Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Amigos
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2020 at 06:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Phil C  
Yes a little confusing. That was January. I have seen reports that the road is complete all the way to Hwy 1 now, although I cannot personally confirm that.

I've done that route to and from San Diego two times in the past four months. Both times we saved about 2 hours versus going through Tijuana/Otay.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-6-2020 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

You can be part of the fix by posting some stories about Baja.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=94736

Don't believe everything you think....
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-6-2020 at 05:35 PM

I wonder why some of these guys are on this board. They contribute nothing but ridicule, sarcasm and negativity. No trip reports; no pictures.

Exercise regularly. Eat sensibly. Die anyway.
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2020 at 03:48 PM

Oh my march back in time - there was such pleasant interactions on the original Amigos board!
The Robitaille family … Bernie Swaim … Ann Hazard - we bought her cookbooks … Travel Pearl (RIP) , Mindy, I cant remember the name of the woman that lost her husband and we bought books to help her ? The pilot (gosh he is such a legend and I just cannot recall his name - we bought his books too
Help remember others ?
We enjoyed sending in reports from Cabo .. it was such a wonderful beginning.
Cheers and regards to all.

[Edited on 7-9-2020 by CaboMagic]

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2020 at 09:29 PM

Carlos Fiesta
Mike Humfreville

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2020 at 08:08 AM

Thank you elgatoloco :D

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-9-2020 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  
Oh my march back in time - there was such pleasant interactions on the original Amigos board!
The Robitaille family … Bernie Swaim … Ann Hazard - we bought her cookbooks … Travel Pearl (RIP) , Mindy, I cant remember the name of the woman that lost her husband and we bought books to help her ? The pilot (gosh he is such a legend and I just cannot recall his name - we bought his books too
DK help me remember others ?
We enjoyed sending in reports from Cabo .. it was such a wonderful beginning.
Cheers and regards to all.

So sad to lose friends to death... Seems like so many now...

Pilots who have written Baja books include Jimmy Smith (The Grinning Gargoyle Spills the Beans) and Dave Deal (who illustrated Jimmy's book). Dave wrote books about the search for Noah's ark and the creation of the earth and he raced the early Mexican 1000s, before Score. He is maybe best known for his comics in Car-TOON magazine, off-road racing themed ads, the Armorall Viking, and most of the talking cars in the Pixel movie CARS.

Fred Hoctor (author of Baja HaHa) had a large hospital bill after he died so Baja Nomads Paulina and Baja Bernie helped to sell his books to help his widow retire that bill.

Some other Amigos or Nomads who we don't or won't see posting any longer include:

Baja Mur
Neal Johns
Dave in 29 Palms
Bedman
Brandi
Mike Supino
DikLang
Seatwill
Keri

There are others... many who no longer post, but might still be on this side of the rainbow...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2020 at 08:57 AM

Thanks DK - yes Fred Hoctor and Jimmy Smith are who I was thinking of.

Am sure there are many others!

Good to recall fond memories - and keep them alive in our hearts

Wishing all the best of health .. L

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-9-2020 at 09:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  
Thanks DK - yes Fred Hoctor and Jimmy Smith are who I was thinking of.

Am sure there are many others!

Good to recall fond memories - and keep them alive in our hearts

Wishing all the best of health .. L

De nada!

You can see many of our old friends as they attended some of my Viva Baja events (2000-2006), and M's BBBB events (2001-2003), and the Pyramid Resort Book Signing events (2003-2008). Photos from them are on my site, www.vivabaja.com

Here is the link to my Viva Baja #3 photos, which had over 100 guests: http://www.vivabaja.com/vivabaja3/

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.