Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: San Quintin Beach Hotel
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 08:46 AM
San Quintin Beach Hotel

I have forgotten the name of the hotel on the beach near San Quintin that used to be a government hotel? What is it?

How would you compare that to staying at Jardins ? I have a friend visiting from abroad that I would like to show a nice day in that area (after a couple days at Rancho El Coyote).

Please share the name or URL if possible. We need WIFI to keep in touch with business interests (after two days offline at El Coyote), but just email - doesn't need to be super broadband.

Gracias!

[Edited on 7-5-2020 by TedZark]

Life is good...
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 08:53 AM

If it's the place I am thinking about the names have changed and it is now Mission Santa Maria. Maybe at one time the La Pinta.

https://www.misionsantamariahoteles.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g499404-...

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 08:54 AM

San Quintín.

It has been called these names:

Hotel El Presidente, opened in 1974 just after the Transpeninsular Highway did.

La Pinta

Desert Inn

Misión Santa María

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 08:56 AM

Better food at El Jardin....better view at "La Pinta"

Don't believe everything you think....
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 09:01 AM

Perfect. BajaNomad to the rescue. Thank you.

Life is good...
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 12:19 PM

We stayed at the Mission and were so happy there.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 01:21 PM

El Jardin has soul, great room prices and rooms and food next door... Santa MariaMission la pinta (whatever) has the beach.

I would choose El Jardin again next time although can't go wrong with either.....pick la pinta ro sleep and walk and eat at Jardin :light:

TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 03:07 PM

I've stayed at Jardins a couple times, but never at Santa Maria - how do you get out there?

Life is good...
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 03:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  
I've stayed at Jardins a couple times, but never at Santa Maria - how do you get out there?

Turn west at the large Los Pinos Pemex a bit south of San Quintin. A couple of miles, on south side.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  

Turn west at the large Los Pinos Pemex a bit south of San Quintin. A couple of miles, on south side.

This is Km. 11... the road to the hotel is paved and 3 miles in. The Cielito Lindo motel/ bar/ cracked crab dinners is also reached off this road.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 05:47 PM

Gracias!

Life is good...
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2020 at 11:40 PM

Ted,
I dare you to go to Cielito Lindo for Happy Hour....

TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 04:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Ted,
I dare you to go to Cielito Lindo for Happy Hour....

because...

Life is good...
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 04:59 AM

I just want to know. Are there super margaritas? Dancing girls? Dancing margaritas?

Life is good...
KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 08:59 AM

The bartender is very generous with the tequila in his margaritas... I dare you to say to the bartender "mucho tequila por favor". I made that mistake once..... The following day was messed up as far as off-road riding ability was concerned
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 09:37 AM

I'll keep your advice in mind. Perhaps not in spirit though.

Life is good...
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KasloKid  
The bartender is very generous with the tequila in his margaritas... I dare you to say to the bartender "mucho tequila por favor". I made that mistake once..... The following day was messed up as far as off-road riding ability was concerned

Not all 'tequilas' are created equal. One of the earliest lessons I learned in Baja was to 'call' your tequila. The Rosarito Beach Hotel circa 1976 had live band and $5.00 cover got you two drink coupons. "Margarita's" served up in a champagne glass. I was the designated driver so I would only drink one. I am a big guy so I would get a good buzz but always chased with agua con gas. Anyone of my friends, girlfriends and seemingly anyone else who drank the second one would be wasted. It got to the point that when I would take friends I would take their money and tell them they got ONE drink ticket and after that they had to buy their own beers. I watched the bartender and noticed that the 'tequila' being used was of the rotgut cane liquor no name variety typically in a plastic bottle. I took to calling it embalming fluid. I also observed the same phenomenon at other bars all over Baja, including Cielito Lindo. If you don't call you don't know what you are going to get and chances are it's lesser quality 'mixto'. Things are a bit different in this century but I still see call because I still see some weird looking bottles behind the bar at same places. Having said all that if you have 3-4-5 margarita's with quality tequila you may still have a date with the porcelain throne.
Moderation in all things. :saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 11:22 AM

Well, if I am conquering the "porcelain throne" I want only the best!

Not really. Usually three, puts me to sleep.

Life is good...
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 01:34 PM
Memories from Cielito Lindo

A long departed Baja buddy, Dennis Moody, and I were returning from La Paz having helped mark the Baja 1000 back in the very early 80s. We got separated from the guys with the money and figured that we needed a stop. We were nearly broke, but always a few pesos for a margarita saved up. We sat down in the bar at Cielito Lindo, wondering how we'd get enough Pemex to make the border - who is also sitting there - none other than Coco. I had know him from a couple of years earlier in Ensenada at the campground there. He graciously loaned us $40 - plenty in those years for gasolina to make Chula Vista, and he bought our Maggies besides.

John M
KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2020 at 11:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by KasloKid  

Not all 'tequilas' are created equal. One of the earliest lessons I learned in Baja was to 'call' your tequila. The Rosarito Beach Hotel circa 1976 had live band and $5.00 cover got you two drink coupons. "Margarita's" served up in a champagne glass. I was the designated driver so I would only drink one. I am a big guy so I would get a good buzz but always chased with agua con gas. Anyone of my friends, girlfriends and seemingly anyone else who drank the second one would be wasted. It got to the point that when I would take friends I would take their money and tell them they got ONE drink ticket and after that they had to buy their own beers. I watched the bartender and noticed that the 'tequila' being used was of the rotgut cane liquor no name variety typically in a plastic bottle. I took to calling it embalming fluid. I also observed the same phenomenon at other bars all over Baja, including Cielito Lindo. If you don't call you don't know what you are going to get and chances are it's lesser quality 'mixto'. Things are a bit different in this century but I still see call because I still see some weird looking bottles behind the bar at same places. Having said all that if you have 3-4-5 margarita's with quality tequila you may still have a date with the porcelain throne.
Moderation in all things. :saint:

Thanks for your cautions and take on having a good time.
I've spent more than a few years owing a hotel with a busy bar and if I was being served cane liqour or mixto, I'd know it. We'd always ask for top shelf tequila and start off with a shooter, then a marg or 5 with the same tequila. No bottle lime juice.... fresh squeezed limes. Should'a stopped after 3....
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.