Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  56    58    60  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 06:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Yep, since gringo season started here the vast majority of the ones i see in the stores are bare faced but the locals are about 90+% masked whenever they enter.

Maybe it's because the gringos are double and triple vaccinated while the locals aren't? Just a guess.

OR, maybe they are inconsiderate aholes, who subscribe to the notion that Mexico is their personal consequence free playground.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 07:01 AM

Gildergeek: Interesting story, so it appears that while you are listed as one of those that is unvaccinated, you have developed your own naturally produced antibodies and are finding fewer symptoms each time you contract it from exposure to others, is this correct? I often wondered why those who recovered naturally after exposure were never studied for how effectively their immune systems continued to protect them. It might allow the people who desperately want the vaccines to receive them rather than multiple vaccines pushed on those that don't.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 08:17 AM

Latest of 5 approved vaccines in Netherlands is gaining ground globally. Here are the reasons why Novavax is being introduced:

Novavax's CEO has argued his company's vaccine "could help overcome key barriers to global vaccination, including the challenges of global distribution and vaccine hesitancy".

Results from clinical trials released in June showed 90.4% efficacy against the disease, and 100% efficacy against severe to moderate cases.

The company also said it was "evaluating its vaccine against the Omicron variant" and working on a version specific to it.

The European Commission has already signed a contract with Novavax for the advance purchase of 200 million doses of its vaccine once it has been approved by the EMA.

But Novavax has struggled with months of delays amid what a group of MEPs recently called "production problems".

Indonesia and the Philippines have already approved Novavax's jab, while Japan has agreed to buy 150 million doses.

Novavax says it has also filed for approval in Britain, India, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and with the World Health Organization.

The World Health Organization granted emergency use listing for the vaccine late last week.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 02:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
It's called common cold, gripe, fever, normal, take care, recover, go out.

Wow, that must be one gnarly gripe to have killed millions of people...others of a certain education level would call that a pandemic.

Cant say I have ever heard a more ignorant statement in my whole life.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
It's called common cold, gripe, fever, normal, take care, recover, go out.

Wow, that must be one gnarly gripe to have killed millions of people...others of a certain education level would call that a pandemic.

Cant say I have ever heard a more ignorant statement in my whole life.

People (seniors in particular) were killed by neglect, abandonment, no treatment, those who treated were given Remdesevir which has over 50% mortality and intimation which has over 80% mortality. It has been a medical malfeasance as primary cause of deaths.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 05:08 PM

This study shows that a short time after vaccination of Moderna or Pfizer, people are far worse off in regards to covid type illness and complications.

Vaccine effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2 infection with the Omicron or Delta variants following a two-dose or booster BNT162b2 or mRNA-1273 vaccination series: A Danish cohort study: See long version and PDF linked below.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.20.21267966v...

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.20.21267966v...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 07:27 PM

This study shows that a short time after vaccination of Moderna or Pfizer, people are far worse off in regards to covid type illness and complications.

That’s not what it says.

Your reading comprehension is very poor, Paul.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 10:19 PM

Our village is going back to restrictions along with the rest of BCS. Schools are not going to open until at least January 17, no public events (surf contest cancelled), and other limitations as well.

Maybe JZ should consult with the government officials being that he knows it all:barf:

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2022 at 10:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Our village is going back to restrictions along with the rest of BCS. Schools are not going to open until at least January 17, no public events (surf contest cancelled), and other limitations as well.

Maybe JZ should consult with the government officials being that he knows it all:barf:

Remote Baja is a lot different from the US. That probably makes a lot of sense given the resources available to the small town.

If you've watched the news the last week, you'll notice the beginning of a major Covid policy shift occurring in the US. And it's not coming from the right. It is a movement I agree with.

[Edited on 1-4-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 06:17 AM

intimation which has over 80% mortality. It has been a medical malfeasance as primary cause of deaths.

Intimation????

People dying of "hints and indirect references" is pretty hard to believe.

INTUBATION, on the other hand, is only used on the most critically ill, who probably had about a 100% mortality rate without. It's a last ditch effort, not a therapeutic. What do you expect, miracles????

John
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 06:52 AM

Jz: I have noticed a growing recognition especially dealing with Omicron and the extreme shortage of health care staff levels it has produced that lockdown measures are further reducing societies' ability to function adequately with surging cases to deal with. Our left of center government here has exempted all health care and emergency staff's children for instance from school closures this time around. A slight improvement from previous lockdowns. Cancellation of all scheduled surgeries will however produce it's own collateral fatalities as it did previously. Shrinking availability of staffed ICU and acute beds is increasingly the major issue.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 07:13 AM

The Scandinavian countries including Sweden resisted major lockdowns and substantially increased the number of staffed ICU's and acute hospital beds early on and received the benefits in rapidly falling fatalities of that move. Italy, Spain on the other hand went into the most extreme initial lockdowns and the results are obvious now in retrospect.

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 07:21 AM

Might I suggest this? Find the local nurse in your area and offer to look after their children temporarily if there are school closures in your area so they can return to doing what they do best? We simply cannot afford to lose them at this point.

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 07:29 AM

The U.S. is up to a million cases a day now according to Bloomberg. According to the NY Times, hospitalizations are up 41% but deaths are down 3%. You are 5 times as likely to become infected if unvaxed and 13 times more likely to become hospitalized or dead if unvaxed. I do know several vaxed peeps who have breakthrough omicron infections but all of them have mild symptoms are are riding it out at home. Like most Americans I spent the holidays with close friends and family. So far so good. I am not worried about getting sick anymore - I'm vaxed and boosted. This variant is going to blow through the population and hopefully covid will be endemic like the flu or a cold when it is done. Hooray. I hope all y'all are vaxed and boosted.
Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 02:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Gildergeek: Interesting story, so it appears that while you are listed as one of those that is unvaccinated, you have developed your own naturally produced antibodies and are finding fewer symptoms each time you contract it from exposure to others, is this correct? I often wondered why those who recovered naturally after exposure were never studied for how effectively their immune systems continued to protect them. It might allow the people who desperately want the vaccines to receive them rather than multiple vaccines pushed on those that don't.

JDC I really can't tell you if I've had it more than once, but either I had a false negative in June of 21 or as suggested by my primary (who's been cooperative with testing) I ran out of antibodies (6-9 mos was his prediction) and was re infected subsequently and (antibodies) restarted with the help of T cells.

To date I've counted 9 people I know who've been vaxed that have been infected post vax. And 13 people that hadn't been vaxed that have gotten it one who has died on a ventilator, 2 that were hospitalized (one still is as mentioned in my OP).

I think the reason you questioned about study of natural immunity is because it does not fit the narrative of of the CDC and other organizations and frankly ignored like it is not a factor (it very much is). I do feel comfortable working in an office where I know everyone has had it and recovered and has antibodies.

Treatment of infected people should be a priority and is being ignored. My son was treated in the hospital with Veklury (aka remdesivir) after 5 days of infection and I'm reasonably sure it saved his life.

Today the President made a statement encouraging masking up and vaccinations and at no time in his speech encouraged the medical industry to step up treatments, it would and could save many lives. we're only being told of the 1 million positive cases being reported today, not the fact that all the survivors will have antibodies.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  
Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  

JDC I really can't tell you if I've had it more than once, but either I had a false negative in June of 21 or as suggested by my primary (who's been cooperative with testing) I ran out of antibodies (6-9 mos was his prediction) and was re infected subsequently and (antibodies) restarted with the help of T cells.

To date I've counted 9 people I know who've been vaxed that have been infected post vax. And 13 people that hadn't been vaxed that have gotten it one who has died on a ventilator, 2 that were hospitalized (one still is as mentioned in my OP).

I think the reason you questioned about study of natural immunity is because it does not fit the narrative of of the CDC and other organizations and frankly ignored like it is not a factor (it very much is). I do feel comfortable working in an office where I know everyone has had it and recovered and has antibodies.

Treatment of infected people should be a priority and is being ignored. My son was treated in the hospital with Veklury (aka remdesivir) after 5 days of infection and I'm reasonably sure it saved his life.

Today the President made a statement encouraging masking up and vaccinations and at no time in his speech encouraged the medical industry to step up treatments, it would and could save many lives. we're only being told of the 1 million positive cases being reported today, not the fact that all the survivors will have antibodies.

It makes sense that govt focuses on prevention of disease. If you prevent it, you dont need to treat it.

Prevention is the best cure.

There are many focusing on developing treatment, so really dont care if public health programs focus on prevention and dont waste time messaging about treatments.

Wear a mask, dont lick door knobs, get vaccinated, and avoid being hospitalized. It’s so easy, even you can do it!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 02:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  

Treatment of infected people should be a priority and is being ignored.

Not true. No one is ignoring treatment.
But you need to focus the masses on preventing it. Once the clinics and hospitals fill up, you run out of space to treat people.

Woke!

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 02:47 PM

Once we run out of staffing to treat people in hospitals, they are going to have to start treating themselves or family members at home. This is the time to be advertising self initiated treatments I think, especially since they need to be begun very soon after symptoms show.
I'm really hopeful this early stage pill treatment becomes readily available. My family members in Baja (both vaccinated) that cannot get into a hospital now really need an effective treatment plan they can get initiate quickly, especially with the breakthrough rates Omicron is showing.
Omicron is a double edged sword, rapidly moving through the population providing additional protection from past and hopefully future strains with longer lasting natural immunity build..

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 08:19 PM

Quote: " LA PAZ, Mexico — COVID-19 infections are rising across Mexico, especially in two states home to major tourism destinations on the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean that were busy during the holiday season.

According to data from the federal government, Quintana Roo, where tourists flock to Cancun, Tulum and other spots along the Mayan Riviera, and Baja California Sur, which draws beachgoers to the twin Pacific resorts that make up Los Cabos, are both experiencing some of their highest infection totals since the start of the pandemic.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said Tuesday that despite the new variant being very contagious, the country was not seeing rising hospitalizations.

Mexico has vaccinated 88% of adults and has started giving a third shot to the elderly as well as health care workers. Teachers will begin receiving the booster in the coming days."

JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2022 at 09:55 PM

Traditional vaccines (J&J, Astrazenica and now Novavax) and natural immunity are increasingly showing themselves to be superior to the mRNA vaccines against Omicron over longer periods. My date for getting the booster to my two Pfizer vaccines is approaching in about 2 months and I am increasingly leaning towards one of the three others if they are made available to me. I want my natural immunity system to have the very best protection in years ahead to future rounds of influenza.

Pages:  1  ..  56    58    60  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.