Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  55    57    59  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 11:34 AM

"Show one study that demonstrates common use of cloth facemasks by general public reduce infection or transmission, you can't because none exist."

Wow, just googled "effective of mask use against covid spread",
pages came up of studies from CDC, NIH, Stanford, Mayo Clinic, Web MD, etc.......
Oh I get it, they are all part of the "Deep State"

(Bannon is still out and accepting checks for the wall)
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 02:15 PM

Baja may want to close its doors to arrivals from California temporarily to protect itself?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/younger-adults-driv...

Los Angeles County recorded more than 27,000 new cases on the final day of 2021, far above last winter’s peak average of 16,000 cases a day. Nearly 1 in 4 people who are being tested are positive for a coronavirus infection, officials said.
Rates among the youngest adults — those 18 to 29 — are more than eight times higher than they were one month ago. And among adults in their 30s and 40s, cases are six times as high.
Case rates have doubled for children ages 5 to 11 and tripled for adults ages 65 to 79.

Adults of all ages are now bringing the virus home to infect their younger kids at alarming rates.

[Edited on 1-1-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 03:23 PM

Cases on the rise in Bahia Asuncion and neighboring communities. Schools have pushed back reopening until January 17.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 05:50 PM

It's called common cold, gripe, fever, normal, take care, recover, go out.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 07:58 PM

Not only are there no actual tests for SARS2 COVID of any kind with EUA for use anywhere in the world, there are also no EUA approved SARS2 COVID vaccines anywhere in the world.

Cormnaty is supposedly an FDA approved product, yet, has never been produced nor tested. There are no FDA approved vaccines for SARS2 COVID19 while there does exist an emergency use authorization for experimental purpose for various products, and currently those who submit to jabs are part of the phase 3 study to understand adverse negative affects, no successful tests on animals has been achieved nor successful test to include control groups.

No SARS2 COVID Tests nor Vaccines are currently FDA Approved for use anywhere in the world.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2022 at 08:59 PM

Two relatives in La Paz just got confirmed with Covid for second time around. Both vaccinated. Hopefully its the Omicron strain that broke through and they recover soon. Two others in household showing no symptoms yet.
They knew nothing about this heavily proven natural antibiotic immune boosting medication thats been used for over 8000 years, we Canadians use it every year during cold season to fight off cold symptoms in hot citrus drinks mixed with tylenol to reduce fevers:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5424551/

[Edited on 1-2-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 08:50 AM

I might have missed this question to gnu kid, or not.

Hey kid, are you vaccinated?
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 09:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

He has been asked several times but no answer that I noticed. Perhaps I missed it.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 09:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajabus  
Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

He has been asked several times but no answer that I noticed. Perhaps I missed it.

oldkid (Paul) has been vaccinated, but he continues to spout his anti-vaccine nonsense here.

Paul had to get vaccinated because his mother and siblings told him to stay away and pound sand if was unvaccinated.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 09:42 AM

Most recent study early results from South Africa indicates J&J vaccine increasingly protects against Omicron when used as booster resulting in far fewer hospitalizations than Pfizer and Moderna two shots

https://www.citizen.co.za/news/covid-19/2950409/jj-booster-e...

"When a booster shot was given six to nine months after the first dose, vaccine efficacy against hospitalisation increased over time, from 63% at 0-13 days to 85% one to two months post-boost."

"An earlier South African study in December found that two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine prevented hospital admissions by up to 70%. "

[Edited on 1-2-2022 by JDCanuck]

surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 10:35 AM

Does anyone know if knukid posts his antivax ramblings on other sites besides our treasured Baja Nomad site?

Thanks for clearing up whether he is vaccinated or not.

As for his motivation to post his 'stuff' on our site when he himself is vaccinated, does question the motives.

Do as I say, not what I actually do for myself, is particularly relevant in his case.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 11:28 AM

If I remember right, Gnukid posts criticisms of the new emergency approval mRNA vaccines, not the traditional weakened virus vaccines. I would suspect this is the vaccine he got. Not all vaccines are equal. Omicron seems to be showing additional susceptibility to traditional weakened virus vaccines (like the J&J) and may explain why the latest virus is dying so fast in countries where that was their most commonly distributed vaccine while continuing to explode rapidly in countries where the mRNA vaccines are the primary ones.

100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 11:30 AM

Thank you, JDC, for stating it succinctly. Maybe your one paragraph explanation will now allow a succinct response/criticism/understanding.

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 11:45 AM

This is an example of what is driving ppl nuts. This is not what being guided by science looks like.

Dr. Anthony Fauci on Sunday said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is considering further amending its isolation guidance for individuals who test positive for COVID-19 but remain asymptomatic.

Asked by host George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week" why the CDC does not require that individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 receive a negative test before leaving quarantine as an "extra layer of protection," Fauci said such a requirement is under consideration.

"You're right, there has been some concern about why we don't ask people at that five-day period to get tested. That is something that is now under consideration," Fauci said.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 02:16 PM

The usual deflection is expected from certain posters.

Hypocrisy is rampant, and oh so convenient with those few who expound and somehow do not follow their own positions.

Would you deniers step up for a change and stand by your support of anti vaxers and remain unvaccinated? I doubt it.

Of course not.

My ability to respect others opinions without them being honest about their own personal behavior does rile me up when they deny a treatment that has worked for hundreds of millions throughout the world. One can always dig up a few examples where there were adverse reactions, but consider the many who have saved themselves from a debilitating virus that can have lasting effects.

What fool would take that chance?

The term 'novel' appears to escape many.

If they want to deny the efficacy of the vaccines, then stand firm and remain unvaccinated and ultimately and eventually suffer the consequences.

Otherwise, you are just another hypocrite. We certainly have more than enough of them in our daily lives. Why do they feel impelled to crap all over us here?

If they do this here, and they are allowed to, so far, they must certainly be posting their anti-vax crap elsewhere.

Using our Nomad site for such 'stuff' is tough to take. If one sees something wrong, speak up. For all the good it will do.

Here is to a happy [ier] new year to all Nomads, and it does include those who continue to spout their mis, dis, vaccine information. Even you deserve well wishes along with some hopes for an awakening and a deep look into a mirror.

One is either acting in concert to a solution, or adding to the ongoing problem. We certainly have a few of the problem supporting members here.

May this year be a truly new year for all of us. Omicron will run its course soon enough. If that gives us some daylight for awhile, we will take it.

There will be more variations coming. It is the nature of corona virus's to mutate endlessly. Nothing new there. We got lucky this time with Omicron. Not so much with Delta, which has not gone away. it isn't as communicable as Omicron. Small blessings, indeed.

Looks like another winter in Mudville.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 02:31 PM

Don't get stuck in the prison of two ideas. You can be anti-mandate and pro-vaxx.

At this point it should be obvious that getting vaxxed isn't going to stop the spread.

Ppl who are older and/or a risk absolutely should get vaxxed. For others, it makes less sense.

My teen kids are vaxxed. But won't be getting boosted. I wouldn't vax my kids if they were 5-11. Wife and I are vaxxed and boosted.

It's our personal choice. Just like it is your personal choice based on your circumstances.

I think by Feb/Mar things will be a lot better. We'll see.

[Edited on 1-2-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 03:02 PM

I think most of us continue to look for what is working best at present, and this seems to be constantly changing. For some they may decide one of the mRNAs is the best vaccine going ahead, for some they may prefer in concert with their doctors to get the Nova vax or the J&J or one of the other traditional vaccines. This doesn't necessarily make them antivax, just not in agreement with your choice of vaccines. Here in BC Canada, we generally have no choice, you get the vaccine they are distributing the day you go in, and this increasingly has become a mix of one of 3 presently approved vaccines. I happened to get 2 Pfizer's my wife 2 Moderna's and most of those that were given a third one were purposely given a different one than the first two and told this was superior to repeating the same one 3 times.

Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 04:27 PM

You guys and gals keep beating this horse and it's not dead yet! Last year I posted my experience with this China Virus and seeing as these forums are still going strong with opinion and insults and very little credible information, here's my .02 cents worth. (I just couldn't resist anymore).

July of 2020 I got covid (aka China Virus or Fauci Virus) on a trip to Montana & Idaho from a lady I picked up in San Diego. 10 days later in Idaho she started her symptoms, we flew home and quarantined for 14 days. I tested positive 14 days after my exposure and quarantined for another 10 days.

November 2020 through May 2021 I tested positive for antibodies June I was negative. Thinking oh shoot what'll I do I'm vulnerable now I procrastinated on getting vaxed and went about my business which is essential (trucking) so I can continue to help feed and cloth all the basement dwellers.

Being exposed to several people that ended up positive I thought that was odd I still wasn't getting it. Move to October and a trip to Montana in da plane where the people my friend and I stayed with announced they were positive for China Virus. Oh shoot honey time to go home (after 3 days of exposure).

Friend had a cough on the trip home and tested positive 3 days later. Of course we quarantined and only left the house to do drive up testing. I tested negative for covid 3x in the next 2 1/2 weeks. Thinking this was odd after the exposure I'd had to 6 people that got it I tested for antibodies again (late October) and voila I gotem again.

I'll take that gimme. Through November I'd had (close) exposure to at least another 8 people and still hadn't gotten it. (All my office staff got it except me plus 2 of my company drivers & 1 owner operators) Another antibody test early December was positive. I'll continue to test for antibodies periodically through this year and hope for the best.

I don't discourage anybody from getting vaxed, everyone I know that was vaxed and got it had much less illness than the ones including me that weren't. Symptoms were less and lasted less time.

The moral of the story is if you think you need the vax get it but I' d get tested for antibodies first then make your decision. I've got 1 employee that's been in the hospital since November 29 is 76 y/o didn't get vaxed is on a rebreather and 10L of O2 and I'm not sure he's going to make it. Instead of taking time to berate me say a prayer for him....then you can start your own rant

Go in peace brothers and sisters Happy New year safe travels

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 02:07 AM

FDA states Antigen test can not test for current variants, results are likely inaccurate

SARS-CoV-2 Viral Mutations: Impact on COVID-19 Tests

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and...
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 02:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Yep, since gringo season started here the vast majority of the ones i see in the stores are bare faced but the locals are about 90+% masked whenever they enter.

Maybe it's because the gringos are double and triple vaccinated while the locals aren't? Just a guess.
 Pages:  1  ..  55    57    59  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.