interesting.

Watched some videos too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOgi0bGy7g

[Edited on 10-2-2021 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 07:19 AM

Surabi-----------I had NO IDEA that this happened! Why in the world is this not general knowledge????? Incredible!!! Thanks for helping to spread the word about something so important as this.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 08:34 AM

BC Moves from Yellow to Orange

"BC.- Tijuana Baja California is the only state in the country currently is in orange of the epidemiological light of the Covid-19 , reported the Ministry of Health .

This is due to the increase in active patients, since between Thursday and Friday they went from 1,577 to 1,745 , that is, an increase of 11% was registered .

According to the health authorities, the orange color means the reduction of community mobility, operation of economic and social activities to 50%."

https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/tijuana/Baja-California-...

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Your ignorance is showing. Most people are unaware of this, but approximately one in 2000 babies (so not something extremely rare) are born intersex - what used to be referred to as hermaphrodites. They have organs of both sexes, in any one of a myriad of variations. They might have external organs of one sex, and internal organs of the other. The external organs may be ambiguous, neither fully female nor fully male. They may have both a uterus and testes. And so on.

Many intersex variations result in infertility. It may be possible for some intersex to have the required parts to carry a baby, but it seems to be very rare. Certainly, not close to the 1 in 2000 you led with.

[Edited on 10-2-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 11:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

"BC.- Tijuana Baja California is the only state in the country currently is in orange of the epidemiological light of the Covid-19 , reported the Ministry of Health .

I wonder why.

BC - 440 active cases per million
CDMX - 1,240 per million
Queretaro - 5,000 per million
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Many intersex variations result in infertility. It may be possible for some intersex to have the required parts to carry a baby, but it seems to be very rare. Certainly, not close to the 1 in 2000 you led with.

[Edited on 10-2-2021 by JZ]

Your reading comprehension is poor. I said approx. 1 in 2000 babies are born intersex- having genital characteristics of both sexes. I didn't say 1 in 2000 babies are born to intersex people.

https://isna.org/faq/frequency/

Many heterosexuals are also infertile. An intersex individual with a uterus could use the same methods that those infertile people use to become pregnant.

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

Yes, I googled "intersex" and read for a while, learned a lot. Interesting.

Watched some videos too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOgi0bGy7g

Yes, I had no idea, either. I learned about this because I ran across a fascinating documentary on this ( you know how you are watching something and all these other videos pop up, it looks intriguing, so you check it out)

Not only was it a fascinating, enlightening subject, it was just a really well done documentary, regardlesss of the subject matter. They found such interesting people to interview.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVHq8wb19jo

And this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=czbQRjdGvYQ

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2021 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

I wonder why.

BC - 440 active cases per million
CDMX - 1,240 per million
Queretaro - 5,000 per million

The move must be based upon the rate of change in infections. The New York Times data, which are gotten from Johns Hopkins University, show that in the past 14 days the change in the "cases, daily average per 100,000" is:

Baja California: +71%
Mexico City: -31%
Queretaro: -35%

There is an outbreak occurring in BC.

The question is, why the outbreak?

Baja California and Chihuahua are the only states where per-capita cases are increasing. Chihuahua +21%. The country as a whole is -28% over the past 14 days.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/mexico-covid-...

You might hit a paywall.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 12:12 AM

You might hit a paywall.

Just delete cookies for whatever site has a paywall after xx# of visits (on a page that's otherwise viewable, etc). It'll start the count over. With some of them, if you just block cookies for that site going forward... it'll work indefinitely. fwiw

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 07:52 AM

https://news.yale.edu/2021/10/01/unvaccinated-reinfection-sa...

For unvaccinated, reinfection by SARS-CoV-2 is likely, study finds
By Michael Greenwood
October 1, 2021

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been much uncertainty about how long immunity lasts after an unvaccinated person is infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Now a team of scientists led by faculty at Yale School of Public Health and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte have an answer: Strong protection following natural infection is short-lived.

“Reinfection can reasonably happen in three months or less,” said Jeffrey Townsend, the Elihu Professor of Biostatistics at the Yale School of Public Health and the study’s lead author. “Therefore, those who have been naturally infected should get vaccinated. Previous infection alone can offer very little long-term protection against subsequent infections.”

The study, published in the journal The Lancet Microbe, is the first to determine the likelihood of reinfection following natural infection and without vaccination.

Townsend and his team analyzed known reinfection and immunological data from the close viral relatives of SARS-CoV-2 that cause “common colds,” along with immunological data from SARS-CoV-1 and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. Leveraging evolutionary principles, the team was able to model the risk of COVID-19 reinfection over time.

Reinfections can, and have, happened even shortly after recovery, the researchers said. And they will become increasingly common as immunity wanes and new SARS-CoV-2 variants arise.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 09:09 AM

My Covid experience (83 years old)--------------My wife and I each had a confirmed case of Covid-19 eleven months ago that was of med. intensity and lasted about 2 weeks. Since recovering we both get tested for "natural anti-bodies" every 2 to 3 months, and so far we test positive for Covid "anti-bodies" each time including a month ago. We both are mild Covid intermittent "long timers" which is annoying but not that serious. I did have a recurrence of classic Covid symptoms this last August but the Doctor's could not determine if it was the "Delta-Variant", but it was long lasting (5 weeks) and uncomfortable and again, annoying. My wife (77) has had no recurrence, and is no longer a "long timer". We both have isolated ourselves from others during this time, following protocols. Neither of us are vaccinated against Covid-19. Should we lose our "anti-bodies" I will get vaccinated. We are concerned that these Covid vaccines are new, experimental, and mNRA type. I have had all the regular vaccines thru the years, and get my yearly flu shot. I daily monitor the Covid news available, as does my wife.

Barry

mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 09:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
My Covid experience (83 years old)--------------My wife and I each had a confirmed case of Covid-19 eleven months ago that was of med. intensity and lasted about 2 weeks. Since recovering we both get tested for "natural anti-bodies" every 2 to 3 months, and so far we test positive for Covid "anti-bodies" each time including a month ago. We both are mild Covid intermittent "long timers" which is annoying but not that serious. I did have a recurrence of classic Covid symptoms this last August but the Doctor's could not determine if it was the "Delta-Variant", but it was long lasting (5 weeks) and uncomfortable and again, annoying. My wife (77) has had no recurrence, and is no longer a "long timer". We both have isolated ourselves from others during this time, following protocols. Neither of us are vaccinated against Covid-19. Should we lose our "anti-bodies" I will get vaccinated. We are concerned that these Covid vaccines are new, experimental, and mNRA type. I have had all the regular vaccines thru the years, and get my yearly flu shot. I daily monitor the Covid news available, as does my wife.

Barry

Just for clarification, the J&J vaccine is a traditional vaccine. Only the Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 10:29 AM

I can't find the article but I recently read that the concerns about the long lasting effects of the vaccines are misunderstood and incorrect. They usually conclude that reinfection is likely to occur because the antibody start to drop after 3 months. But as I understand it during the period after vaccination the body develops an ability to recognize and respond much more agressively and effectively after vaccination. The immune system is 'pumped up' afterwards. It described the organelles and changes that occur at the cellular level but I can't remember it all.

That may explain why in Israel, for example, the case numbers have gone up but the death rate has remained unchanged. The bottom line is that after 2 jabs we are far more protected than we seem to think we are.
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
The timeframe for reinfection is fundamental to numerous aspects of public health decision making. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, reinfection is likely to become increasingly common. Maintaining public health measures that curb transmission—including among individuals who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2—coupled with persistent efforts to accelerate vaccination worldwide is critical to the prevention of COVID-19 morbidity and mortality.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanmic/article/PIIS2666-5247(21)00219-6/fulltext

So immunity natural or through vaccine will decline over time.

The paper doesn’t come out and say you should get immunized if you’ve recovered but it is implied. So yes the article is a bit misleading.

The paper used data from other sars viruses to fill in the long term affects.

And yes, there are other things your body does besides antibodies that will have longer lasting positive impacts for symptoms.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Barry

Just for clarification, the J&J vaccine is a traditional vaccine. Only the Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA.

I had missed that, and thankyou very much for that clarification. I will research that more, but I am really glad to hear that.

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2021 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

You might hit a paywall.

Just delete cookies for whatever site has a paywall after xx# of visits (on a page that's otherwise viewable, etc). It'll start the count over. With some of them, if you just block cookies for that site going forward... it'll work indefinitely. fwiw

Didn't work for me. Some paywalls may allow a few free articles per month - Wall Street Journal used to, plus one-two articles via VPN. But not this one.
 Pages:  1  ..  41    43    45  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.