Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  54    56    58  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2021 at 09:04 PM

Attenuation of the virus occurs to mutate itself out of existence in about 3 years.
Fact or false?

Es Todo Bueno
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2021 at 09:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
Attenuation of the virus occurs to mutate itself out of existence in about 3 years.
Fact or false?

Hoping thats the case too BajaTed, as repetitive vaccines with declining efficacy and ever shorter repeats don't seem capable of leading us out.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2021 at 11:06 PM

Ultimately, the bottom line is not how many cases the enhanced testing finds, but the resulting fatality rates that we find before the final results are in. It's a given if you test more than any one else you will lead in defined cases, which seems counter productive if thats how we measure success. Right now, for some undefined reason, Africa is leading the way in rapidly declining CFR's despite very low vaccination rates. What is giving them the lead, or are deaths just being under reported?

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2021 at 11:35 PM

Whats of more concern, is the total number of staffed ICU beds available for increased numbers of patients. Why are there far fewer ICU beds available across the US than were available in Jan 2021. Prior to that point, they were rapidly increasing. Every other country has been working steadily to INCREASE ICU beds, yet in the US it has declined more than 10% in the year of 2021
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/hospitalization-7-day-trend

[Edited on 12-31-2021 by JDCanuck]

Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 10:21 AM

When they "lock down" in BCS, what specifically does that mean?

Just speculation at this point, and hopefully cases and hospitalizations drop as quickly as they climbed , like in South Africa.

What happened before was most public places were closed including beaches, and people were told to stay home. I doubt the full-on lock down will happen here, (as it is currently in parts of Europe), socially and economically the country can't handle it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 12:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
When they "lock down" in BCS, what specifically does that mean?

Baja enforces stuff around the pandemic. Don't see La Paz or Cabo locking down. Todos, Loreto and smaller towns definitely.

Last April, beaches in Loreto were closed while I was there. You could walk on the beach, but not play on the beach or in the water. The police kicked me off the beach (frisbee with my dog) and signaled that they wanted me to have a mask on.

Not sure when this happened last year when Todos locked down. A dirt berm barricaded the highway N. of town (guess the area where the by-pass road intersects). Think it was manned by military.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 04:29 PM

Thanks Cancamo and Lee.

A friend of mine that lives in San Juanico gave a similar report about the beaches a while back.

Everyone, no matter how you see this disease, please stay safe and have a very happy New Year!

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 06:36 PM

Interesting. Due to come to Baja Jan 3-25. No fishing? No kitesurfing? No nothing outdoors? Will be in La Bocanas mostly.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lewmt  
Interesting. Due to come to Baja Jan 3-25. No fishing? No kitesurfing? No nothing outdoors? Will be in La Bocanas mostly.

Nothing has happened yet. Omicron spreads much easier. But so far the illness hasn't been as severe. Let's hope it stays that way.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 09:12 PM

Today at our laboratory in La Paz, 86 tests and 79 positives.
two weeks ago averaged 10 tests a week with 20% positive.
Running out of tests as we are only allotted so many per order and everyone will be out of tests soon.

Funny how when driving around, the only people without masks are us gringos!

Deplorable how gringos don't give a F about anybody else, but feel their beliefs regardeng Covid are their own and come here and affect people who do care about themselves, their families and others, completely disrespect us.
We would all give our left arm for a vaccine and can't get one, but gringos come here unvaccinated and transmit it to all of us.
Really starting to hate my own people for this mentality.

Get a vaccine, were a mask and respect the people who are respecting you by at least wearing a mask! Or don't come!

Then I read an unvaccinated gringo has a stroke in LB and wants money to fly back to the US because the hospitals are full here with Covid cases.
Sorry dude, “ no room at the inn“ as our hospitals are full with Covid cases...good luck!

Please, if you come, at the very least respect the people you are “invading“

Happy new year

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 10:27 PM

Yep, since gringo season started here the vast majority of the ones i see in the stores are bare faced but the locals are about 90+% masked whenever they enter.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 12-31-2021 at 11:43 PM

In Loreto it appears pretty evenly split between locals and non-locals w/ w/o masks.

Can't go in a store or restaurant without a mask, having temp taken and hand sanitizing. Everyone seems to comply.

Do not see many locals or gringos "riding around" with masks.

Have not seen one mask argument or dispute or ignored request in almost 2 months here.

Maybe it is different in other parts of the peninsula and these reports ("gringos...transmit it to all of us") are not alarmist, but the situation noted really has not occurred in Loreto.

[Edited on 1-1-2022 by 100X]

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 05:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
Today at our laboratory in La Paz, 86 tests and 79 positives.
two weeks ago averaged 10 tests a week with 20% positive.
Running out of tests as we are only allotted so many per order and everyone will be out of tests soon.

Funny how when driving around, the only people without masks are us gringos!

Deplorable how gringos don't give a F about anybody else, but feel their beliefs regardeng Covid are their own and come here and affect people who do care about themselves, their families and others, completely disrespect us.
We would all give our left arm for a vaccine and can't get one, but gringos come here unvaccinated and transmit it to all of us.
Really starting to hate my own people for this mentality.

Get a vaccine, were a mask and respect the people who are respecting you by at least wearing a mask! Or don't come!

Then I read an unvaccinated gringo has a stroke in LB and wants money to fly back to the US because the hospitals are full here with Covid cases.
Sorry dude, “ no room at the inn“ as our hospitals are full with Covid cases...good luck!

Please, if you come, at the very least respect the people you are “invading“

Happy new year

Not sure if that was directed at my previous post or in general...I had the delta variant in Oct '21 and then got vaxxed in early Dec. Seems like I should be as strongly immune as possible at this point. I'm not invading anyone - any more than the millions of people who visit Montana every year because there are unique things here for people to see & do. Our state has no mask or vax mandate and case numbers, death rates, ratios of vaxxed - unvaxxed are similar to other states. We had a large increase in delta cases in Sept/Oct of '21 as you'd expect and the numbers also show an almost perfect bell curve decrease thereafter as you'd expect as herd immunity worked its magic. Now omicron is just beginning to increase numbers. There is no significant difference in the hard-core mandated states and the unmandated states in case numbers, death rates etc. Politics lies - data doesn't. So - then, why is it so critical to force masks on people when there is no evidence of the effectiveness of masks? How reasonable is it to wear a mask in wide open spaces(beaches, out on the water) where transmission is pretty much impossible. Masks could possibly help if compliance was 100% and all protocols were diligently followed while wearing them such as in an operating room. There is no way a mass population is going to ever comply for the time lengths required, with all of the necessary due diligence. Every state(& country) with strict mandates are having the same problems as states without the mandates. Why is that hard to grasp? Why is it so hard to live your life without all the hostility?
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 05:40 AM

Happy new year

[Edited on 1-1-2022 by lewmt]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 07:19 AM

There is no way a mass population is going to ever comply for the time lengths required, with all of the necessary due diligence.

I'm glad you weren't around during World War Two. We seemed to be able to do it back then, and for those in London, from 1939-1945. Six years.

John
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 07:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
There is no way a mass population is going to ever comply for the time lengths required, with all of the necessary due diligence.

I'm glad you weren't around during World War Two. We seemed to be able to do it back then, and for those in London, from 1939-1945. Six years.

John

What? I'm talking mass population reality & you make a personal attack. 2 totally different circumstances and 2 totally different realities
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 09:44 AM

We're due to be in Todos Santos from Feb 3 to 11. Does anyone have any recent metrics for BCS?

Meanwhile the numbers have gone up dramatically here in the Northeast - even in Mask-a-chusetts. In the past few months 2 of my sons, a son-in-law and a grandson have all tested positive, but thankfully the symptoms were mild and they all recovered.

We're fully vaccinated and boosted and have been trying to avail ourselves of more frequent testing so as to have somewhat normal lives, even going so far as to spend Christmas with family. We still limit our ventures out in public and mask up when those ventures bring us indoors. It seems like the Fat Lady is just warming up.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 09:57 AM

"So - then, why is it so critical to force masks on people when there is no evidence of the effectiveness of masks?"

This is why this thing will continue to spread, and morph:(:(. Outdoors is one thing, but used indoors or in close contact with people, masks help prevent the spread, common sense.
Seat belts work, helmets work, condoms work, and so do masks.
Everyone here in Mexico knows at least one person whom has been lost to Covid. That's why the locals give distance when approached by an unmasked extranjero.

I'm beginning to think this is a Darwin moment.
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 10:23 AM

Forgive me for being a math nerd. I like to look at raw numbers and make evidentiary conclusions. We've had Covid for almost 2 years now in its variations. We have states and countries that are very strict in their mandates & we have states and countries that aren't. The raw numbers I see are statistically insignificant between them. Sadly far too much about this disease is political but numbers don't lie unless the input is manipulated.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  
"So - then, why is it so critical to force masks on people when there is no evidence of the effectiveness of masks?"

This is why this thing will continue to spread, and morph:(:(. Outdoors is one thing, but used indoors or in close contact with people, masks help prevent the spread, common sense.
Seat belts work, helmets work, condoms work, and so do masks.
Everyone here in Mexico knows at least one person whom has been lost to Covid. That's why the locals give distance when approached by an unmasked extranjero.

I'm beginning to think this is a Darwin moment.

Show one study that demonstrates common use of cloth facemasks by general public reduce infection or transmission, you can't because none exist.

Expectorant expressed from humans mouths and nose produce particles smaller than common facemasks can contain, while virus is a dead protein, non-living and does not enter into someone else and become alive. Virus is produced by individuals as part of normal cleansing of toxins and is healthy.

It is not healthy to wear a facemark to collect expectorant around your nose and throat, it is best to provide clear pathway to express mucos and breathe fresh air freely.

Others are not at risk from contact with you, each human body is capable of living within a biodiverse space and in fact benefits from exposure to biodiversity, both in biological ways we understand and in ways we truly to not entirely comprehend to inter-cummunicate successful survival information from messenger to RNA of one to another. It could be chemical, electrical, or steroidal. human biological intercommunication is a very interesting topic to explore.

We are all inter-communicating healthy survival information to each other through messenger RNA, the human is electronic as well as chemical, we affect each both positively and negatively to influence each other through healthy or debilitating behavior, bad habits, unhealthy diets, sloth, obesity, lack of exercise and poor nutrition.

Happy New Year Go Out and Enjoy Adventure
 Pages:  1  ..  54    56    58  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.