Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  49    51    53  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 12:25 PM

Well, we all should check our own data anyway. When did politicians become so much more believable than they have always proved themselves to be? If they in turn heavily fund any news source...take it with a pound of salt. On the Covid issue, it really does appear Africa is leading the world in low case fatality rates, and also the closest to herd immunity a point that Scientists always previously stated would signal the end of any pandemic. Is this past surety suddenly false?
This is not conspiracy thinking, it's just applying logic to observed data.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 12:43 PM

The most concerning thing I have observed throughout this whole crisis is the suppression of any opposing views, and the politicians globally are presently pushing for full control of private sources of conversations under the guise of "misinformation". We've increasingly seen journalists and other people "disappeared", tortured, murdered and jailed in other countries simply for opposing what the leaders wanted to be fed to their populace.
This is the result we will have to live with after this crisis ends.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 04:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Notice the posters make personal attacks

Wait a minute. Aren't you the guy that denigrates most of us BN members as old, fat, out of shape, senile, as well as cigarette and alcohol dependent?

John
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 05:17 PM

"What is most concerning is we are being told these reactions get worse with each repetitive jab"

JDCanuck, I respect and trust your posts--is this really the case? If so, it impacts my opinions.

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 05:47 PM

100X. These are friends of mine that very willingly got 2nd and or 3rd jabs. The most recent was extremely bad in an older friend who needed the ambulance to be called after getting the third jab, while the first was no problem, the second had a few worse symptoms, the third was extreme. Other friends reported the first jab was fine but the second made them very ill. Myself and my family had 2 and none of us had bad reactions.
But yeah, I am a bit more unwillingly to continue to receive repetitive jabs myself.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 06:08 PM

100X. I'm in Canada so a third jab wouldn't even be available for me for some time. I am thinking...has the Pfizer jab changed to be stronger, is it a different composition than previous ones? Or is this reaction only occurring in a few people in one small part of the world for unknown reasons? Since no one wants to talk about the negative reactions other than to say "they are so few they are negligible" it does not make my personal decision any easier.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 06:29 PM

The scientific literacy of nomads is abysmal

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 06:36 PM

Our immune response often occurs only after a second exposure to something, such as to poison oak or a bee sting. The immune system reacts to the first exposure by working to "figure out" antibodies.

Some people never have a second exposure so they typically never realize they may be allergic (with poison oak, which does not have a separate toxic effect, allergic and non-allergic persons may never even realize they had a first exposure).

Some people have immune systems that "overreact" if there is a second exposure. This is an allergic reaction.

Some things, like poison oak, cause an allergic reaction in the vast majority of humans. Other things, like bee stings, cause allergic reactions to a far smaller percentage of us than poison oak (bee stings are additionally toxic to all of us, so we all know and react when stung).

That many people have a stronger reaction to their second Covid shot would seem to indicate our immune systems are getting involved. Does this rise to the level of an "allergic reaction" or is it something different? And what is indicated if so far limited observations of stronger reactions to additional booster shots turns out to be empirically shown?

I wish I knew the answer, and even more wish there were sources of information I trusted to be without bias. Both sides of this argument seem to focus on what supports their side but then completely ignore the good points made by the other side.

[Edited on 12-22-2021 by 100X]

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 07:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Notice the posters make personal attacks

Wait a minute. Aren't you the guy that denigrates most of us BN members as old, fat, out of shape, senile, as well as cigarette and alcohol dependent?

John

I make the point that those characteristics, fat, out of shape, senile, as well as cigarette and alcohol dependent, are risks to health that should be of concern versus aggressive threats to attack, intimidate and control others.

The greatest risk to you is your personal behavior, and how you manage your health.

Influenza and colds have always existed and quite minor, normal events that are part of cellular cleansing. However, when people are at high risk due to existing poor health, usually associated to obesity, lack of exercise, poor diet, smoking, alcohol etc, those factors pose increased risk from influenza, especially when accompanied by pneumonia, fever, respiratory infection, excessive phlegm or fluid and difficulty breathing.

Therapuetics and protocols exist to treat influenza and colds at the first moment you feel symptoms and also preventively, such as hot soups, tea, broad vitamin supplements, multi-vitamins, B complex, C, D, Magnesium, Potasium, and Zinc in amounts appropriate to your weight and body. Antihishtmaine and a cough suppressant to break up congestion, fever reducer, and a variety of other prescription medicines that should be used with guidance from a doctor or nurse.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 07:14 PM

I make the point that those characteristics, fat, out of shape, senile, as well as cigarette and alcohol dependent, are risks to health that should be of concern versus aggressive threats to attack, intimidate and control others.

Being blind to science is a risk to your health as well.

You feel threatened somehow by what someone on an BN posts? I have yet to see any physical threat posted towards you. Nor even a minimal restriction to your "First Amendment" freedoms. Even though you have no "First Amendment" rights on a private forum. You've been given more latitude to spread lies than some of us to spread truth.

John
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 07:18 PM

John, you accuse posters of lying without referencing any point or references to any sources while I have shared 1000's of peer reviewed studies.

If I share a sourced peer reviewed article it doesn't mean that O own it or am in 100% agreement, or that the points are valid forever, my primary point is that there has been an evolution from day one til now, we were misled by fraudulent group who colluded to cause harm, we are in psychological operation to create fear and drive economic, physical and mental harm.

No I'm not intimidated, I am concerned and intent on helping save lives of our community.

Good luck

[Edited on 12-22-2021 by gnukid]
100X
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 07:35 PM

I'm gonna start asking to see a CV

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2021 at 09:10 PM

Seems like we have reverted back to the Fall of 2020.

People have to stand in line for hours in NY to get Covid tests
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10330301/New-Yorker...

This administration which promised to "end Covid" is totally lost. Goat and I could manage this better if we worked together.

[Edited on 12-22-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2021 at 02:52 AM

More lockdowns and hospital operation cancellations just announced locally based on surging cases of Omicron. Hospital staff levels declining even further, closure of nursing schools and additional threats by government administration toward staff certainly did not help, who is going to replace all the nurses retiring in droves earlier than planned under these conditions?
Here are the latest case fatality trends. New Zealand Netherlands and Sweden continue to be leaders in reducing fatality ratios.

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2021 at 04:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
"What is most concerning is we are being told these reactions get worse with each repetitive jab"

JDCanuck, I respect and trust your posts--is this really the case? If so, it impacts my opinions.

My personal observation would be no.

The CDC says they are the same.

Quote:
During August 12–September 19, 2021, among 12,591 v-safe registrants who completed a health check-in survey after all 3 doses of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, 79.4% and 74.1% reported local or systemic reactions, respectively, after the third dose; 77.6% and 76.5% reported local or systemic reactions after the second dose, respectively.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7039e4.htm?s_cid=mm...

Quote:
Seems like we have reverted back to the Fall of 2020.

Well no we are way better off than we were a year ago.

What is frustrating is that people can’t put up with a minor inconvenience to protect other people. Masks.

Or that a bipartisan vaccine program spanning two very different presidents has ground to a halt with a fairly significant chunk of the population not vaccinated.

And while I respect one’s choice to die, there are consequences for the living, not the least of which is clogging up hospitals, and of course the loved ones you leave behind have this habit of trying to make sure it doesn’t happen to some one else.

So again, it is a case where people would rather risk lives of others than a make a personal sacrifice.

And yes, I think the math on risk reward of very young children for Covid vaccine seems rather high.

Which only makes it more important for adults to step up.

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2021 at 06:10 AM

Influenza and colds have always existed and quite minor, normal events that are part of cellular cleansing.

Yet in the past you've stated that covid is not dangerous and that more people die from the flu than from covid.

Cellular cleansing? :lol::lol::lol: That's rich.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2021 at 08:07 AM

2 out of 3 monoclonal antibody therapies useless against Omicron.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/21/health/covid-monoclonal-a...

John
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2021 at 08:16 AM

The epidemiological relevance of the COVID-19-vaccinated population is increasing

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00258-1/fulltext

PDF of article
https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S2666-7762%2821...

High COVID-19 vaccination rates were expected to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in populations by reducing the number of possible sources for transmission and thereby to reduce the burden of COVID-19 disease. Recent data, however, indicate that the epidemiological relevance of COVID-19 vaccinated individuals is increasing. In the UK it was described that secondary attack rates among household contacts exposed to fully vaccinated index cases was similar to household contacts exposed to unvaccinated index cases (25% for vaccinated vs 23% for unvaccinated). 12 of 31 infections in fully vaccinated household contacts (39%) arose from fully vaccinated epidemiologically linked index cases. Peak viral load did not differ by vaccination status or variant type [[1]]. In Germany, the rate of symptomatic COVID-19 cases among the fully vaccinated (“breakthrough infections”) is reported weekly since 21. July 2021 and was 16.9% at that time among patients of 60 years and older [[2]].

This proportion is increasing week by week and was 58.9% on 27. October 2021 (Figure 1) providing clear evidence of the increasing relevance of the fully vaccinated as a possible source of transmission. A similar situation was described for the UK. Between week 39 and 42, a total of 100.160 COVID-19 cases were reported among citizens of 60 years or older. 89.821 occurred among the fully vaccinated (89.7%), 3.395 among the unvaccinated (3.4%) [[3]]. One week before, the COVID-19 case rate per 100.000 was higher among the subgroup of the vaccinated compared to the subgroup of the unvaccinated in all age groups of 30 years or more. In Israel a nosocomial outbreak was reported involving 16 healthcare workers, 23 exposed patients and two family members. The source was a fully vaccinated COVID-19 patient. The vaccination rate was 96.2% among all exposed individuals (151 healthcare workers and 97 patients). Fourteen fully vaccinated patients became severely ill or died, the two unvaccinated patients developed mild disease [[4]]. The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies four of the top five counties with the highest percentage of fully vaccinated population (99.9–84.3%) as “high” transmission counties [[5]]. Many decisionmakers assume that the vaccinated can be excluded as a source of transmission. It appears to be grossly negligent to ignore the vaccinated population as a possible and relevant source of transmission when deciding about public health control measures.

Vaccination rates and proportions of fully vaccinated people among symptomatic COVID-19 cases (≥ 60 years) in Germany between 21. July and 27. October 2021 based on the weekly reports from the Robert Koch-Institute [[2]].

gr1.jpg - 29kB
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2021 at 08:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

This administration which promised to "end Covid" is totally lost.

And how many broken promises about Covid made by the previous administration? About a fantastic healthcare plan? About an infrastructure plan? About just about everything?

Methinks though doth protest too much.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-22-2021 at 09:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

This administration which promised to "end Covid" is totally lost.

And how many broken promises about Covid made by the previous administration? About a fantastic healthcare plan? About an infrastructure plan? About just about everything?

Methinks though doth protest too much.

John

Johnny:
Ignore jizzy short stuff. He is complaining that biden did not solve covid, and simultaneously jizzy is supporting the antivax antimask anticommonsense solutions to public health problem. The gop complainers about biden covid solution are proposing an alt approach of do-nothing, let gramma die.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  ..  49    51    53  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.