Pages:  1  ..  36    38
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 05:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
"I believe in the sanctity of the individual, is.. is more important than the sanctity of the collective."
Tell that to the women of Texas.

John
No argument here; I'm just quoting Dr. Malone. :smug:

I realize that, wasn't directed at you, but Dr. Malone's complete idiocy.

John
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 05:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I listened to it. I used 1.5 speed, totally intelligible and it took less time.

Two important issues are not addressed.

1. Where would we be today without the COVID vaccines?

2. The solid evidence that vaccinated people, even when they do become infected, are much less likely to be hospitalized and die.

#1 bothered me as well. He talks about the ills of vaccination but never flips the coin and compare it to no vaccination. He states that they're 50% effective and those people become super spreaders. What kind of spreaders would they become had they become infected without a vaccinations? We know that vaccinated people don't become as sick when they do get sick. So you have 50% more people infected and since they're more seriously infected (coughing and sneezing) they spread the virus much more.

I'll take his word that a natural immunity is stronger than one with a vaccine. What's surprising about that? The sicker you get the greater the immune response. If you recover from a serious infection then yes you will have immune cells up the ying yang. The body doesn't want to go through that again.

He brings up the side effect of shingle reactivation. That happened to me. I was not surprised. A lot of things that tax your immune system reactivate them. That's how that virus works. Was that compared to how shingle virus is affected by a non vaxed covid infection? I'll lay odds that it does as well. I get shingle activation by just spending a lot of time in a moldy room. Just take a round Acyclovir and it's under control. We have good medicine for shingles.

Initially I was really impressed with this video but then I noticed that in every instance he came down on the side of political right. He trashes Fauci several times. For a scientist he's remarkably biased. Yet his credentials cannot be denied. Just goes to show that even scientists can cherry pick information should they choose to.

But he makes good points. Flu vaccines are given during the offseason when the pathogen is inactive. We're administering the covid vaccines during a full blown epidemic. They're definitely not going to be as successful.

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by Skipjack Joe]
surabi
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 07:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Finally, words of wisdom from a celebrity:

Nicki Minaj:
"My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied."

Words of wisdom? You really are farther gone than I even thought.

"My cousin told me that a friend of his told him that his girlfriend told him she was splitting up with him because he has swollen testicles. And he thinks it's from the vaccine, so that's enough scientific evidence for me not to want to get vaxed."

Your "celebrity" is getting roundly trounced for her idiotic tweet, btw.

It was a joke, sweet heart.

Maybe you should put a smiley face after what you are posting as a joke. It's hard to tell, since most if the things you post seriously are ridiculous.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 07:12 PM

Ditto there surabi :coolup
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 08:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  
Ditto there surabi :coolup

Careful guys.... you might be accused of being stalkers ....and become at risk of being banned for "ad hominem personal attacks" even if your comments are accurate... :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 08:25 PM

Pursue personal health, nutrition, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, and social contact.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 08:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

I've stopped opening gnukid's links or responding to his posts long time ago.

Big announcement: No One Listens to Alm who objects to sourced relevant studies and articles to the topic.

Alm provides no objective quantitative or qualitative data, no sources and no argument?

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting...

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by gnukid]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Very stable genius!

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 09:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

I've stopped opening gnukid's links or responding to his posts long time ago.

Big announcement: No One Listens to Alm who objects to sourced relevant studies and articles to the topic.

Alm provides no objective quantitative or qualitative data, no sources and no argument?

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting...

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by gnukid]

Oldkid,
And they listen to you?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2021 at 09:29 PM

"I believe in the sanctity of the individual, is.. is more important than the sanctity of the collective."

John

John

It was worth posting Dr. Malone’s video just to watch the clueless lightweights unqualified to shine his shoes dump on him.😂😂
JDCanuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 12:24 AM

Haven't seen any recent postings listing La Paz covid situation, but now that we arrived at last, have noticed almost complete adherence to mask wearing and social distancing, lots of temperature checks to enter major stores and especially hospitals, so looks very hopeful from our side.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 05:52 AM

Nineteen months into the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States reached a grim milestone: more than 1 in 500 Americans have now died from the virus.

As of Sept. 15, at least 665,496 Americans have died of COVID-19, according to Johns Hopkins University. When the country, which has a population of more than 332.7 million, surpassed 663,000 deaths on Tuesday, that meant 1 in 500 people had died.

The rate of deaths are disproportionately skewed towards the elderly and people of color. Though people over age 85 are 2% of the population, they accounted for a quarter of the death toll, The Washington Post reported. One in 35 people over age 85 died of COVID-19, compared 1 in 150 people between the ages of 65 and 84 and 1 in 780 of people aged 40 to 64.

In that youngest age group, from 40 to 64, people of color were far more likely to die of the virus. One in 240 Native Americans, 1 in 390 Hispanics and 1 in 480 Black people died from COVID-19, compared to 1 in 1,300 white or Asian people.

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 06:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

John

John

It was worth posting Dr. Malone’s video just to watch the clueless lightweights unqualified to shine his shoes dump on him.😂😂

Someone sounds butt hurt.

John
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 06:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
Haven't seen any recent postings listing La Paz covid situation, but now that we arrived at last, have noticed almost complete adherence to mask wearing and social distancing, lots of temperature checks to enter major stores and especially hospitals, so looks very hopeful from our side.

In the past week, the number of La Paz active cases decreased 35%.

The delta surge in BCS has peaked and is subsiding.

BC numbers are essentially unchanged.

In the absence of enough vaccines to go around, Mexicans are doing a good job of containing the virus by behaving intelligently when going about their day-to-day lives.

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 09:01 AM
OH NO ?

Another Conspiracy ?

Actually, IF the decision HAD been made prior to the Recall (not runoff) election, it would have been proper (and common practice) to delay notification until after the election.

There is a history of last-minute revelations having NOTHING to do with the candidates influencing election voting.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 11:34 AM

16 Sep 2021 - Active Cases in Hospital

Data Sources:

BC - Comisión Estatal de Servicios Públicos de Tijuana -
https://m.facebook.com/CesptOficial/

BCS - https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/casos-covid-19/

"active cases are those that are two weeks old and can be contagious today. This is known by laboratory tests of people who go to hospitals."

https://coronavirus.gob.mx/2020/04/30/conferencia-30-de-abri...

Note: There's a break in the data between fall 2020 and spring 2021. That's when I'm on the beach on Bahia Concepcion.

[Edited on 9-16-2021 by SFandH]

Screenshot 2021-09-16 11.36.33 AM.png - 95kB

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
lencho
Junior Nomad

Mood: Somnoliento

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 12:28 PM

Thank you for posting something useful and on topic!

Pity we have to wade through so much other self-pleasuring noise in order to get at it. :(

"I can normally tell how intelligent a man is, by how stupid he thinks I am."

"...they were careful of their demeanor that they not be thought to have opinions on what they heard for like most men skilled at their work they were scornful of any least suggestion of knowing anything not learned at first hand."
            Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses

"Be kind, be patient, help others." -- Isabel Allende
willardguy
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 12:36 PM

Thank you for posting something useful and on topic!

Pity we have to wade through so much other self-pleasuring noise in order to get at it. :(

yeah, scrolling down can really be a challenge!;)
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 03:12 PM

Are people aware of the broad use of Remdesivir in US hospitals for people who test positive for corona, and are immediately placed in ICU regardless of being asymptomatic, due to positive result with high threshold count use of RT PCR which can not identify any viral strain, while Remdesivir is known for resulting in kidney failure and death in 50% of patients who take it?
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 03:15 PM

Kid I have not seen anything you have posted that even comes close to a fact. :P
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2021 at 04:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ligui  
Kid I have not seen anything you have posted that even comes close to a fact. :P

Oldkid says he posts peer reviewed studies. Unfortunately, the peers in his world of misinformation are all coocoo or partisan hacks.

Woke!

Pages:  1  ..  36    38

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.