Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  59    61    63  ..  73
Author: Subject: BC and BCS COVID-19 Active Cases
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
If I do come across the occasional person who is not wearing a mask indoors, I assume they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing one.

The US is a lot different. And varies greatly by state and even from county to county.

FL has been mask optional for 1.5yrs.

San Diego and Ventura Counties in CA were mask optional most of last Fall. They are again now. We went to a big trade show in SD last week and only a 3rd were wearing masks.

LA County has been the worst. But finally ppl are saying screw in and not bothering to wear one regardless what it says on the door.

Went to a Rams game in Oct. They said outside the stadium 50 times to wear a mask. Inside hardly anyone did. Same for the Rose Bowl in January.

It's just pitiful what they have done making kids wear masks for 8 hrs a day. When the science clearly says that is the wrong thing to do.

The at risk should be wear masks. And not any mask, anN85 mask. Cloth masks are absolutely worthless and surgical masks are only a bit better.

We do use the surgical masks despite their limitations, but if it makes other people feel safer we will comply despite our personal risks in doing so. Glasses, masks and cold weather produces its own set of risks, especially driving, where I refuse to wear one if I'm driving. I noticed in La Paz pretty much everyone wore them constantly even when driving alone in cars and after they had gone to green level. I was told it was a law requirement.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 01:33 PM

We do use the surgical masks despite their limitations, but if it makes other people feel safer we will comply despite our personal risks in doing so. Glasses, masks and cold weather produces its own set of risks, especially driving, where I refuse to wear one if I'm driving. I noticed in La Paz pretty much everyone wore them constantly even when driving alone in cars and after they had gone to green level. I was told it was a law requirement.

I use Uber a lot out here. Used it all through the pandemic.

Definitely wore a mask until we had vaccines. Now just ask if the driver if they care if we wear a mask. 90% say it's fine not to wear one. Of that 90%, 70-80% take theirs off. 20-30% wear one.

I don't understand how ppl have gonna their identities tied to having a mask. They will keep wearing them well after the govt. tells them they don't have to.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 02:04 PM

Definitely wore a mask until we had vaccines. Now just ask if the driver if they care if we wear a mask. 90% say it's fine not to wear one. Of that 90%, 70-80% take theirs off. 20-30% wear one.

I don't understand how ppl have gonna their identities tied to having a mask. They will keep wearing them well after the govt. tells them they don't have to.

What does it matter whether the driver cares or not?

Who has their "identities tied to a mask"? That's some conservative nonsense based on nothing.

And I thought you don' t like the govt. telling you what to do. So if someone chooses to keep themselves and others safe by continuing to wear a mask in public places because in their judgement it is still a good idea, why would you find that something to demean? And what business is it of yours?
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 02:16 PM

I noticed in La Paz pretty much everyone wore them constantly even when driving alone in cars and after they had gone to green level.

You have no idea why someone is driving alone with a mask on, so there is no basis on which to judge them for it. For all you know, they just had someone in their vehicle who is unvaxed and refuses to wear a mask, or may be about to pick someone up. Or the driver may have mild symptoms and not want to expose the person they just dropped off or are about to pick up. Perhaps they share the vehicle with others and have all agreed to wear a mask whole driving so as to keep the vehicle free of possible contamination.

I put on my mask when approaching a stop light where a bunch of maskless people trying to sell ypu something or wash your windshield run up to your open window.

[Edited on 2-26-2022 by surabi]

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 02:32 PM

FL has been mask optional for 1.5yrs.

Cloth masks are absolutely worthless

Hogwash. "Cloth mask" is a catch-all term that can mean anything from a thin cotton bandana to a triple layer mask made of tightly woven fabrics. Proper cloth masks have been proven on many studies to provide good protection from the virus. Not 100%, but far from "worthless".

And Florida's no mask policies have resulted in the 3rd highest number of infections of any US state. Their death rate is nothing to brag about, either.

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

What does it matter whether the driver cares or not?

Who has their "identities tied to a mask"? That's some conservative nonsense based on nothing.

And I thought you don' t like the govt. telling you what to do. So if someone chooses to keep themselves and others safe by continuing to wear a mask in public places because in their judgement it is still a good idea, why would you find that something to demean? And what business is it of yours?

If the driver wants us to wear a mask, we do. That's why it matters what the driver's preference is.

Come on little lady, you know I don't care at all if ppl wear masks, as long as they don't overly force it on others. Getting in someone's car and being asked to wear a mask is very reasonable.

I'm just saying some people have made it part of their identity. It's fine, but weird.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 06:32 PM

I'm just saying some people have made it part of their identity. It's fine, but weird.

Which people? You can say something endlessly, but that doesn't mean it has a shred of truth.

And addressing women as "little lady" is misogynistic.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Which people? You can say something endlessly, but that doesn't mean it has a shred of truth.

And addressing women as "little lady" is misogynistic.

My apologies. It won't it again.

[Edited on 2-27-2022 by JZ]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 09:08 PM

What is weird is you people getting your panties in a bunch over masks, convinced you have lost your civil liberties, etc.

Wearing a mask in public spaces is so simple and easy, I just don’t see what your objection is. It’s no more difficult than obeying rules to wear clothes in public, keep your shoes on, don’t walk into a restaurant without a shirt, etc.

If the mask helps even a little bit in maintaining public health, then just wear the flocking mask without complaining! It is such a minor thing!

You anti-mask zealots are the biggest bunch of snowflake crybabies I have ever seen!

[Edited on 2-27-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-26-2022 at 11:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

What is weird is you people getting your panties in a bunch over masks, convinced you have lost your civil liberties, etc.

Wearing a mask in public spaces is so simple and easy, I just don’t see what your objection is. It’s no more difficult than obeying rules to wear clothes in public, keep your shoes on, don’t walk into a restaurant without a shirt, etc.

If the mask helps even a little bit in maintaining public health, then just wear the flocking mask without complaining! It is such a minor thing!

You anti-mask zealots are the biggest bunch of snowflake crybabies I have ever seen!

[Edited on 2-27-2022 by mtgoat666]

Sorry bud, human beings weren't meant to cover their faces. Facial expressions are a very important aspect of our existence.

If you want to wear a mask in a car all alone 500 miles from the population, go for it.

Not the world I want my kids to grow up in.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 10:47 AM

Sorry bud, human beings weren't meant to cover their faces. Facial expressions are a very important aspect of our existence.

Japanese are human and have been wearing masks for hundreds of years. Facial expressions are important, you're right about that. If we lived in Japan, I doubt anyone would be complaining about masks. Complainers might be viewed as dolts.

CDC never said throw out the masks. They said ppl can ease off wearing them. I think masks are here to stay. Until things settle and are eradicated, that's how it is.

Things are different in Florida and Texas. California is the wrong state for you JZ. Think you know that.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 11:09 AM

So I assume since we are now talking about masks, they are still mandatory in shared indoor spaces in La Paz despite going to green level? Is this correct? What are the present rules in outdoor areas? Mandatory if not enough space between people? Beaches fully opened?

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 11:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
So I assume since we are now talking about masks, they are still mandatory in shared indoor spaces in La Paz despite going to green level? Is this correct? What are the present rules in outdoor areas? Mandatory if not enough space between people? Beaches fully opened?

don't know about baja sur but up here we went to green on monday and masks are still required indoors
https://ensenada.net/noticias/nota.php?id=67124&fbclid=I...

its kind of unclear just where they're referring to as "baja california" I think?

[Edited on 2-27-2022 by Don Pisto]

Thanks Don Pisto: As my Spanish is essentially non-existent I attempted to read what it stated on masks, but it kinda looked to me like they were talking about schools in that paragraph where they mentioned cubrebocas?

surfhat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 11:49 AM

Who freaking cares what the recent rules are?

Masking up has always been about showing you care about others.

Not wearing masks shows who you choose to be.

I know which side I want to be known for. It is so easy to show you care about others.

While the pandemic is currently moving to the endemic stage, being fully vaccinated and boostered, and wearing masks in public should be the least we do for our Baja friends.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, will be judged later when history has its say, sit always does.

The shortsighted, if they live long enough may learn something, or not. Some will not learn a thing. We have a few here that proudly espouse a viewpoint that will not serve them well in the years ahead. They however will persist unabated. It is their right.

It is the rest ours right to call bs on them every time and I appreciate you Nomads who call them out every time. It is so deserved. The unabashed hypocrisy continues to astound me. The cult of personality knows no bounds.
Don Pisto
Banned

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 11:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

don't know about baja sur but up here we went to green on monday and masks are still required indoors
https://ensenada.net/noticias/nota.php?id=67124&fbclid=I...

its kind of unclear just where they're referring to as "baja california" I think?

[Edited on 2-27-2022 by Don Pisto]

Thanks Don Pisto: As my Spanish is essentially non-existent I attempted to read what it stated on masks, but it kinda looked to me like they were talking about schools in that paragraph where they mentioned cubrebocas?

yeah I took it down I believe this speaks of Baja "norte" and not the area you're inquiring about and it would only lead to an argument....you know how they roll here;)

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 01:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  
Who freaking cares what the recent rules are?

Masking up has always been about showing you care about others.

Not wearing masks shows who you choose to be.

I know which side I want to be known for. It is so easy to show you care about others.

While the pandemic is currently moving to the endemic stage, being fully vaccinated and boostered, and wearing masks in public should be the least we do for our Baja friends.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, will be judged later when history has its say, sit always does.

The shortsighted, if they live long enough may learn something, or not. Some will not learn a thing. We have a few here that proudly espouse a viewpoint that will not serve them well in the years ahead. They however will persist unabated. It is their right.

It is the rest ours right to call bs on them every time and I appreciate you Nomads who call them out every time. It is so deserved. The unabashed hypocrisy continues to astound me. The cult of personality knows no bounds.

Nothing is black and white. Everything should have a societal risk/benefit analysis applied to it.

If we didn't, we wouldn't be driving cars, which kill and severely injured many.

Wearing masks outside has very little value, unless in a very crowded space. But yet some governments mandated it. In spite of the science.

The vast majority of kids are at no risk to Covid and are very low spreaders. Yet, some governments are forcing them to wear masks for 8 hours a day despite the numerous studies saying masks negatively impact childhood development.

In some regards, ppl at risk can be selfish by demanding others to wear masks. More so in some circumstances, than others.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 02:23 PM

With falling rates of positive tests, far fewer hospitalized cases, and relatively high vaccination rates in Nevada County, the school board made mask wearing in our local high school 'optional'.

The school closed down when over 40% of the teachers called in sick!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 04:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

The school closed down when over 40% of the teachers called in sick!

Man...that's a lot of sick teachers at one time, was this because of a huge spike in Omicron? We've never seen anything close to that here. Service workers in restaurants never ever came close to that rate.

oh...gotcha...they booked off sick so the school had to shut down. Sorta an informal strike to get a paid vacation rather than give up wages.

[Edited on 2-28-2022 by JDCanuck]

Marty Mateo
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 07:15 PM

“ people at risk can be selfish by demanding others to wear masks “

That has to be one of the most narcissistic statements and on top of your misogynistic “little lady “ insult just proves that you are a sad little keyboard troll. It’s stunning just how far some peoples heads are up there backside that they fixate on the masks as some kind of trauma for children yet can’t let go of their gun fetishizes which cause schools to have active shooter drills. Why don’t you apply your “risk/benefit analysis “ to your delusional U.S. beliefs that more guns equals a safer society. Hopefully we take what we’ve learned over the last 2 years and wear masks during flu and when we are feeling sick . The Canadian women’s hockey team beat Russia 6 to 1 all while wearing masks, no toddler like tantrums or whining from them
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2022 at 07:50 PM

If you want to wear a mask in a car all alone 500 miles from the population, go for it.

Not the world I want my kids to grow up in.

Human beings are biologically tribal, like all mammals. What they were "meant" to do is behave in a way that ensures the survival of the pack. If that means wearing masks not to spread a highly contagious disease, that is what members of a group that wants to survive does. It's the capitalist, every man for himself attitude and behavior that is the aberration and not how human beings were "meant" to behave.

Driving alone with a mask on 500 miles from civization? Where on earth do you come up with these absurd scenarios? And why? All they do is make you look stupid.
 Pages:  1  ..  59    61    63  ..  73

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.